Running Bear's November 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon all,

Daughter not blonde, she's just a cautious driver. More so than her dad.

I stand corrected on my snow total. The earlier total was taken a couple of hours before it stopped. We ended up with 8", which is about 2\3 our normal average amount of 12.7 ". Snow machine handled it quit easily. Took about 30 minutes to clear my driveway.

Remember there are 3 jobs for elves: shoemaker, hollow tree cookie bakers, and Santa's workshop.

Is your ring and garage system all wireless or did you have to run wires and power into the garage Or under the siding/eavestrough?
They are wireless. The Ring can be powered by battery or ground power, but the garage opener/camera is battery powered. (for now)
The new garage opener does have a battery back up, so that in a power failure,, our garage door still works.

Louis- You must be getting disillusioned to watch that movie!
I can't express how disappointed I was in the Thanksgiving and black Friday NFL games! Although it was kind of interesting seeing the Packers pass rush, the Lions offensive line was not playing well either. A case of that good or that bad? Either way it stifled the Lions offense making for a boring game. So much for the "old black and blue division"

I won't even mention the Washington @ Dallas game or the Jets and Dolphins game.

One word describes them all, boring!

I was thinking that movie matchup might at least be competitive.

Remember there are 3 jobs for elves: shoemaker, hollow tree cookie bakers, and Santa's workshop.
My first thought "get off my lawn!" ;)

I was not a fan of the Elf on the Shelf. My oldest daughter bought the Elf sets complete with the book and storage case for my grandsons. Both of my grandsons loved them and enjoyed the fantasy for several years. I became a believer.

Thank you, thinking about installing a system like that.
Everything On the garage opener is Chamberlain from Home Depot. The garage door an the video operator run on a MyQ app. I get a message on my phone every time the door opens and closes, and I can see how long it has been since it last opened and closed. Our former unit was a chain drive Craftsman unit that works for 21 years. I replaced it with a belt drive. MUCH quieter!

An empty coal tipple = a loaded coal train. CSX #906 on speed restriction for the work crew.
IMG_6359.jpg
IMG_6369.jpg
IMG_6370.jpg

Well the Giants stumbled to a 10-7 win over New England. Buffalo is making their game with the Eagles Interesting. Alternative, is more Mid Sommer Murder Mystery reruns...

Wife, the Cat and I have the house to ourselves again. We has 8 people for Thanksgiving Dinner, the Mother in Law, my two sons, the DIL and the grand children. MIL went back to the Facility Thursday Night, everyone else left this morning, and everyone has arrived safely at their destination. It was a pleasure having everyone this year.

Friday followed tradition with everyone going to the local Garden Center to see Santa, and spend some money. Saturday, we put up and decorated the tree, and put up the outside decor...three lighted 36" wreaths.

In 2014, we purchased this $400.00 tree with remote controlled lighting. Only put it up twice 2014 and 2015, then we started to spend Christmas with my eldest son and his family. Our tree became a 4' high tree in the family room on an end table in place of the table lamp. After my illness last year, I decided that the little tree was insufficient, so this year, after a long absence....

Tannenbaum 11_25_2023.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving! Y'all!

In 2014, we purchased this $400.00 tree with remote controlled lighting. Only put it up twice 2014 and 2015, then we started to spend Christmas with my eldest son and his family. Our tree became a 4' high tree in the family room on an end table in place of the table lamp. After my illness last year, I decided that the little tree was insufficient, so this year, after a long absence....

Tannenbaum 11_25_2023.jpg
Boris, that is a magnificent tree, beautifully decorated and complete with a wonderful tree skirt. I love the Angel on top!

I often tease my wife telling her "I should replace our Angel on top of the tree in the family room with you, but even as vertically challenged as you are sadly, we would not have clearance" :D

Good morning from a lightly covered in white stuff So. Central Wisconsin. 2” on the ground already since 4am when I 1st got up and looked, the ground was still green. No more green but the white is pretty but I have no plans to drive in. Accumulation should stop around noon per the weather app. The musical we have tickets for (we switched dates from Thanksgiving) should have the roads cleared by time we leave at 6:30.

The grandson has a hockey game at 9:30am about 8 miles away. Terry wants to go and I said I am not driving in this stuff. It’s the 1st real snow of the season, therefore I feel no need to play Russian Roulette with the drivers who won’t remember snow is slick no matter the vehicle you drive.

We have a walkway from the house down to the stables that is partially covered in sections but is completely radiant heated. I have to check why it’s not melting, there is not that much snow! I will wait till noon when the snow is supposed to stop. Then decide if I clear the driveway with the snow blower.

