Coffee Shop Twenty is now open fer business

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all may not get anything because of him! Here's why, Jim!;)

MX.png

Merry Christmas to all my friends and their families this holiday season!!!

(Especially you, Chris!):D

You guys!:rolleyes:;) You can't prove a thing that I CAUSED SANTAS death! when we a know it was Karl and Jim!:D:p I keep tellin ya, "I'm a very Good Boy!":)

Now off to the Outlaws for Christmas day! We got done with our unwraping here. my wife and I got our gift early....A new Blu-ray & surround sound and Computer. I also got a new pair of shoes too!:) I currious to what the In=laws got us sometime they combine my wifes and my gift and sometimes we get seperat gifts. My FIL is good for getting me tools i need.....But as usual he hasn't done the usual asking me fifty million questions on what tools I need and got! So I think this year will be a combo gift:rolleyes: May be something for the kitchen! we could use a new Forman Grill!:) My son Put 9 hours on his Mini Bike!:D He want's to take it to Grandpas but his PaPa said no,"cause Ryan and austin will fight over it!" I hate to say it he's right! Austin(Ryans cousin) is the kinda kid that would ride the bike in to a tree on purpous to destroy it:mad:! O' well, Merry Christmas to ya's again! Also I'M A GOOD BOY and I DIDN"T KILL SANTA!:mad::D:p

My poor wife and son has to work today, so no presents until they get off. But the whole family will be together this afternoon.

My wife and I got our present early in the form of our Grandson!:D:D:D I've even started his "trainin'"!

lilengineer.png

For someone who was told, by more than one MD, that she would never be able to have a child, we are truly blessed this Christmas!

The only downside to today is I have to cook the turkey! I tried smoking one for Thanksgiving and never could keep it lit!:D;):eek:

Larry: Sorry to hear about FIL. That's a terrible thing to have happen at Christmas. The people in charge at the rehab center should have their heads handed to them! That's inexcusable.

Good morning. It's 30 and sunny. The high today will in the upper 40's and it will be sunny. A welcome change from all the rain we've had lately.

It's a cold Christmas day here with no sign of rain. Looking forward to spending some time with my family later today. My sister has been cooking her traditional Christmas dinner since late yesterday and should be just about done with it. My nephew and my niece and her husband will be setting the dining room accordingly. I used to help out in that but owing to certain circumstances I'm not allowed to do anything but sit by and watch. I hope the rest of you have as good a day as I'm looking forward to having. Happy holidays.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/PB260227.jpg

Now Matt, your going to have get your parents to take you and your Kayak to FLORIDA! We have some real nice spots to paddle around in! Some spots you start out in a fresh water river and a few hours later you end up in the Gulf of Mexico! I always wanted a fishing Kayak for snook and red drum Fishing! Lot of anglers are starting to use these little boats cause you can fish in shallower water easier and quietly sneak up on the fish!:)

My parents mentioned going to orlando this summer,

I did get the kayak and im thrilled, its a whopping 27*(feels like 19*) out right now and me and my grandfather already have plans to put our kayaks (i have a 10ft, he has a 14ft) in the water sometime today or this week while im on break.

Larry- Sorry to hear about your father in law, hopefully he'll be better and home for new years.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Larry, I'm sorry to hear about your father in law. Let's hope next year is a better one for your family.

Well, the weather is bad, but we made it everywhere we wanted to go yesterday. Without traffic, it's pretty easy to get around. I just went thirty miles an hour the whole way, including the highway!

I received my first air brush yesterday. It's a badger model, single action, internal mix. I decided to ask for a simple brush like this one instead of a fancier one. I want to see how well of a job I can do with this one. I also received a book about the 400 trains of the CNW. It's an awesome book so far! My big score of the night was a twenty inch replica of the leg lamp from "A Christmas Story"!:D IT"S A MAJOR AWARD! I can't believe my wife let my mother order it. Anyway, I've had an excellent Christmas so far and hope it continues today.

I hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas. To those of you who may not celebrate, have a good day!

