So what are you listening to right NOW?

Right now! Silence, the Bear/Lion game is on mute. I just finished an unsatisfying lunch and I am relaxing for another 20 minutes before I head back to the train room

Silence can be golden

Fairy tale of New York by the Pogues with Kirsty McColl.
In Memory of Shane MacGowan of the Pogues who passed away last week
I reacted to this with a "love". I hope it's clear I love that song not the passing of Shane MacGowan.
One of my favorite Christmas songs!

Not listening to however
410517511_1081946603220992_1367163052296803367_n.jpg

Ozark Mountain Daredevils. From their famous LP "Men From Earth." I've posted this before, but when you listen to it again...well...I did title this thread "right now," which makes a repeat fair game. Just don't overdo it.

Three songs in particular always get to me from this LP: And right now it's "Watermill." Just a moment after the first guitar chord comes a high-to-low piano octave. I will always think of this line as the sound of falling drops of water. And it always brings a tear or two or more to my eyes.

I watch this video, and of course listen to her sing fairly often. Those "reaction" videos you can find on Youtube can be entertaining, and many of those peeps who hear this for the first time...and who know the original track from Rumors...are often seen and heard doing a double-take where this one is concerned.

From MikeGTW's post (in our forum thread "What are you listening to right NOW?") is his #183: https://modelrailroadforums.com/for...tening-to-right-now.34973/page-10#post-572078

You just never know when or where or how you are going to find something really good. This is really good, and I'm not the only one here or at Youtube who thinks so.

Thanks, Mike

Actually I pressed started on an old playlist on the IPod on Monday. The Office playlist which was complied not to offend any of my staff as it has most genders on there all scrambled up. The Beatles and then maybe Sonny and Cher, Bono, Garth or Sinitra. 800 songs but playing now is the Moody Blues, Nights in White satin

Aha. Didn't see this but Billy Joel is what I need too. From the days when the rocks were still soft, when dinosaurs ruled the earth, and when tunnel motors were the latest thing.

Billy Joel's own favorite Billy Joel song:

Back