Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIII

Good evening. It's cloudy and 67.
An important personal safety tip for anyone wanting me to do them a favor: DON'T ask for my help by standing in front of me and several customers and scream at me like a red-headed stepchild. It won't go well for you.

Good evening. It's cloudy and 67.
An important personal safety tip for anyone wanting me to do them a favor: DON'T ask for my help by standing in front of me and several customers and scream at me like a red-headed stepchild. It won't go well for you.

Oh, you had one of "those" days............Screaming never works. Some people never learn.

Ken, I would have, but Keith rarely turns his ancient flip phone on, and I knew Bill or Ken B would get the email and tell him. ... Um, coaling tower? But you run all diseasels? :confused:
Karl - it's a defunct coaling tower that will be run-down, heavily weathered, and stripped of 90% of its steel attachments [including the loading chutes].

Jeff - That punk nephew of yours likes to live dangerously, eh? It always amazes me what new things he comes up with to make your life miserable!

On the layout front, I got most of my engine terminal tracks ballasted - everything except the roundhouse tracks. I woorked on this until 10:30 Sunday evening, and was totally exhausted at the end of it. Since I had to work today and didn't get home until 7pm, and had to devote my time to family commitments until 8:30, I didn't even bother trying to do any layout work. I'm still a bit sore from yesterday anyways...

No trains tonight! #4 is getting ready to go back to China. He's spending tonight & tomorrow at his Mothers house as she is his ride to the airport Wednesday. He'll be gone until June 2015. Then he graduates, and probably will hang his hat here until he lands a J.O.B.

Speakin of families, the 1st time I met SWMBO's cousin Sherry she was walking around the MIL's pool, in her 1 piece bathing suit,,,,with combat boots on! :rolleyes:

Yes,,,,I couldn't make this up! I'd post a picture if I had one, or better still, if I had one, I shouldn't!!

Good morning everybody!

Hey LASM! great to see you in the coffee shop! I remember they days when the Twins played in their old out door stadium, man they had some low temperatures in spring and fall. I would like to see them play in the American league championship again, against the Orioles and see the birds win, again. Could be a snow series in Minnesota! I am glad to see they play outdoors again and that is a beautiful stadium!
Carew, Oliva, Killebrew and more, those teams could score and pretty good pitching too!

Jeffery you have our thoughts and prayers with you. Let us know how you are as soon as you can. My Nanny use to say "I am too ornery to die" she lived to be 91 I think you and I may fall into that category so we don't have anything to worry about.

Karl, I am glad you did not find that picture! Knowing you I think you would have posted it!

Back