Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIII

Getting back to the inability to lift your arms above your head. Had the same problem myself a couple of years ago, so went to the Doc. He examined me but couldn't find anything wrong, then he asked me if I was also having difficulty doing the same with my legs.

COFFEE_CREME1.png

Good Morning! Today is Mon 9/15/14.

COFFEE_SIGN.png

Chance of rain with a high of 68. I have nothing planned (so far) for today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

trainwreck.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good warm morning,
It's 2:30 Am here in the foothills yet it's still 75.6 °F - Feels Like 78 °F, no wonder I'm finding it uncomfortable o sleep! There is also a faint odor of smoke besides. from some fire not to far away.

Talk with everyone later.

Good morning. It's 66° with 100% humidity. The high will be 88°. It'll be cloudy with a slight chance of rain.
condmc-1.jpg
with
cond20.jpg

Not feeling good this morning. My nephew got me REALLY worked up yesterday and I got no sleep whatsoever. I've had a headache all night and I've got a throbbing ache on my right side just under the ribs. No plans for today other than getting my dressing changed. Yesterday I reported that my nephew took the coil wire off the truck and pocketed it. He only put it back because my father made him do it. Before I do anything else this morning I'm going to have a look under the hood. If the coil wire ISN'T there he's in real trouble. That would indicate he sneaked over during the night and removed it. That's trespass and theft!

P2030423.jpg

P2020419.jpg

P1230394.jpg

Went out and checked the truck. Didn't raise the hood. Just checked that it would start. It did. Appears the guy is smarter than he acts. I'll be keeping my movements to a minimum. Every step out there and back hurt really bad.

Morning All,

Today I don't have that much to do. I am going to Chiro in a bit, then pick up chlorine for the pool so the grand kids can swim in it. They will probably be staying over Friday night, and weather my loco. Tomorrow is my youngest birthday. He will be 31. Time flies.

Talk to all of you later. Hope everyone has a good day.

Good Morning. 55° and sunny, was in the 40s overnight. According to the calendar, it's still summer until next Sunday. I have to paint the trim around my new entry door. and the new kick plate. Found a suitable outdoor paint in with my "collection" of leftover paints. Mixed it and it's still good. Need to pick up some matching stain for the inside threshold. Have to make a few stops this morning, then yard work this afternoon.

Joe

Hi Louis (and all), we are getting a shot of fresh fall air here, really invigorating! We had a hard frost a couple nights ago and are on the cusp of Indian Summer, going to be sunny and 65-70 all week!!!

lasm

Hey guy's missed ya'll this morning but had a rough night I will not say any more about that, It's cloudy hear all day and not to warm 60s later on in the week. So hope everyone has had a good day I watch a good movie last night it was I guess from the 60s Robert Redford Natalie Woods wow what a looker she was The movie was called This Property is Condemned lot's of good train footage and it was a good movie. Ok guy's ya'll have a good night and I'll be around hear later on.

Chris,

Afternoon everyone.
I just read a joke on another forum and thought I would share it with you. Hope you like it.

Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift for the wife. A guy who purchased his lovely wife a pocket Taser for their anniversary submitted this:

Last weekend I saw something at Larry’s Pistol & Pawn Shop that sparked my interest. The occasion was our 15th anniversary and I was looking for a little something extra for my wife Julie. What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse- sized taser. The effects of the taser were supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse affect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety….??
WAY TOO COOL! Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home.

I loaded two AAA batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I was disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the button and pressed it against a metal surface at the same time; I’d get
the blue arc of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs. AWESOME!!! Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Julie what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave. Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn’t be all that bad with only two triple-A batteries, right?

There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target. I must
admit I thought about zapping Gracie (for a fraction of a second) and thought better of it. She is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did
want some assurance that it would work as advertised. Am I wrong?

So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, and taser in another. The directions said that a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant; a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water. Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries.

All the while I’m looking at this little device measuring about 5″ long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference; pretty cute really and (loaded with two itsy, bitsy triple-A batteries) thinking to myself, ‘no possible
way!’ What happened next is almost beyond description, but I’ll do my best.. .?

I’m sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head cocked to one side as to say, ‘don’t do it dumbass,’ reasoning that a one second burst from such a tiny little ole thing couldn’t hurt all that bad. I decided
to give myself a one second burst just for heck of it. I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and .. . HOLY MOTHER OF GOD . . WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION . . . WHAT THE HELL!!!