Top Oh! the Morning to you all. Larry you have my sympathy, it'll not be a to joyous of a day for your family. Well the dog opened her present of a rubber duck, I guess she liked it but thankfully she wanted to go outside. I happily let her out.
Well y;all have a great day and don't overdo it

Merry Christmas to All
Willis

Good Morning--and Merry Christmas !!!!! :D:D:D:D

Got everyone up all piculous and curious about what they got:):)

I ended up with a coupla books and a DPM Gold Larsens Feed and Olsen's Implements and several more 40' boxcars and cylindrical hoppers and another Bachmann H16-44 to add to the general collection:D:rolleyes::p:p. Oh, and someone sent my sister something for moi---as if---a Lionel traiinset to go around the tree;):rolleyes:---with 'Spring'?:eek::eek:

What did I get? Well, $170, two DVD's (Star Trek Nemesis, Harry Potter and the half-blood prince), a Gator-Grip ratchet driver, a 22 disk CD holder, a trackside diner and a KCS 50' boxcar (arrived in the mail yesterday, opened today.

The diner:
PC170295.jpg

Say Terry, thanks for the conveyance from Santa!

I really wish he, his Raindeer more precisely, would make sure to keep tract of who's who and just where we live, the stuff is twice as strong as horse puck, jezzes does it stink, next thing to fresh Skunk spray!

Some Christmas present.

Afternoon, Everyone.

Larry, I agree with Jeffrey, that's an inexcusable error. No one puts pills down a feeding tube. I'd be having a meeting with the administrator first thing in the morning. The state supervises rehab facilities and they can be bought in if you file a complaint. I hope your FIL recovers OK from this. Bad enough to be dealing with cancer without having nitwit nurses too. :mad:

Chris, sounds like you and boy got some good breaking-in time on the bike. Sinjce everyone seems to have gotten presen ts this year, I guess you're off the hook about killing Santa, but I think it's due to the excellent medical care I gave when he aspirated that eggnog from laughing so much when Karl and me asked him about what you were getting for Christmas. :)

CJ, I've seen cute, adorable baby pictures before but the one of your grandson takes top prize. Don't you wish you could ever be that calm and care free again? He's beautiful and surely a gift from God.

Sandy, thank you for your good wishes. I see you are practically having a heat wave since it's 22 degrees in Denver right now. Looks like you may actually get above freezing next week. Time to break out the shorts and halter top. :D

Matt, you are actually going to put that kayak in the water when the air temperature is below freezing? Got a suvival suit? :eek: It's good to be young and not have any pain nerves.

Corey, that leg lamp sounds like one cool present. If it's the one I think it is, I almost bought one for myself. There's just something about those fishnet stockings...;)

Willis, our four cats have had a ball jumping in all the empty boxes and ripping up the wrapping paper. Buying toys for cats is a waste of money - boxes and paper are way more fun.

Barry, sounds like Santa must have thought you've been a good boy. :) Somehow, I just don't think a trainset around the tree and Spring are going to get along but I guess you'll find out next year.

Jeffrey, staying off your feet and letting everyone else do the work sounds like a great idea to me. Pretty neat little diner you got.

David, getting all those extra presents has a price. Maybe all the reindeer poop will seal that roof leak. :D

It's partly cloudy and cool here after a mild, windy, and rainy Christmas Eve. Finally got out of bed about 10 with the two girls (19 and 22) pounding on the door like five year olds to open their presents. They got mostly strange but apparently stylish clothes. Number 2's financee bought her a DVD player, so I'll have to figure out how to jam that in the wall mount that's already holding the TV and cable box. Got some nice steam videos, books, and a new watch, which I guess I need, since mine won't light up anymore and is always about 10 minutes late. My brother sent me a Bachmann Peter Witt trolley. Very nice model and perfect for my layout, since my backstory is that the Prattville & Northern was an old interurban line that dieselized in the 60's. Looks like a streetcar will be running in downtown Hillside for the first time in 50 years. It's finally quiet here, as dinner is almost ready and everyone is doing something else. I hope you have all had a very Merry Christmas and that all your wishes came true.

