Coffee Shop Twenty is now open fer business

Status
Not open for further replies.
George, nice to see you again. I'm sorry to hear that you have the same class of scumbags there as we have here. :( I hope you're able to salvage as much as possible and get going again, A Merry christmas and healthy, prosperous New year to you and the family.

Ken, the Bama relatives must be wondering what all that white stuff is and why it's staying aorunfd so long. :) We have a tiny chance of getting a few flakes Christmas night but I think the moisture will be gone before the cold air gets here. Got my last present today. Radio Shack had a nice HD digital video cam on sale for $130. Dianna's is an old piece of junk on its last legs so I think she'll like this one. I'm done with shopping now, so it's time to sit back and enjoy the season.

Jeffrey, that's distressing news about the osteomyelitis progression. I hope they can get it under control before it goes any further, Amputation is always a hazard in severe diabetes but they've made lots of progress saving limbs that would have been lost only 10 years ago. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Phillip, your daughter sounds like my oldest, who just got "engaged" to a guy with $50 in the bank and a beater pickup that has the headlights go out unpredictably. I had told her the deal was to finish school and get her RN before she got seriously involved with a guy. If she want's to get married, she can go down to the courthouse and get it done. Dear old dad's not kicking in a dime on this one. Sorry to hear about your friend but I'm sure he'll be pleased to look down on you doing his funeral.

David, this leak in my RV roof is driving me nuts too. I can find the bigs ones, it's the little ones that make you crazy.

Karl and Chris, I think you guys may be getting into the eggnog a little early. :D

Increasing clouds and not as cold tonight as we wait for the next strom system, which should be here late tomorrow night. The pressure gradient looks pretty impressive so we'll get some strong winds for sure. Any severe storms will depend how far north we can get 60 degree dewpoints and how strong the wind shear is. I don't think we'll get much but rain and wind but this is the type of storm that can spool up rapidly down here and turn on you in just a couple of hours, so it will bear watching. It was a beatiful day today, with a high of 67. This is the last day of sunny, mild weather we'll see for about the next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
12-23-09

Good Very Early Morning from the C & S West Shortline,

It's now 1205Am and I believe is close to freezing, yes I just checked and it's actually about 30* with a lot of moisture so it will probably be a very Cold Day. Glad I got my bed warming up, alwasys nice to climb into a nice warm bed.

Jim, I'm not sure about your motor home leak but I think I'd better check the roof from below the Evapo Cooler to the peak of the roof as well as covering the cooler as I just bought two 100 foot rolls, one black 6 mil and one clear 6 mill too, to use around here for different things. Thank God there were no leaks in the carage where the layout is.

I just happened to think that there is Cremey White roof coating that drys to a water proof seal and that might be a good choice for you to coat the motor home roof with?

My buddy suggested that I use the stuff to coat the house roof with and maybe that's what I'll wind up doing as it's so expensive to put a new roof on and I don't find anything that comes close, as far as looks, to the shake roof that's on the house now.

Best Hoilday Wishes,

David

Good Morning--

Had to wake up sister at an early hour of 4am to get her going to TO so she can see friends there and then I had to pick up relatives at the airport as they got delayed by someone on the plane who just had to have a hoohaw :mad: Airplane rage----just love it---NOT:mad:

Now we are seeing if'n I can stuff even more people here in Grand Central House:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

So-----all of you---as you rushing around getting stuff done---

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years !!! :D:D:D:D:D:)

Good afternoon all.

Flo, I'll have the works. Bicycle sandwich man failed to turn up at the office today.

Its been a cold and crappy week. I don't often get much time to post here anymore but I do manage to try and keep up to date with the goings on. The tiny bit of snow and ice we've had has pretty much screwed all the transport in London for the past several days. Monday night it took us 2 1/2 hours to get home after a concert by multiple busses, long diversions, and several long waits. Normally its a single bus and 25 mins. The trains in and out of central London have been a joke as well. Most of the schedule was trimmed back to 'Saturday service'. Many people just gave up after watching train after train pull in already rammed beyond full.

boB: at the end of the day its only a hobby. Your hobby. If the inspiration and motivation isn't there, its no good forcing it. You'll be back if and when it feels right.

To all, a very Merry Christmas and I hope Santa has lots of toys (err scale models) for everyone. Even Chris, who we all know has been rather naughty.

Good morning folks

It was 23 F as I headed out this morning. High will be 29 F.