There will be some trains run today. I have been in the train room maybe 1 hour a day since last Wednesday and starting to have withdrawal pains. Need to solve that this morning. The train room has no finished ceiling. I like the look of the floor beams painted black exposed. In 2 previous houses and layout areas the ceiling was finished this way and I had very little (really none) dust issues on the layout. This house and layout is a whole another issue, I have dust! Got 2 insane quotes and 1 that I am thinking seriously about. The son and I were texting and he said check the filters in the air handling system because he knows we run a fan 100% of the time. The house is radiant heated. The AC in this house is the typical vent system. The electro static filters are almost as clean as the day they were installed in July. I left a message yesterday for the HVAC contractor to come and check this out. Partially my fault for not checking sooner but I have the check off list for house occupancy and the cooling and air handling system is not even listed!

enjoy your day
Tom- but that’s the best part about the first shovelable snow of the winter in the Dairy State. People who have lived their entire lives in Wisconsin suddenly forget how to drive with the white veil covering the roads.

A good nap cannot be beaten!

I watched the end of the Buffalo @ Philadelphia game, an excellent game!

As I watched football, I set up the CW-80 and Powermax transformers under the Christmas tree in the family room. The CW-80 is powering the Santa's Flyer set. The powermax will soon be lighting up the accessories. I've been so focused on the trains under the tree. I hadn't noticed until yesterday our Angel on top of the tree was not lighting up. I fixed that as well.

It is now halftime of the Ravens @ Chargers game. So, I am watching the Christmas Zephyr and Santa's Flyer make their rounds under the Christmas tree. I have two trains running under the family room Christmas tree! :D After all these years a little oil and smoke fluid and they are off and running! Light up caboose on Santa's Flyer was flickering at first. A few trips around the track took care of that.

I haven't seen Santa's Flyer run in over five years. The little 0-8-0 steam locomotive is running beautifully pulling the two cars and caboose that came with the set. In addition to the three add-on cars for the set. And three other Christmas cars the Partridge in a Pear Tree Wood Sided Reefer, the Frosty the Snowman Wood Sided Reefer, and a Christmas Gondola full of wrapped presents. For a total of nine cars including the caboose. All Lionel Christmas cars.

Thanks to Lionel's Hot Chocolate smoke fluid the family room is filled with the scent of hot chocolate

It's time to shut down my trains and get to bed.

Goodnight, Everybody!

Last edited:
I'm finally watching a competitive NFL game! Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati on CBS. Go Bengals!

Afte the other disappointing games since Thanksgiving Day I was tempted to watch Godzilla vs, Mechagodzilla on Comet
Louis- football weekend went well for me. My youngest nephew plays JV WR/DB for his high school in Frostburg. He was chosen as one of the players to be called up to varsity to dress for the playoff game s. They won their final home game of the year, over Perryville to advance to the Class 1A championship game next weekend in Annapolis against their rivals from Cumberland(coincidentally the school when his girlfriend attends). So basically, they get a 3 hour bus ride to play a team that’s 15 minutes away(only 3 high schools in the whole county). My sister has my dad’s cowbell that he would ring at the football games and band competitions when we were in high school in the 80’s. She said that Dad is looking down on his grandson, as that cowbell has gotten plenty of use this fall. On Saturday, the UW Badgers won against Minnesota to bring Paul Bunyan’s Axe(rivalry trophy) back on the right side of the Mississippi. On Sunday, the Rams beat the Cardinals(rather soundly) to move up in the race to get into the playoffs, moving up to 9th in the NFC(2 weeks ago, they were 11th- and hold the head to head tiebreaker over Seattle(who play Dallas, San Francisco & Philly the next 3 weeks)).

And this is why i'd stay away from electric and hybrids. Too much complications. Being a VW guy (mostly) i like the handling and ease of driving experience, but the more electronics-the more frustrations. Have a 2019 Alltrack stick shift and besides few minor issues (seatbelt buckle going bad) it's been a great car.
This car is a pure ICE (gasoline) car. They're all super electronified™ now-a-days. Lots of cars have this same issue of close matching of battery and ECU and all sorts of other bits and pieces reliant on the ECU. That's one way they try and meet MPG regulations and other needs.

The Apple account doesn't work on anything other than an Apple product, so I wasn't expecting it to work.
It's interesting that Apple feels Microsoft has inferior security, so they won't allow their mail to go there. And Microsoft feels Apple has inferior security, and doesn't want it to work, either. I'm sure it's really about keeping our info secure, and nothing at all to do with $$$....:rolleyes:
Not sure what experience you're refering to but if you have an iCloud email account you can use ANY IMAP client to talk to it and get your email.

Here is the info you need:

I've had no problem sending to MS accounts from my iCloud account. I don't use iCloud for my main account but do use it as a backup and have had no issues mailing to anyone. (I run my own servers and have my own SMTP and IMAP/POP server -- I run it as a small business so provide it to a few customers -- I don't actively push the business but serve existing customers and their referrals).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back