Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIII

Good morning to you all hope everyone slept good, we got some thunder and lighting but no rain last night but there calling for it this weekend 74 right now. Missing my Pop Tart this morning the wife will be fixing some Ham and egg sandwich ok by me, ok hope ya'll have a good day stay safe I'll be around later.

Chris,

Curt, I like Digitrax stuff, but I had nothing but problems with the Zephyr Xtra I got to replace my old Zephyr. I only upgraded because the newer model had more amperage and functions available. After several trios back to Florida for repairs, I finally gave up and traded it for a couple locomotives, after I found a Super Empire Builder set.
So, if you want a Zephyr for the museum layout, try to find a DCS 50, instead of the DCS 51. If you still need the newer version, see if you can determine when it was made, and get the latest version.
I would recommend a DB 150 set like I have, but it is a large step pricewise upward. You may be better off with an MRC Prodigy Advance set.

Good morning folks.

It's a cool October morning here in the upper Midwest. We'll see a high of 56 today!;)

Been busy with work and the remodeling of my home. I have 240 feet of baseboard to stain and varnish before I can install phase three of replacing the woodwork. What a job this has been so far. I've used almost 1000 feet of door and window casing, fourteen six panel doors and 500 feet of baseboard. I still have a third of the house to do next spring! It looks great with all new oak trim and doors, but what a haul!

I started wiring my layout last week. The bus wire is in with about half of the feeders. Last time I had somewhat temporary(read amateur) wiring for dc operation. This time I'm switching to dcc so I figured I had better do it "right". One more day down in the train room and I should be able to try things out. That is, after I read the NCE manual and install a few decoders!

Other than that I don't know much. I hope everyone is doing well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Digitrax stuff.

Bachmann and Digitrax is all I've had. I got the Bachmann system when I bought a Bachmann Digital Commander set. The Digitrax Zephyr I have now was provided by three guys whom I still don't know of to this day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. It's 76° with 96% humidity. The high will be 90° with a slightly better than fair chance of showers and thunderstorms.
condmc-1.jpg
with
cond60.jpg

Feel better today. My headache from yesterday's bonk on the head by a Bachamnn GP7 is gone. Now just waiting on my Home Health nurse to call. Other than that I have no plans.

P1010329.jpg

P1010314.jpg

P1010309.jpg

Bruette .... Glad you like the picture.

Corey ... You sound very busy there in Mankato, but sounds like you are doing well.

I saw in the news it is snowing in Rapid CIty SD. .. Looks like another cold winter in the months ahead. My propane bills are very high.

Regarding DCC systems, I have been using the MRC wireless system, and I am pleased with it.

I'm currently working on installing tiny grab irons on Walthers passenger cars. Drilling the tiny holes is tedious.

Below is a photo I took of 2 of the 6 Blue Angels jets we saw last week in Michigan. Our daughter lives very close to the air base and we watched from her back yard or her driveway. This picture was taken while we were on a boat in Lake St. Clair where we watched the Air Show at Selfridge Air Base. .

The Blue Angels are very impressive !

blueangel_zpsaaec5a81.jpg

Morning All,

This morning I decided it was time to start back on the treadmill since I am not getting the walking in I use to at work. Nothing much planned for today. I believe MOH plans on sewing so I may watch train videos as I putter around the train room.

Terry- It looks like I have had better luck with the Zephyr Xtra. The only issue I have had is when I put a loco address in both the hand throttle and the command station-but that was my fault.

Jeff- I don't think you ever said but I hope the trip to the cardiologist had no surprises for you.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good afternoon everyone, It's another hot day in Coarsegold. Let's check WW, yup 98.4 °F - Feels Like 96 °F, Hum-i-dity of 12% with winds out of the ENE at 6.8 mph. Tonights low is supposed to be 64 °F.

> > >

Say Curt, these are some really great interior shots of the Steamtown Roundhouse. I just noticed that this first shot shows a shorty steel frame flat car like MDC/Roundhouse had available that I have several of. I have two similar black ones I'm going to be putting on E-bay shortly as neither fit my local.

Thanks for posting these great shots.

Evening All,

Had pizza for supper and drinking coffee now. Watched a couple of train videos today, of course they were Pennsy steam videos. I also cleaned the inside of our refrigerator before that. Tomorrow I am going to the train store in Eustis and I will meet Phil there. Later I plan on going to the train club. Sunday unless something comes up I plan on weathering my new H10s loco.

Jeff-
You need to watch your head.

IMG_1222_zps4d335ecf.jpg

IMG_1221_zpsc8ae32fd.jpg

IMG_1220_zps2f68659a.jpg

Hope every one has a good night.

Running Bear, all I can say is, it is a good thing you didn't get conked by one of the metal-shelled F units you have.

Been a long day hip not doing to good as of right now but I have a cure for that ya'll have a good night and will be around later.

Chris,

COFFEE_REFILL.png

Good Morning! Today is Sat 9/13/14.

Mostly cloudy with a high of 65. No plans for today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Back