Running Bear's December 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy again, back with another WTF video...

There is a... are several channels on YouTube dedicated to cleaning carpets.

But not just any carpets... like 3m x 4m rugs that are the victims of sewage overflows and such... And these 20-30 min videos seem boring but it's fascinating to watch the procedure... I'm getting to the point where I can guess which scrubber machine they're about to use, and just when the hose guy is going to show up to help with the scrubbing...

I watched the 1st half as the wife and I re-arranged the bedroom and chased all the dustbunnies from under the furniture. The Ravens should have won by more, but for very sloppy play. :(
Parts of the first half were downright ugly! The Rams should have scored much more.

The Ravens often under perform this season. They should only have one loss, but they let the Colts, and the Steelers take those two games. The Ravens have a great roster. Many of the second-string guys could start on other teams. A team with that much talent should not have to depend on individual effort to save them. The Ravens have been plagued by inconsistency. The fault lies mostly with the offense and their big money quarterback. Too many "three and out". When the offense fails to move the chains and control the ball, therefore the clock the defense suffers.

The Rams dominated the time of possession in the first half. It took a superhuman effort on the part of the Raven's defense to keep the game close.
He said coach says what happens or is said in the locker room stays in the locker room.
There should be no secrets in youth sports!
the Christmas tree is up and I had all of the lights on before lunch yesterday.
Well done, I love it!

How about them Cowboys!
Cowboys 33 - Eagles 13

Earlier in the season when I was watching the Eagles Vs Jets. The Eagles were undefeated going into the game. All the broadcasters were non-stop praising the Eagles. They were talking like a bunch of sycophants! I thought "why not give the Eagles the Super Bowl trophy now? I fell asleep before the Jets defeated the Eagles. I'm sorry I did not record the game; I would have loved to hear them explain how the "magnificent" Eagles could have lost.

I did it again yesterday, I fell asleep before the Cowboys Vs Eagles game even began this time!

"How could the magnificent Eagles be in second place?" 😁

I'm not a Cowboys fan, although I do admire Zak Prescott, their quarterback. He is not only a great player; from what I have read he is a great person.

I would enjoy a rematch of Super Bowl V, Dallas Vs Baltimore. Of course, I would be hoping for the same outcome. 😁

He is a talent but really has not pitched that much in a season in MLB. Supposedly never over 170 innings and still had elbow issues. As an hitter, oh yeah!

Owners of sports teams can never tell us they can’t afford to pay for talent. Funny though it seems that the Dodgers were bidding against themselves because Toronto (the other front running team for him) capped their bid at $480million! But with the lack of true professional sports writers we will never know the facts.
Tom- on Saturday evening, I was SURE that we had lost Shohei to the lone team north of the 49th Parallel, after a conversation with a local ballplayer who happens to be an outfielder with the Jays. He was in the gas station where I work & assured me that Ohtani was in Toronto. Said he was told by a teammate. Maybe this was all part of the subterfuge created by Shohei’s camp to keep his decision shrouded in mystery to get the most money for him & til he revealed his decision via his official Instagram account.

Look what the [B]Iron Horseman[/B] found!

GarryCBQ's Christmas trains!

"Here is our Christmas tree that my wife wanted up early. .... Of course Lionel trains belong under a Christmas tree. I have had these trains for many years. I just added the Central Vermont boxcar." GarryCBQ
1702329518560.png

1702329555280.png

1702329577199.png

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at a chilly 48F (feel like) and very breezy. I increased my morning walk to 2.5 miles. I had plans for taking photos of the project but that was O.B.E. (overtaken by events). Dad's hearing aids weren't working (he can't hear even when they do) so I was chauffer again to the VA. Sometimes I feel I am just a bit character to his life. He never says thank you for anything. OK, I'll quit whining. Thursday is another VA appointment for him. I should get to the photos tomorrow and maybe even run a train.

Troy- The color isn't great, but I like the design. I've watched several of both types of videos.

Alan- Very nice job on the car. I think you are a masochist. :D

TomO- I hope playing becomes fun for your GS again.

Willie- Amazing job on the BH truck. It's much neater than I could have done.

Swal- Very nice job on the kitchen so far.

Chad- That looks like a huge amount of progress.

David- It sounds like quality family time. I missed a lot of the kid's younger years while boating with the Navy. It's the major regret that I have from those years.

Louis- Beautiful tree and trains. A plus is that the kitty is behaving herself. The skunks would attack the train.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good morning all. A large coffee please, Flo.
Will this rain ever stop and we see sunshine again?

Marrying young and those marrying at an older age.

