Number Twelve Coffee Shop is now open

Thanks Steve for the good try;):).

Yeah Mikey, the game was pretty sloppy in the second half...as usual. Certainly not the play that you would expect from a #2 team. If they can ever play the full game like the first two quarters, there is not a team out there that can beat them...definitely not the War Buzzards!:p:D

Just as soon as I get some loose ends cleared up on the layout, I will be looking at a date to host an ARG, sometime when there is not a home game (may have to have it first of December like I've done the past couple of years). Unless you guys want to fight the traffic of 100,000 plus maniac fans.:eek:

The doctors appointment went well today. My prostate gland has shrunk some, something I was happy to hear. After a few simple tests I was released from the clinic and on my way back to Leesville. I had been in and out within an hour! Now I had to go to the hospital in Leesville to have a simple PSA (Prostate-Specific Antigen) test done. It's so simple I should be in and out in no time. I signed in at the admitting desk then waited while they contacted my PCP (Primary Care Provider) for a MedicAid referral (government regulations, gotta love them. NOT!). An hour passes, then two. No it's starting to get late and I'm getting more and more ticked off with each passing minute. Finally I go to the window and inquire as to what the delay is. They say they can't get a referral from my PCP and that I'll have to come back tomorrow. Tomorrow nothing!! I've got grass to cut tomorrow and it won't wait. Besides which, I'm on a very small fixed income and I can't afford the gas to be running back and forth all the time at the hospitals beck and call. They tell me again that they just called and can't get a referral. I saw nobody lift a phone. I called my doctor and had the referral faxed to them inside of two minutes! My doc said no one had called within the last three hours for a referral for me. I have little patience for bureaucratic red tape and I have zero tolerance for a liar! I told them flat out that they need to fire whoever is in charge of getting referrals and get someone in there that will do the job. The PSA test was done in less than 5 minutes. I was pissed!

Darn Jeffrey, that is a pain. My blood drawn for PSA is always done in the Doc's office and sent to their lab. Much better.

Darn Jeffrey, that is a pain. My blood drawn for PSA is always done in the Doc's office and sent to their lab. Much better.

I'll second that! I have a blood draw twice a year and the PSA is done on one of those occasions. I would say in your case bureaucratic red tape wasn't the problem but rather the lab that wasn't doing their job.

I spent part of the day loading and moving 4 pickup loads of cut but not split wood across town (Locust, class 1 heating wood). Got 2 face cords from a railfan buddy of mine. $45 per face cord. Good price even though I will get to have some exercise splitting it...... Woodstove is lit and heating the house right now. It is now that time of year.

10-21-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

Good morning.

It's 52 and clear. The high should be around 80 today and it will be partly cloudy. Good mowing weather. [8D]

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/21/2008

Wind Chill: 52°F
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 49°F

So Far Today
High: 55°F
Low: 52°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 80 Partly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. Highs around 80. East winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 55 Partly cloudy. A slight chance of showers after midnight. Lows in the mid 50s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010058.jpg

Morning all!

Chilly 'round here! I think my scoot riding days are over for this year. It's just too darn cold! I nearly froze to death yesterday morning! I'll be driving the van for now. I'm hoping to get my funding for a nice little Porsche 914 soon though. Good on gas and fun in the corners! We'll see!

Good Morning Folk ! It's rainy and cold it this part of Western New York. