Coffee Shop Twenty is now open fer business

Status
Not open for further replies.

leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"
Well Flo just saved you the job of cleaning the old place one last time. Here we are in a freshly painted and totally redecorated shop. Welcome all.

Neat little cafe here!:):)

Good Evening--

Been in the trainroom getting some grain driers made up so I have a bunch of them to place around some of the elevators. That and having a cat purring away on the lap while doing a bit of reading.:):)

Jim That convenience store, located in downtown Ingersoll ON, is kind of interesting in that there is a dry cleaners that works at the back of the store as well as a small laundry facility. Pop is a somewhat common phrase around here---it seems to capture all the different ones---but if you did not see that before you'd be----?:confused:?

Have a good one people!:):)

I think the smell of the old one was scaring people away. By old one do I mean the shop, or Jim?:p

Taking a look at the Merchants row kits, I have a lot of respect for the modeling and painting abilities of this crew. Thank god I bought them as filler and won't be using the fronts. I hope to keep them for somewhere else on the layout some day. I just don't know if my painting skills and patience are up to the task yet.

Nice shop we have here. Nothing like a coffee shop that has a coffee flavor of 'old boot'. "It may taste like an old boot, but it will kick your butt into gear!

Have a good night folks.

Evening gang!
Carey, congrats on becoming a member of the Grandfathers Guild! Remember our mantra,,,,,spoil em,,spoil em,,,spoil em! :D
It was fun today, as it was my grandsons 4th birthday! He and all his little buddies were all amped up on sugar and soda,,,,thank goodness it was at our son's place!!!!:rolleyes:
Ken Are you coming to the set up tomorrow?

Good evening folks

Oh my aching feet, legs, and back! Sometimes weekends are rougher than workdays.

We did our Scouting for Food this morning with the Cub Scout Pack and Boy Scout Troop. We collected close to 700 food items for a local food bank. Boy they were surprised when we kept bringing in box after box.

A trip to the music store to drop my daughter’s flute off for a tune up followed. Then a trip to another music store to look for music. We need to start working on the Spring recital music.

Once we were home it was pull the stuff out of the garage, put the summer yard stuff in and rearrange things so that the winter stuff is in the front.

My son had a friend over last night and they ran some trains.

Congratulations CJ!

I hope everybody has a good day.

Boy...Glad a new coffee shop opened....The gang just about busted my wallet at the old one....
Carey...You'll find grandkids are the best thing since fresh coffee....They're totally different from one's own kids...Love being a Grandpa'..!!

Went over to feed my sister's pets (5 dogs, 5 cats, indeterminant number of ferrets) while she and her husband are away for the weekend + 2 days. They'll be back Tuesday night. Everything went fine until the Great Dane jumped up in my face and knocked me over. Excuse me, did I say knocked? It was more like getting hit by an ATV falling backward on a ramp! When 100+ pounds slams into you something has got to give. Luckily I didn't hit anything but the floor and the language I was using sent him running for the dog door. He knew he was in trouble in spades. All the other dogs got their nightly treats. He got none.

Oh, and Gus, we made a perfect laser copy of your credit card.:D

Evening, everyone.

I see the city finally condemned the old place. About time, it was starting to get kind of moldy...or maybe that was me. :)

Jeffrey, nice job on the brick. Looks like that will be a great building when it gets done. That was you sister's great dane that knocked you down? Sounds like he needs some time in obedience school. Some pepper spray is also effective. :eek: I read your other message about the nitwit with the cell phone. I almost got slammed by some 17 year old girl chatting away on her jewel-encrusted iPhone the other day. She never even looked up when I had to lock up the brakes. I'm in favor of banning all cell phones while the vehicle is in motion unless you're calling 911. No phone call is that important it can't wait until you get stopped somewhere.

