Coffee Shop Twenty is now open fer business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas!!!

Although I was a bit slow in getting into the spirit of the Season, I have arrived. I think there is a small part of me that misses the Christmas' of my childhood and so it is challenging to embrace all that Christmas is. Ah well...

It was 3 degrees when I got up this morning and it is hovering around 13 right now. We will, in fact, have a lovely white Christmas. That has helped.

While I was still trying to snag some of the spirit, a friend called and asked if I would mind driving across town to her son and DIL's home to see if any packages had been left on their porch. They had to fly to TX because her DIL's brother had committed suicide. Sure makes me rethink the importance of...things.

Corey...be careful in your holiday travels. Don't let the weather win!!

Jim...Have a peaceful, love-filled, beautiful Christmas eve while you make new, lasting memories.

Rex...Hugs to the Bama boys! What are they getting for Christmas??

Jeffrey...Enjoy Christmas OFF your feet! Take care of yourself.

Chris...Looks like you are ALL having a blast with your sons' new toy! WooHoo!

Larry, Terry, David, Karl, Dan, Phillip...( I hope I didn't leave anyone out!!) Barry, too!
Have a wonderful Christmas Eve! Stay warm!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sandy- It's always sad to hear of a suicide, especially during the holidays. A neighbor down the road from me commited suicide a week ago, i was home alone at the time, i looked out the window to see the coroners van, 4 police cars, police tape and a hearse, needless to say i was scared, i though i was looking at the scene of a murder.

Well this afternoon we went to my Nana and Poppy's house to celebrate, it was a blast as it is every year, and there was tons of laughs to be had. Tommorow is the big day, and im actually pretty excited for it, i love Christmas and every year it seems to get better.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years. From Tom, Kris, Matt and Caity.

Matt!

Merry Christmas!!!!

Sounds like you had a good day! Have you gotten the kayak yet? :D

Christmas with family is the BEST!!!

Just heard that it's supposed to get to -11 tonight. HO HO BRRRRR!

Sandy

And a very Merry Christmas! We just got back from my sisters place. It was a nice time. Rex, Sandy we had fun this morning! My son, wife and myself rode that poor little bike for four hours streight! That bike ran all four hours on 1/2 a gallon of gas:eek: We figure we done 50 miles on the trails and streets behind and around the house! Not bad 100 miles a gallon! I was suprised my wife drove the bike and loved it!

I wish I wasn't so good at hiding the Christmas gifts.... but I found the last one and got it wrapped a few minutes ago.

Now, I can enjoy my Christmas and wish all of you the very best of this Holiday Season.

And to all, a very Good Night!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!

...and hope that the coming year will be as good or better than the current one.

Mikey, my weakness is wrapping - I can never figure out the correct size of gift wrapping paper to cut without ending up with several dozen useless long slivers left over. And nowadays the stores don't sell stuff in boxes anymore, and they only provide 15"x12"x2" shirt boxes - useless for the non-clothing gifts I bought. So trying to wrap some of these un-boxed items was a real challenge. At least I was able to re-use some of the mailing boxes leftover from recent online purchases I've received...

MerryChristmas.png

Good Early Morning this Christmas Day!

It's 12:27Am here in Coarsegold, Ca. so Christmas Day is hear, Glory to Jesus Christ and our roots!

Hope everyone has a very enjoyable day and finds all the RR stuff they wanted has arrived by the Jolly Chubby Fellow. what I get upset about is that after the Raindeer leave there is usually quite a bit of smelly stuff on the roof and it's no fun to clean OFF!!
I'm not sure just what Saint Nick has been feeding them but I think he needs to change their diet.

The Best to All of YOU!!

A Very Merry Christmas to you all!

Just got back from midnight mass and I realized I'm not starting to make a lot of sense on my other post. time to hit the hay so the gift ripping and tearing can start in the morning. Midnight mass always makes me feel very peaceful and remember why we are doing all the secular things for Christmas. I hope everyone gets the blessing of the day and gets what they had on Santa's list, except Chris, of course. He has been much too naughty. :D Merry Christmas to all my many friends here and I'll see you in the morning.

Matt!

Merry Christmas!!!!

Sounds like you had a good day! Have you gotten the kayak yet? :D

Christmas with family is the BEST!!!

Just heard that it's supposed to get to -11 tonight. HO HO BRRRRR!

Sandy

Sandy- Thanks, Merry Christmas to you too!!
My littles sister had me up at 1 45 this morning to tell me Santa came, as for the kayak, im not sure lol, i overheard my dad and aunt jenny asking when dicks was dropping matts big present off and what time she should show up with the lifevest this morning. At this moment in time our dogs are eating the bows so i should probably go supervise,

Merry Christmas to all

Merry Christmas from Ye Olde London Towne.

Twas a nice quiet eve, just the 2 of us. (and the psycho cats) A few prezzies under the tree this morning to rip into. We both were sneaky and went over the prescribed spending limit again. :D What we really wanted was a quiet stress free Christmas and we've managed it for the first time. Normal chaos will resume next year.

The tiny bit of snow has been washed away by rain leaving us with a Green Christmas morning. Up to 5c today. (41f)

Champagne and orange juice to start the day followed by a traditional English breakfast with fancy farm fresh ingredients. I'm about to start prepping the dinner which usually takes the bulk of my afternoon. Its something I've always done as a way to escape the usual hoards that descend on our place. Well best get to work on the stuffing.

Have a great and peaceful day.

Glendia's dad was put back in the hospital Christmas Eve. The rehab facility did not read his chart and tried to put his pills in his feeding tube clogging it up. She went to the hospital at 6:30 this morning so today will not be a very good day for either of us. I hope everyone has a Joyous and safe holiday season and remember the reason for the season.

Larry - so sorry to hear about your FIL, what a terrible thing to have happen on Christmas :( (I guess that's what happens when the rehabs try to cut their costs by hiring only Jamaicans instead of English-speaking nurses!:mad: )

Carl - I haven't seen a Boscov's since 1988 when Vicky and I moved from Reading, PA, I never knew they had them here in MD. I'll hafta remember that for next year...

.... I hope everyone gets the blessing of the day and gets what they had on Santa's list, except Chris, of course. He has been much too naughty. :D ...

We all may not get anything because of him! Here's why, Jim!;)

MX.png

Merry Christmas to all my friends and their families this holiday season!!!

(Especially you, Chris!):D

Sandy- Thanks, Merry Christmas to you too!!
My littles sister had me up at 1 45 this morning to tell me Santa came, as for the kayak, im not sure lol, i overheard my dad and aunt jenny asking when dicks was dropping matts big present off and what time she should show up with the lifevest this morning. At this moment in time our dogs are eating the bows so i should probably go supervise,

Merry Christmas to all

Now Matt, your going to have get your parents to take you and your Kayak to FLORIDA! We have some real nice spots to paddle around in! Some spots you start out in a fresh water river and a few hours later you end up in the Gulf of Mexico! I always wanted a fishing Kayak for snook and red drum Fishing! Lot of anglers are starting to use these little boats cause you can fish in shallower water easier and quietly sneak up on the fish!:)

what I get upset about is that after the Raindeer leave there is usually quite a bit of smelly stuff on the roof and it's no fun to clean OFF!!
I'm not sure just what Saint Nick has been feeding them but I think he needs to change their diet.

I hope everyone gets the blessing of the day and gets what they had on Santa's list, except Chris, of course. He has been much too naughty.
Oh, Chris is on Santa's list, all right. When Santa stopped here, he asked me to convey his apologies to David for dropping off Chris' present on David's roof...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back