Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIII

Good morning everybody!

Only 64 in Baltimore, but that is pretty warm compared to some places so I am not complaining!

That tells me the Maryland tomatoes will be gone soon, I will miss them.

Only 64 in Baltimore, but that is pretty warm compared to some places so I am not complaining!

Its good sleeping weather Lou! ;) It was mighty hard to get out of bed this morning. I did miss a run session last night. After a week of 12 hour days on concrete, I was suffering from bad back spasms by mid afternoon, so after work, instead of running trains, I took my butt home and hit the Percocet bottle. I'm stiff this morning, but nowhere near last nights condition. I'll take it easy today.
It is raining now, so the lawn wont get touched today, might as well watch some TV (train videos)

Hey Karl!!!

I am sorry to hear about your back.

I suffer from sciatica attacks from time to time and it seems to me its when I get a chill on my back that triggers it. That and they always happen when weather turns cold.

Heating pad is my best medicine, try that f it won't loosen up.

I did not know it was raining, I better get my butt up and do some yard work, maybe the rain will hold off long enough to let me get at least the trim done.

I ate like a pig, God I love steakums and Maryland tomatoes, I have to do something before my blood sugar creeps up on me!

I hope you feel better!

Good morning guy's I might as well chime in had my left hip replaced 4 weeks ago it seams to be getting better but this morning I'm in a lot more pain the normal. I guess it could be because of the rain last night if that matters always heard that weather has an affect on your joints. So anyway time to hit the pain pills and the pop tarts and a second cup of coffee, ya'll have a good day.

Chris,

Hey Chris,

I have not had any joint replacements, but I have been dealing with arthritis since I was a teenager.

I have more trouble with the changing weather, good to bad or bad to good. I am best when the weather has been the same for a day or more, rain or shine.

Keep yourself warm and I hope you feel better.

Morning All,

Getting ready to leave for the train store. Phil just called me and said he is feeling sick (and sounded sick) so I won't see him today. Sounds like he has the crud that is going around down here.

Chris- Hope your hip feels better soon.

Karl- Sorry your back is hurting. I have been there many times. I have found going to the Chiropractor has worked great to prevent back pain and in the past reduced pain and heal time when I had a muscle strain in the lumbar.

Well I will talk to all of you later. Have a good day.

Good morning folks.

It's 36 and sunny right now. That's a bit too early for almost freezing if you ask me. I guess it's suppose to be highs in the 70's next week again. For now were getting a little reminder of what's coming later this year!

I can now chime in with you guys with my own health woes. I have a bulging disk in my back that has caused a ridiculous amount of pain the past month. They are treating it with physical therapy for now. It seems to be working so I shouldn't need surgery. I now have much more empathy for people with back problems!

The good thing about it getting cold is that the clothing store I run is picking up steam. Customers come out of the woodwork when it gets cold and their golf shirts just don't cut it in the office.

Time to head to work. Have a good day everyone!

Good morning. It's 62° with 100% humidity. The high will be 78° with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms.
condmc-1.jpg
with
cond30.jpg

No sign-off post last night. Sorry about that. I was busy fixing the C628. Hitting my head was a bit more than the motor could take and it broke loose from it's mounting. I had to mix some epoxy and secure it back in place and put the drive shafts back in place. Then I moved the heavier locos to the BACK of the display rack. Athearn F units and Atlas FP7's mostly.

No plans for today.

P1012731.jpg

P1012704.jpg

P1012692.jpg

Good morning Jeffery How are you today?

Is that flat car in the last picture a former Penn Central?

Do you have any Chessie equipment?

Chessie is my favorite especially if it is a B&O/Chessie. WM is good too but not C&O. I know they were the big dog of the three (money wise) but I worked at the Baltimore coal piers and Norfolk was our big competition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning Jeffery How are you today?

Is that flat car in the last picture a former Penn Central?

Do you have any Chessie equipment?

Chessie is my favorite especially if it is a B&O/Chessie. WM is good too but not C&O. I know they were the big dog of the three (money wise) but I worked at the Baltimore coal piers and Norfolk was our big competition.

Not a PC flat. No Chessie equipment as such. I do have some B&O and C&O stuff laying around.

Good Morning Y'all.

Lot of early risers out there for a Saturday morning. 66°, and overcast. The NWS is predicting it will rain between 2PM and 4 PM. I do have to cut my lawn before it gets too tall, so I better get out there, eh?

The highlight of the week was the installation of tour new entry door. we are really happy with it. New floors next.:rolleyes:

Jeffrey, Hope your surgery goes well, and congratulations on the new little nephew.

O's magic number is 5. Ravens beat Pittsburgh, and the Devils training camp opens Monday :cool::):).

Once the lawn is finished, I going to chill out over the weekend, Monday, I will start painting the main bath. I'm debating on whether to replace the tub and commode
On one hand they are still functional, otherwise, they are 30 years old.............

Next Wednesday, I go to this Orthopedic Surgeon for an evaluation. I gathered together my 15 month old x-rays of the neck, shoulder, hand and wrist; and radiologist reports of a three year old MRI of my left knee. I imagine this guy will order more blood tests, and x rays of everything, before we get too far into anything. It also gives me the opportunity of evaluating the doc and his practice to determine whether I want to continue. It would not be the first time I "fired" a doctor based on my first impression of him or his employees. After all, selecting a doctor is also a business decision. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The lawn mower awaits my presence. Have a great weekend.

Joe

Morning All,

Karl- Sorry your back is hurting. I have been there many times. I have found going to the Chiropractor has worked great to prevent back pain and in the past reduced pain and heal time when I had a muscle strain in the lumbar.

I've tried chiropractors in the past. So far they have only succeeded reducing the strain on my back by emptying my back pockets!!:rolleyes: Legalised witch doctors is what I call them.

Karl, thanks for the heads up about the rain, I got my yard work done thanks to you!

Jeffery, no Chessie? At least you have some B&O and I look forward to seeing that when it comes up in the picture rotation. So far I have not seen any picture twice so it has to becoming up sooner or later.

Joe, What do you think of Chris Davis' suspension? Big surprise there are amphetamines in baseball, I wonder how many hall of famers would have failed that drug test had they had it back in the 60s and 70s?
The birds have been amazing with the "next man up" our 3 best players are out and we are still spanking the Yankees! Our highest paid starter is relegated to the bullpen in a mop up roll. Like Earl Weaver use to say "you have to have deep depth"

Jeffery, no Chessie? At least you have some B&O and I look forward to seeing that when it comes up in the picture rotation. So far I have not seen any picture twice so it has to becoming up sooner or later.

No surprise that you've not seen one twice yet. I have thousands of photos stored in nearly a dozen Photobucket accounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was sooner rather then later, even before I asked!

I expected later considering you have thousands to choose from.

Jeffery,

I have a Life-Like Chessie C&O boxcar I don't know for sure about condition but I have I paid $5 for it so I would think it would be C-6 or better and I have a Lionel Chessie C&O caboose C-7 both from the 70s, original, no boxes and HO. You could have them if you want them, no charge of course. I won't run C&O in my railroad world.

Back