Recent content by MikeInHubCity

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. MikeInHubCity

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Received a package from a longtime friend out east(South Jersey). An AF 0-6-0 locomotive & tender, as well as some box cars, that belonged to his father. His dad had a room-sized layout in what I imagine was originally a dining room, as it was right off of the kitchen & living room. The Dr...
  2. MikeInHubCity

Running Bear’s October 2020 Coffee Shop

Willie- NFL, for stat purposes, consider a tie as 1/2 win & 1/2 loss. So 1.5 / 5 = 30%.
  3. MikeInHubCity

Running Bear’s October 2020 Coffee Shop

Afternoon gang. Just checking in on my lunch break. Working all weekend, because I traded shifts with a coworker. She was looking to get someone to work for her tomorrow, so she picked up next Saturday. Which means I get a 3-day weekend for my birthday.
  4. MikeInHubCity

Walthers Motor Hotel

Jim- Hechingers? Wow, that has been around for quite a while. That dates back to the era of Rickels, Channel, Builders Square & Grossmans.
  5. MikeInHubCity

Running Bear's September 2020 Coffee Shop

Guy- didja have to leave the door to the blast chiller open this early? Our forecasted temp for Friday morning....
  6. MikeInHubCity

Greg(MF)- stay safe & away from your bride. Your compromised immune system doesn’t need any added challenges thrown your way. Curt, Willie, Lee & Alan- nice pics/updates TomO- happy anniversary. We’re not every 1/4 of the way. Joe- keeping Norton busy, I see. Troy- layout is coming along nicely...
  7. MikeInHubCity

Patrick- when we were in high school, one of our league rival’s back athletic fields butted up against the Mobil refinery(now owned by Valero). Mobil was so heavily invested in Paulsboro, that the cover on the marching band’s sousaphone had the Mobil Pegasus on it.
  8. MikeInHubCity

Yeah, we’re already getting people placing orders for Christmas gifts. Trying to stay ahead of backorders on the popular items, I guess.
  9. MikeInHubCity

Good Morning fellas. Flo- I’ll take a cuppa black, a few scrambled cluck bullets, rye toast & s side of scrapple, PATY. Hoping to get some work in the train room today. Maybe finish stripping that last section, get it ready to lay down some foam.
  10. MikeInHubCity

or .... Sure Wish I Finished Training :D 😂 😂
  11. MikeInHubCity

Sherrell- you could always do what I do & celebrate your birth month. BTW, you have only 12+ days to prepare for the celebration 🎉 🍾 😄 😄
  12. MikeInHubCity

Joe- When I was in lower elementary grades, I took PATCO to/from Lindenwold to Haddonfield.
  13. MikeInHubCity

Joe- I seem to recall Dec-May coastal storms being referred to as Nor’easters, regardless of wind direction or direction of the storm track.
  14. MikeInHubCity

Should you tell your wife......?

Wish I was married for 37 years, but she’s not even that old, so there’s that. 😂 😂

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.