Barry, "pop' was all I ever knew until I left Ohio. Strange how all these regionalisms develop. The first day I was down here, I ordered a hamburger and the waitress wanted to know if I wanted it "all the way". I thought she was hitting on me. Turns out it's the same as "everything on it" in Ohio. :D

Corey, I generally smell pretty good for an old geezer. :) Any of those DPM/Merchants Row kits are a real challenge to paint. Ken's was still the best job I've ever seen.

Tom, you collected all that food and then rearranged your garage by season. No wonder your body hurts. I'm happy just to get all the junk in the garage far enough in that I can close the door. ;)

Gus, Jeffrey is in charge of redistribution wealth here at the coffee shop so you can expect some unusual charges on your credit card from time to time. :p

We had a whole five minutes of rain here about an hour ago. Looks like an area of at least a little light rain might move through later tonight. Other than that, it's still pretty mild for the middle of November. Looks like some colder weather later next week, so I'd better get the Christmas lights up while I can still wear a t-shirt.

Tom, you collected all that food and then rearranged your garage by season. No wonder your body hurts. I'm happy just to get all the junk in the garage far enough in that I can close the door. ;)

Rearranging by season????:confused:
Around here, rearranging your garage by season means parking the tractor with a plow ahead of your car!

Good morning. It's 52 and cloudy. High today will be in the low 60's and it will be partly cloudy.

Yesterdays all day rain has left the area soaked, wet and miserable. In spite of this I finally got the two structures from the back of the layout weathered and set back in place, sort of. They'll have to wait for an accurate placing when I can get under the layout to the access hole. There are some other structures that require attention but those two were the most difficult to reach. The others are closer to the front of the layout, that is, within 36 inches. Nothing on the schedule for today except to go over to my sister's place and feed the menagerie.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/DSCN2270.jpg

Good Mornig

Yeb--I godda code---by dose is all blugged ub.:eek::(

We be getting a little less dull today. It is various shades of dull vs what we had yesterday--a solid shade of mid tone grey. Todays high will be 8C and tonights low will be 3C. Tomorrow we will have another type of dull with a few sunny spicules for comparison purposes only--:rolleyes:

Jim We took a number of trips quite a few years ago through the mid west and south and came upon a whole slew of regionalisms like the one you mentioned. It made for a fun drive--did not know what to expect! The food regionalisms are interesting too. The more we did our photo hunts we found that even local diners we came across did not always do up burgers the same way. So much for the "It Is All The Same" school of thought in this field---:)

Karl That is--if you actually have SPACE for the tractor and car---in the same garage!!:):):D Here? Not so much:eek:

Got some layout cleaning to do--ie: Cat fluff has ended up in some back corners:cool:

LTR:)

:pQuiet day around here. Got some minor chores and shopping for food thing planed! Was going to do flyer run but with the impending cold front pushing down the Question of weather:rolleyes: or not we get some GOOD rain fall is very ify! Last night my wife wanted to take me and my son to the International mall down in Tampa next to the airport. Needless to say Its one of those you almost need a credit check just to park(no seriously) They even had Valet parking too!:eek: Most of the shoppers in that Mall were so upthight that they could suck bricks out of a block wall with their butt cheeks! Heck there wasn't any Gang's or Rednecks(I was the only RN there:() either! Any ways my wife wanted to have dinner at the Cheese cake factory!:eek: I thought she was nut's.........and I was right.....she was:). Nice place...good food...not to? bad on the prices but not my kinda place;):p The Mall too. I'm not a upscale type-o-person:D If the Mall ain't got Sears, JC pennys or a Mickey D's ain't my kinda mall! Well got to goooooooo! Have a good Sunday!:D:):D

I like going tot he upscale malls once in a while just to people watch. You go to a low life mall and watch the weirdo's and the upscale to watch those that THINK they are better than thou. Glendia gets mad at me sometimes because I have a tendency to voice my opinions out loud. That does get me some stares now and then but it is also fun to watch their reactions. We were in a store a while back and some kid kept running up and down the aisles about running in to folks. I said in a rather loud voice what the hell do you think this is a race track. A woman stuck her head around the corner and glared at who ever said it. There were three or four men in the aisle so she did not know who had said it. I got a couple of thumbs up signs from the other fellows and smiles from all including the women. Glendia was embarrassed by all of the attention but I loved it. I am not an attention seeker but I do not expect to get run over by hooligans.