My parents mentioned going to orlando this summer,

I did get the kayak and im thrilled, its a whopping 27*(feels like 19*) out right now and me and my grandfather already have plans to put our kayaks (i have a 10ft, he has a 14ft) in the water sometime today or this week while im on break.

Larry- Sorry to hear about your father in law, hopefully he'll be better and home for new years.

If'n u go to the Orlando area kayaking, go to Crystal Springs or Silver springs west of orlando! Or head south to the swamps or the keys! Kayak meca down there too! Make sure you bring your camera and a can of OFF with Deet!

The temperature got up into the lower 60's today and there wasn't a cloud to be seen. It's down in the low 40's now heading for a low in the upper 20's. I'll be having the heat on tonight.

Jim- we had certainly planned on it, i dont have a problem with the cold at all, so it wouldnt have been a big deal for me, i was more worried about carrying 2 50lb boats down some snowy banks with a 73 year old man :)

Chris- Ahh deet, your best friend here in the Adirondacks from May to Mid July. Im not sure if we'll take the camper or not, but if we do, youll be sure to see a green kayak in the consist somewheres :D

Well I certainly love Christmas, i forgot to mention earlier, when i got the kayak, my dad thought itd be funny to leave the paddles at my grandparents house, so when i got the kayak, i didnt have a paddle :eek: well i did eventually get the paddle, after we waited 4 hrs to go to grandmas and open presents there, one of which included a nice paddle :D .

Last edited by a moderator:
look i learned how to post a thumbnail! Oh and please pardon the mess, the garage was freezing and i didnt feel like picking a ton up.

Merry Christmas To all, wishing you and yours a Happy Holidays, Matt C

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Evening,and Merry Christmas to all. Just thought I'd stop by and see how everyone is doing. As for myself,a great Christmas for sure. My older Brother and his family are here,and we have had a wonderful time. Santa left me some money,new clothes,and lots of memories.Any who,here is to all of you,a pleasent evening,and MERRY Christmas. Y'all have a good night. PEACE.:cool:.William.

Merry Christmas! Well...for a few more hours anyway.

Matt...Nice kayak. And you are right. A paddle would be helpful! :)

Carey...What an absolutely adorable picture! Congrats!!

It sounds like everyone had a pretty good Christmas. It was a nice, quiet one for us. We went to my Dad's wife's family's house. (That sounds convoluted! Sheesh!) Had a very nice time. They live out on the Eatern plains of Colorado and it was flipping cold out there! Snow was blowing...but the house was warm and we had a great time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

Sandy

In the last picture, you can see the next storm rolling in over the Rockies.

Willis, our four cats have had a ball jumping in all the empty boxes and ripping up the wrapping paper. Buying toys for cats is a waste of money - boxes and paper are way more fun.
Yep our dog did the same. Tore at the paper until the toy fell out then played with the wrapping probably wondering why it didn't squeak. When she finally took notice of the toy, well lets just say we wished she'd go back to the paper.

Cheers
Willis

'Spring' spends his play time fighting with the bows and paper---then he'll stalk his little bird toy----and then start dipping it into a cup of water like it was a teabag!!

It looks as if everyone had a pretty good Christmas.
I, too, survived another one and had a real nice day in spite of the way it started.

I awoke at 5 A.M. and realized I didn't smell turkey roasting. Because, I forgot to put it in the oven before I went to bed last night. I paniced when I found ice holding the wings together. A few gallons of running water thawed it out and I had it in the oven before 6 A.M.

My oldest daughter called at 6:30 to advise my grandson was up and destroying the gift wrappings. Twenty minutes later, we watched Jared open his last present. His parents were several presents behind. My other daughter's family were still not up by 9 A.M., so we headed home to finish getting the afternoon meal ready. Everything went relatively well for the rest of the day.
My only train related gift was a die cast N scale switch engine and two cars from my youngest grandsons. It will be a good static display on the layout.
I'll just have to enjoy all the great things y'all got with you!

Well, off to bed, more sale items to get in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back