I’m pretty sure Jessie Ventura ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal
position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs? The cat was making meowing sounds I had never heard before, clinging to a picture frame hanging above the fireplace, obviously in an attempt to avoid getting slammed by my body flopping all over the living room.

Note: If you ever feel compelled to ‘mug’ yourself with a taser, one note of caution: there is no such thing as a one second burst when you zap yourself! You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor.. A three second burst would be considered conservative?
IT HURT LIKE HELL!!!
A minute or so later (I can’t be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape. My bent reading glasses were on the mantel of the fireplace. The recliner was upside down and about 8 feet or so from where it originally was. My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. I had no control over the drooling. Apparently I pooped on myself, but was too numb to know for sure and my sense of smell was gone. I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head which I
believe came from my hair. I’m still looking for my testicles and I’m offering a significant reward for their safe return!

Evening All,

MOH is at a quilting club meeting tonight so I nuked some left over meat loaf for supper. I weathered my new loco today but not sure I like the way the Belpaire area is so I may redo it. Tomorrow we are going out to supper (extended family) for Brian's birthday.

Chris- Hope you are doing better.

Jeff-
I read your post about the truck and said WOW. You would think a family member would know you. I also think he is lucky your mobility is limited. Good luck on your surgery.

It looks like we are getting close to closing out this part of the coffee shop.

IMG_1498_zps996a98dd.png

IMG_1500_zps5c5c51f9.png

IMG_1499_zps02cf2c09.png

IMG_1497_zps17bfcd02.png

IMG_1496_zpsce99e937.png

Hope everyone has a good night.

Thank's Curt, I'm doing ok now but the last three mornings have been pure hell, anyway like your pictures very cool man. What do when the coffee shop ends you just start over just wondering got to keep up with ya'll.

Chris,

I read from Jeff after starting here that when the pages get to 100 he closes out the old coffee shop and starts the next one, It should be XLIV.

Good afternoon all,
It's another hot one as it really didn't cool down much at all, this morning at 9:30 it was already 73 °F and I doubt it dropped much below 70 °F this morning. It's now 4:26 Pm and 99.3 °F - Feels Like 98 °F, the Hum-i-dity is 20% going for a high of 44% at 11:00 Pm. Winds are out of the North at 5.8 mph. Tonites low is supposed to be 66 °F. Time will tell, I'm sure not holding my breath waiting.

Say Curt, Thanks for the info about Tichy, I knew they have the larger style Brown-Hoist [if I have the name correct?], but way too modern for my time period plus there kits is really tedious to assemble. The earlier smaller version is what I would be looking for but I think I found them on Ebay costing even more than the newer larger size that Bachmann offered and their's if fully operational I believe? But non the less it still isn't early enough for my time period. I have seen some early smaller Steam driven hoists that would be approiate, so I'll just have to keep looking when the mood strikes.

Not much else going on as it just too darn hot for me! Well lawn watering time is coming up shortly and I should make a run to the grocery store and get two more Gallons & a Quart of ice cream.

Have a good evening.

Feels Like 98 °F, the Hum-i-dity is 20%

Feels like 92 here with 85% humidity.

I went out today to see if I could get the vans engine to turn over. I wasn't very surprised when there were no indicator lights on the dash. I raised the hood and saw an empty space where the battery had been. My nephew had pulled the battery out and put it back in my mothers old ski boat, the Myna bird, a sixteen foot 1963 Lone Star Medallion Impress. Big boat with a big motor. 1980 90hp Evinrude, rebuilt of course. Typical. Only those things important to him are worth thinking about.

Had to go to the hospital this morning to give a blood sample then came home to get my dressing changed then got a call from the hospital saying that my blood sample had been fouled up and they needed a new one. So they came out here and drew the new sample. Nice of them. Later I finally got the call I was waiting for. Arrival time at the hospital was set at 0630 tomorrow. 6:30am for you civilians. Notified my sister as she's my ride there and back. Two hours later they called back and said the time had been pushed back to 10.00 or 10am. Again I notified my sister. She was happy. She could sleep in! I asked the nurse that came out to get the blood sample why I was required to have so many blood tests. I'd had a total of six already. Turns out it's because I'm an extreme high risk case. They keep coming back for more I might start charging for it.

Back