I had a small detour this morning. There was a water main break on one of the roads. We could get by on shoulder but the road had huge chucks of ice scattered about. It looked kind of surreal.

We had guitar lesson and volleyball practice last night. Didn’t get anything else done.

We are thinking about going to see the Christmas lights display at Longwood Gardens tonight. It always looks so cool when there is snow on the ground.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning. It's 58 and cloudy with rain. Showers and isolated thunderstorms this morning and afternoon. Chance of rain is 70%.

My schedule for today is pretty much open. A Home Health nurse should be coming out around noon to change the dressing on my foot and reattach the suction line for the wound vac. It had to be removed yesterday so the doc could examine the wound and do a debridement on it. The vac can't be reattached within 24 hours of such a procedure. Beyond that I have nothing planned except ,aybe some light work getting the layout cleaned up. Lately it's been the catch-all for pieces left over from projects, packages I'm preparing to send out and some things that just don't seem to have a place. There are also a few Pola structures I have to find a place for. Failing that they'll go into the storage bin under the layout. There's stuff in there that hasn't seen the light of day for years, some of it dating back to my N Scale days in the 80's.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/PC220302.jpg

David, this leak in my RV roof is driving me nuts too. I can find the big ones, it's the little ones that make you crazy.
Jim, it could be one of the clearance lights, or the joint around the window. Back in the "good old days" I've seen a few leaks coming from where the nameplates and emblems were riveted in place. If the television antenna is anywhere near the leak area, it may be as simple as the rubber cap that seals the 75 ohm cable is allowing water in.
Some RV repair shops now have leak detection services, where they lightly pressureize the interior of the coach, and spray soapy water over the outside. Anywhere there are bubbles, there are leaks. It may be worth the hundred bucks to go have the check done, and fix the leaks they find when you get home.

David, this leak in my RV roof is driving me nuts too. I can find the bigs ones, it's the little ones that make you crazy.
Jim my gosh, sounds like your RV roof is like a sieve, what kind of a roof do you have on your RV?
Good Morning All, wet but warm here today, looks like a green Christmas. Banking and shopping today so it'll be busy. I'll also have to do the floors ah well no rest for the wicked I guess.
Spent last evening working on grand sons wreck, er car. Got it all apart only to find out I'd need a press to put a bearing on a front axle. So re assembled it and sent him on his way, he'll have to take it to a shop to have it done. So only thing accomplished was to aggravate the arthritis, ah well nothing compared to what Jeffery is experiencing.
Have to go, catch yah later
So y'all have a great day
Cheers
Willis

Karl and Chris, I think you guys may be getting into the eggnog a little early. :D

Jim, I can't speak for Karl cause he passed out Hours ago........ but, To Hell with the Nog we went streight to the bottle!:eek::p

Merry Christmas!

Hey, who's going to clean up the mess now, Karl passed out!!!!!!!!!......................................................

I know where's MATT!:p:)

Hydrocal arrived! Should be enough for a couple of layouts:rolleyes:.
My WS green turf stuff for the trees probably won't get here until Saturday's mail. Can't do a thing until I get the back part finished and then work my way out. Rats!

Morning, everyone.

Terry, I'm almost sure it's a clearance light. The leak only drips in at one spot that is almost exactly above the first front clearance light. No nameplates or anything else up there. Before I sealed all the seams with Eternabond tape, I had a really bad leak in the front, where the fiberglass front cap meets the roof. I've sealed every other intrusion with the Eternabond, including the radio antenna and satellite dish. The roof material is not rubber, but I think it's a bonded fiberglass, and is in good shape, with no cracks or peeling. Since this is a 1995 Safari Trek, the aluminum side walls do add a wrinkle, since the roof is attached to the sidewalls and not formed in one piece, like an all fiberglass coach. The leak is too high to be coming from a window seal so I need a few dry days in a row to pull all the clearance lights and inspect them. I figure I'll replace all the bulbs and re-bed the lenses with silicone. Does this sound like a good way to go? I know the clearance light holes literally are just that - holes in the cap that go all the way through, so that's why I'm thinking a clearance light is the chief suspect. Other than this pesky leak, the Trek has been a really good coach. If I can't track it down, I'll have to see if any RV place down here does the leak checking thing. For some reason, I kind of doubt it.