I like going tot he upscale malls once in a while just to people watch. You go to a low life mall and watch the weirdo's and the upscale to watch those that THINK they are better than thou. Glendia gets mad at me sometimes because I have a tendency to voice my opinions out loud. That does get me some stares now and then but it is also fun to watch their reactions. We were in a store a while back and some kid kept running up and down the aisles about running in to folks. I said in a rather loud voice what the hell do you think this is a race track. A woman stuck her head around the corner and glared at who ever said it. There were three or four men in the aisle so she did not know who had said it. I got a couple of thumbs up signs from the other fellows and smiles from all including the women. Glendia was embarrassed by all of the attention but I loved it. I am not an attention seeker but I do not expect to get run over by hooligans.

We need to get together, bring our wives to the mall with Us!:D

I'm the same way, Naturaly I'm loud to begin with. Because of me being around loud equipment all day I learned to speak a little louder. So when I speak indoors or in quiet places I forget I'm loud or forget to use my inside voice!:eek::( So then naturaly anything I say CAN and DOES get used against me!:):rolleyes:;):p I myself don't preffer to be around Stuck up people or the High dollar well to do's, Watching them or Them watching me!:rolleyes: I tell my wife, "I don't think there's nothing wrong with voicing your opinion.....but rather, I think is worse to not letting people not know your feelings and they keep on hanging around annoying you;):p!

Upscale Mall? Hmmm, we ain't got one of dims...just malls with typical shops and typical folks.
Ya'know, it really grippes me on how the self proclaimed elite want to segregate themselves, yet they are the ones that tell everyone else how we are all alike and should treat all the same, regardless of culture, beliefs, or monetary worth. Unfortunately, they are the one's that get laws passed relecting this, but don't have to deal with the consequences. To me, the only difference in them and anyone else is they are in greater debt. ;)
Rant over!:D

On this weekend's modeling side of things, I had to replace part of a hand-made curve turnout that Carey made for me several years ago. It was two turnouts in line on the same form and rather complex in its design, but one of the diverging routes throw bar finally had been repaired for the last time. I cut out the bad turnout section and used a Walthers Shino 7.5 to replace it. Of course, this did not fit perfectly so there were mods to be made and also changes in adjoining track. Anyhoo, it is in and working. Also, added a passing track with Tortoises that had to be wired-in along with wiring for block detection. Having a great time and I did all this without being uninterrupted...a first in a month...yea! yea! I'm back to modeling. :D

What's happening with you?:)

EDIT: Hey Mikey, the BAMA Boys will have War Buzzard for dinner this Friday. (for those that don't understand: Auburn War Eagles) ROLL TIDE!

BTW CHRIS, Florida doesn't have the ugliest cheerleaders......AUBURN DOES!!!! hehehehe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening, everyone.

You can tell the high class mall around here because the security vehicles actually have the mall name painted on them rather than just magnetic signs. :) The closest thing we have to a high class mall near me is the Galleria in Birmingham, where the literati of the New South hang out and try to look more snooty than the person next to them. We had all them high-class malls everywhere in California. I think that's why the state is bankrupt now. :D I never did understand $200 jeans and $300 sneakers.

Barry, if you avoid the freeways, you can still take a trip across the country and see real towns and meet real people. If you stay on the freeways, you could be anywhere from California to New York and everything is the same except the accents and how many trees there are in the parking lot.