I grew up with my two cousins. They are not much older than me (2 & 4 years older). They both married young whereas I married older. Their children also married young, our children were older before marrying.
Yesterday one of my cousins became a Great Grandmother again; her sixth. Our grandchildren are not yet in their teens.

Well howdy, there internet peeps, and those who married, or thought they might...

Breakfast of coffee and a donut or two today, FLO

It's Troy again...

Another day of watching training videos as I work to dial in my online store and the advertising to it. I'm nearing a break-even level of sales to ad spend (I'm not spending much)

For videos today, I've got Soothing Christmas Jazz on the Youtubez...

I'll go to get my ears lowered later today. My girl had a family emergency last week and bumped me into this week. Her MIL is not doing well, and in the end of life cycle with cancer. So, no problem on my end. I'll just go into my "shaggy" hairstyle. Instead of wearing it straight down, I'll go for a part to keep it out of my eyes.

A friend sent me these yesterday:
DnD.jpg

My old DnD 3.5 books. That was the edition I played the heck out of. Rather I ran the games (DMd for those in the know). I stopped playing about a year before moving to LA... the gaming group kept falling apart.

Then, DnD ver 4 came out. The 4th ed of any game always seems to suck... so they came out with 5th ed pretty fast, but I was already out of the game. I'd given all of my stuff away to the gent who said he'd take over running the games. He hated it. Wanted to be a player. I had given him three or four milk crates full of adventures, Dungeon magazines, etc. I sold off a lot of my valuable stuff, but the mostly 3 or 3.5 stuff I passed on, asking that it not be sold, but passed on to the next group. I (probably naively) hope that that condition is still alive with whoever has the materials now.

My friend had kept these two books and sent them back to me. He's now playing at a local game store and in the 5e space. So I got my 3.5 ed version back. I should probably go hit the used bookstores and see if I can find a 3.5 Players Handbook, just to complete the set.

Ok, more coffee and time to go watch more advertising how-to videos.

Last edited:
Marrying young and those marrying at an older age.

I grew up with my two cousins. They are not much older than me (2 & 4 years older). They both married young whereas I married older. Their children also married young, our children were older before marrying.
Yesterday one of my cousins became a Great Grandmother again; her sixth. Our grandchildren are not yet in their teens.
I come from a conservative background so it came as quite a shock to me, when a female employee of mine came to work one day and told me that she became a grandmother the night before. She was 32 at that time. Some years later, (she still worked there but not for me), she told me that she had become a great grandmother over the weekend; she was 49 by then. I had just had my first grandson about that time and I was 55. I retired 8 years later so I don't know about her next generation, but it is about time for a great great grandchild if history holds true! She would be 65 about now.
I don't judge, but I was always in shock.

Good morning. It's mostly clear and 43.\
I thought I had changed payment methods for Paypal back to my old credit union, but one of the payment methods was "stuck" on the old credit union, and had to be changed back manually. I discovered this when I checked the soon-to-be-former credit union, and found to my dismay there was a payment to them, and an overdraft fee of more than the payment. Now, I'm going to have to take the day off from work, go in and bring cash to get the balance to $0, and close the account in person.

Morning all,

You know you're getting old when your youngest child turns 37. In my case, my eldest and middle child are 37 today as well...

Currently 31° and mostly clear with a high of 51° later.

Speaking sports, the coach of the Chiefs was whining about the "poor" call for being offside. His thoughts are it is an unprofessional ref who doesn't warn you. His guy was clearly offside, but the ref didn't warn them. Call resulted in a touchdown being called back and them losing. Paid millions to be a "professional" and complain they aren't being fair when you and your players should know where the line of scrimmage is.

BBL

Good Morning All. Mostly clear and 38°, mid-60's later on. Once again the wind is 0 mph out of the SE? Warmer at night and cooler in the day for the next week or so. Good fall weather pattern developing for now.

Yesterday was a mixed task day, with household duties in the morning, and having another round with the chainsaw and that pile of trees that I have. That pile is close to the easement road to all of the neighbors homes, so my 82 year old neighbor stopped to talk and gave me a break. Yesterday, I only got about 5 days worth of wood cut; today I will load it up and move it to the woodpile.

The Christmas tree got it's decorations yesterday evening, so it's time to move all of the totes and boxes to a spare bedroom for a few weeks. I'm hoping to get the tiller back from Bubba today so I can do the fall tilling in advance of early spring planting. That's just 6-7 weeks away for me.

