Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats very cool!

Before model railroading, I did RC airplanes and helicopters.

Just goes to show you with any hobby, if you have $$$$ almost anything is possible!

Why stop? I stil have a ton of planes and drone stuff (was just getting into drones 10 years ago when a new job put it on hold -- restarted 5 years ago for a month or three but had to move on to something).

I cycle between hobbies but haven't had the room to easily do so. One of those itches I'm scratching in the house, which has been my hobby the last 3 years (including getting ready to build)

Back from work...and i sometimes don't know if this is a dog in cats body.
IMG_20240228_173602523_HDR.jpg

Last vehicle I had a loan on was purchased in 1982. I write checks too. I doubt I'll be buying anymore. But that said, my thoughts were the same when we purchased a new 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. The check engine light lit up on the way home from the dealer and was never extinguished for more than a month or two in the entire 11 years we owned it. It had 65k miles on it when we sent it. The only vehicle out of the approximately 40 that I have owned that received a moniker. Its name was POS.
JEEP=Just Empty Every Pocket.

Good evening. It's partly clear and 76.
I had a class I had to attend today, though the company managed to hash the entire thing up. It was, in a word, terrible. I am seriously concerned, not just about the company I am now working for, but the entire RV industry.

Although it looks like the banking industry may not be far behind. I called my current lienholder this morning, and confirmed they had not received title.
I then called the prior lienholder, and nobody knew nothing. After a very direct and pointed discussion, most of it one-way, they promised to look into it. I told them they'd damned well better do more than look into it.

Good evening. It's partly clear and 76.
I had a class I had to attend today, though the company managed to hash the entire thing up. It was, in a word, terrible. I am seriously concerned, not just about the company I am now working for, but the entire RV industry.

Although it looks like the banking industry may not be far behind. I called my current lienholder this morning, and confirmed they had not received title.
I then called the prior lienholder, and nobody knew nothing. After a very direct and pointed discussion, most of it one-way, they promised to look into it. I told them they'd damned well better do more than look into it.

Tell them you'll be filing theft charges against them if they don't send the title since they were paid for it and no longer have right to the title.

Why stop? I stil have a ton of planes and drone stuff (was just getting into drones 10 years ago when a new job put it on hold -- restarted 5 years ago for a month or three but had to move on to something).

I cycle between hobbies but haven't had the room to easily do so. One of those itches I'm scratching in the house, which has been my hobby the last 3 years (including getting ready to build)
I’ve actually thought about it.

I still kept a couple of favorite planes and a helicopter, you know just in case.

JEEP=Just Empty Every Pocket.
Yup. But some of them are worth it. Just not anything newer than 2006. Jeep brand's next to last place in the reliability ratings is 100% correct as is everything Consumer Reports says about them. Curious as to last place? Well no surprise Rover holds that one.
The 1955 Willys CJ 3B which I purchased in 1972. This is Version 5.1 and probably close to final form for my ownership. My other hobby.
51766475517_8f9a245c7c_b.jpg

51767301446_2eb6a3f4fd_b.jpg

Uncivilized? Perhaps. But it never fails to put a poop eating grin on my face.

Flo,

How late are they serving the turkey dinner?
It's number seven on the dinner menu.
Comes with generous portion of turkey breast, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans and stuffing.
Two dinner rolls and butter slabs.
Add sweet potatoes on the side for 50 cents.
Choice of beverage.
I'd like a large Dr. Pepper and double shot of Southern Comfort. :)
Well Flo, with the exception of the corn and sweet potato, and the addition of cranberries, that's exactly what we had for dinner this evening----

Yup. But some of them are worth it. Just not anything newer than 2006. Jeep brand's next to last place in the reliability ratings is 100% correct as is everything Consumer Reports says about them. Curious as to last place? Well no surprise Rover holds that one.
The 1955 Willys CJ 3B which I purchased in 1972. This is Version 5.1 and probably close to final form for my ownership. My other hobby.

Would like to know more about this savage of beauty. :)

Our son and his fiance have three Jeeps. The old one belongs to her, and is a 1942 GPW. The other old-ish one is a 1996 Wrangler, and his is a 2019 Gladiator. The engine in the Gladiator makes more noise than the 1942...

Grizzled - Can we get a full body photo of that CJ posted. Perhaps with a buxom, bikini clad blond leaning over the hood as is customary in hot rod calendars.

Flo?

You in here?
I'm heading behind the counter.
Getting a piece of pecan pie with cup of milk.
Grab your fuzzy slippers and meet me by the window booth.
I'm hoping you've got the fluorescent curlers in. :)
Don't care if the facial creme is green again.
You always look great.
Yup.
I scoobied a piece of pie for you.
Two straws for the milk.
It's the glass bottle actually........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back