Jeffrey, I hope the great dane didn't get you this time. :eek:

Chris, you LOUD??? Hard to believe. :D I tend to get a little loud when annoyed in public by someone else's brat also. I'm with you and Larry for speaking up when someone's kid is out of control. Since the parents can't or won't, someone has to explain the concept of good manners to the little heathens.

Rex, now, now, those people in the upper income brackets have way more education than little people like you and me. It's their job to try and run our lives because we are too dumb to figure out things on our own. I can't wait to hear the howls of agony when they realize the Great Leader intends to take most of their money over the next few years. :mad: That should cut down on the demand for $200 jeans, huh?

All of Prattville is in an uproar over next Friday's games. At least 20,000 are going over to watch the Prattville HS game and then break up into the various factions for the Tide or the War Eagles. The same people who normally hate each other will come together to cheer on Prattville and then immediately hate each other again after the game. The rule is no Auburn or Alabama paraphernalia at the game. Apparently, the Auburn police don't want to deal with the riot starting too early. :D They are bringing in extra officers from all over the state to try to keep things under control. This is one I will watch on TV for sure.

It was a cold and dreary day down here too. The rain finally showed up early this morning and we got 1.85 inches in three hours, which surprised me. The rest of the day was cloudy, windy, and cool, with occasional drizzle. The high was 54 and the low 52. It doesn't sound so bad on the thermometer but the wind cuts right through you on these cloudy, damp days. It's supposed to get up into the 60's tomorrow so I'm getting all the Christmas decorations on the outside of the house before the next cold front come through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening, everyone.

Chris, you LOUD??? Hard to believe. :D I tend to get a little loud when annoyed in public by someone else's brat also. I'm with you and Larry for speaking up when someone's kid is out of control. Since the parents can't or won't, someone has to explain the concept of good manners to the little heathens.

I Know it's hard to believe I'm LOUD!:confused::( I get the most annoyed in traffic....Yes, I'm the guy yelling at people and love my horn(Sound's like ROAD RAGE ISSUES?):rolleyes:;) I went to wally world and took my truck & 16' trailer (Why I don't know) but anyways, why people think I can just back up or just float around them is beyond me:mad::rolleyes: Kid's don't bother me....sometime I'm worst than any kid:D;). I get board shopping too, so sometimes my son and I get into shoving matches or just clown around to the point of my wife walking way pretending to not knowing either one of us! You really would have hated to see us in that Foo/Foo Mall:D:rolleyes: Awwwwwwww, Kids are fun! My son and I try to be bad examples for them............I like to make the parents job of controling their kids harder!:D

Evening, everyone.

Rex, now, now, those people in the upper income brackets have way more education than little people like you and me. It's their job to try and run our lives because we are too dumb to figure out things on our own. I can't wait to hear the howls of agony when they realize the Great Leader intends to take most of their money over the next few years. :mad: That should cut down on the demand for $200 jeans, huh?

Yes, but they forget..........With out people like us, Their lawns wouldn't get mowed, Cars wouldn't get fixed, road wouldn't get paved, store shelves wouldn't get stock, and the fact that they NEED us More than we really need them is why they hate us so!;):p:rolleyes: Everytime I run across a person saying something snooty about the lower ranks I say, "Your just Mad Cause you need people like us to make your life easy and you couldn't live with out us! And smile and walk away:D"

Good morning folks

It was 45 F as I headed out this morning. Our high will be 57 F and we are expecting some showers later in the day.

We had to do some early Christmas shopping for my son. While changing over to his winter clothing he discovered that he did indeed grow. He has been telling us he did not grow since last year. This meant that most of his pants were either tight or half way up his legs or both. When we got home we finished taking down and storing the gazebo. I think we may need to look into getting a new next spring. This one is pretty beat up. I thought we could get away with just replacing the canvas roof but looking at the frame there is a lot of rusted through pieces despite our best attempts to paint and treat the frame. It has lasted us five or six summers.

My son and ran some trains. He ran more them more than I

I hope everybody has a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back