David, that white coating so good for rubber roofs but not so good for much else. It's useful for aluminum mobile home roofs to help reflect sun but it's not a great leak sealer. Unless you have obvious holes or cracks, it's rarely the roof surface that's the the problem, it's an intrusion, like your swamp cooler. Is yours flat or mounted at an angle? The angle mounts are notorious for leaks. Sometimes the only answer is to pull the unit out of the roof and replace the seal, since they are nearly impossibly to seal well on an angle.

Barry, airports and Christmas are not a fun combination. What happened on the plane? The crew doesn't take a joke well now, so you're liable to find yourself on the floor secured with plastic handcuffs if you start trouble. I always identify myself to the head flight attendant when I fly in case there's a sky marshal on board and something goes wrong, so he knows where the good guys are. The only incident I was ever involved in was flight with a male passenger who was obviously intoxicated. The flight attendant refused to serve him and he got violent, grabbing her by the throat and overturning the drink cart. I was three rows behind the guy and was able to grab him from behind and choke him out, so I could drag him into the aisle. The flight attendants had some plastic cuffs, so I cuffed his hands and feet. He was mad when he came to. :eek: No sky marshal on this flight either, although a couple of other male passengers jumped in to help. This was in 2002, when I was still on active duty. The flight was from SFO to Denver and we diverted to Salt Lake City. The plane was swarming with cops when we got on the ground, away from the terminal. It was only about six months after 9/11, so tensions were still pretty high. They dragged him off and it took me about three hours to get debriefed by the Feds and get all the paperwork done. I got to Denver finally, about eight hours late. American was really nice about the whole thing though. They gave me a free round trip ticket, first class, anywhere in the US, and wrote a letter of commendation to my sheriff. The flight attendant I helped gave me a great big kiss afterward. :) Even with all the hassle, it felt good to actually do my job when someone needed help.

Andrew, from the stories I read, it sounded like you guys had some giant blizzard. I guess it's like here - a few inches of snow is a blizzard. ;) I hope the rest of the week is better, and that you and all our British friends have a very Merry Christmas.

Jeffrey, I hope the vac works right this time. I've got a box full of old buildings and other assorted details I know I'll probably never use. I'll bet I have 300 street signs alone. I have no idea why I hang on to them.

Willis, you experience is a good illustration of why I just take my car to a mechanic, since it always seems to end up there anyway. :D

It's cloudy and relatively mild today, with a temperature of 58. The humidity is still way low, at 44%, and the wind hasn't picked up, so any rain is going to take a while to get here. Looks like the whole Midwest is going to get slammed with a nasty winter storm though. I think Christmas shopping season is over there. :) I hope everyone up there stays warm and enjoys what looks like it's going to be a really white Christmas

Jeffrey, I hope the vac works right this time. I've got a box full of old buildings and other assorted details I know I'll probably never use. I'll bet I have 300 street signs alone. I have no idea why I hang on to them.
For the same reason I hang on to stuff. There's always that chance that it'll be useful again.

I was the same way a few years ago when remodeling this house we live in. Kept all of the old studs and paneling and pipe and all sorts of STUFF. I finally went in to the attic one day and started tossing stuff down the stairs and filled three pickup beds with old wood. We had a heck of a bonfire that day. Also unloaded a bunch of copper, aluminum and steel to the tune of $85 worth at the salvage yard. I think the ceiling went up about 4" that weekend. and I could actually find some things we had been searching for for a couple of years. I was a real pack rat and now I hardly keep anything and I am always needing it two weeks after I toss it. Oh well I am at least trying to stimulate the economy and keep people working. Right now I have a whole stack of Walnut limbs cut in half to make bowls with on the wood lathe. I looked at them last week and now they are gonna get tossed as I did not seal the ends and they all cracked and are now good for nothing but firewood.

Hey, who's going to clean up the mess now, Karl passed out!!!!!!!!!......................................................

I know where's MATT!:p:)

Right here :rolleyes:

Well we had about an inch of snow roll through HF today, enough to make the sidewalk slick during track. Thats another thing, i started indoor track yesterday, my grades slipped alittle when signups happened, so i had to wait and get the grades up before i could play, now im back and surprisingly keeping pace even though theyve got lots of practices on me.

Well tommorow we head to Nana and Poppy's to unwrap with the family from Argyle, maybe ill swing by the firehouse to visit whoever got stuck with a Christmas Eve shift.

Merry Christmas

Matt you need to tend to Karl, He put Lung butter every where! You might want to use chemecal gloves that vomit is very toxic due to the rock gut he drank!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back