I ran some trains yesterday out in the train shed, as well as continuing on the truck painting. At this point, all that's actually left besides touch up is to paint the two kerosene lanterns and one empty box.
IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_1085.JPG
IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

David - I can certainly relate to bringing in the wood and feeding the fire. I have heated my house exclusively with wood for 43 years until recently when I got a couple of electric space heaters to use intermittently. Now instead of starting and restarting a fire every night in fall and late spring, I just use the heaters. Just don't really need heat on days like today is going to be, just overnight.
Tom O - Hope that you had a safe trip. Good luck with the golf tournament.
Other than the fact that not everyone accepts the AMEX card, I never had any problems with them. We always call and notify them when going on an out of area trip, not required but helpful.
Mike - Right now I probably have 8 hours time painting the truck. But I am a perfectionist with that kind of stuff. It's also hard to estimate, since whenever I open a particular color paint, I also do some painting on the stone pillars for the cemetery where appropriate. I am examining photos today to see if there are any additional "fixes" to be made. Despite the time involved, I am really enjoying the experience. My only wish is that at least some of the figures could be in a seated pose to add back in.
Troy - Carpet cleaning video is just too long for me!
Curt - My wife claims that my hearing aids don't work either. I consistently have to point out that they just don't work when she is facing away from me, or when I am next to something else that's making noise, car radio for instance that she turns up loud!
Thanks for the comment on the truck.

NFL - Even though I am no longer as interested in the NFL as I once was, an interesting thing about the playoff picture has emerged. The NFC South! Since the winner of that division will probably have a losing record, currently tied with three teams at 6-7, they still get the #4 seed. Which means the #5 seed (wild card team, currently either the Cowboys or Eagles) with a much better record has to play an away game at the #4 seed's home field. Kind of odd.

Everyone out there have a great day.

Good Morning All. Mostly clear and 38°, mid-60's later on. Once again the wind is 0 mph out of the SE? Warmer at night and cooler in the day for the next week or so. Good fall weather pattern developing for now.

Yesterday was a mixed task day, with household duties in the morning, and having another round with the chainsaw and that pile of trees that I have. That pile is close to the easement road to all of the neighbors homes, so my 82 year old neighbor stopped to talk and gave me a break. Yesterday, I only got about 5 days worth of wood cut; today I will load it up and move it to the woodpile.

The Christmas tree got it's decorations yesterday evening, so it's time to move all of the totes and boxes to a spare bedroom for a few weeks. I'm hoping to get the tiller back from Bubba today so I can do the fall tilling in advance of early spring planting. That's just 6-7 weeks away for me.

I ran some trains yesterday out in the train shed, as well as continuing on the truck painting. At this point, all that's actually left besides touch up is to paint the two kerosene lanterns and one empty box.
View attachment 177967
View attachment 177968View attachment 177969
View attachment 177970
View attachment 177971

David - I can certainly relate to bringing in the wood and feeding the fire. I have heated my house exclusively with wood for 43 years until recently when I got a couple of electric space heaters to use intermittently. Now instead of starting and restarting a fire every night in fall and late spring, I just use the heaters. Just don't really need heat on days like today is going to be, just overnight.
Tom O - Hope that you had a safe trip. Good luck with the golf tournament.
Other than the fact that not everyone accepts the AMEX card, I never had any problems with them. We always call and notify them when going on an out of area trip, not required but helpful.
Mike - Right now I probably have 8 hours time painting the truck. But I am a perfectionist with that kind of stuff. It's also hard to estimate, since whenever I open a particular color paint, I also do some painting on the stone pillars for the cemetery where appropriate. I am examining photos today to see if there are any additional "fixes" to be made. Despite the time involved, I am really enjoying the experience. My only wish is that at least some of the figures could be in a seated pose to add back in.
Troy - Carpet cleaning video is just too long for me!
Curt - My wife claims that my hearing aids don't work either. I consistently have to point out that they just don't work when she is facing away from me, or when I am next to something else that's making noise, car radio for instance that she turns up loud!
Thanks for the comment on the truck.

NFL - Even though I am no longer as interested in the NFL as I once was, an interesting thing about the playoff picture has emerged. The NFC South! Since the winner of that division will probably have a losing record, currently tied with three teams at 6-7, they still get the #4 seed. Which means the #5 seed (wild card team, currently either the Cowboys or Eagles) with a much better record has to play an away game at the #4 seed's home field. Kind of odd.

Everyone out there have a great day.
Funny about American Express is when I was working I carried 3 cards, my own card and 1 from the business and rarely had issues using American Express. I also carried a personal Mastercard debit card. The week we left North Central Wisconsin after retirement and traveled that 1st month I had issues in St. Louis. North Platte and Seattle. That is when I decided I was done with American Express. I could travel the world on business and use it but not everywhere in the US!

TomO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back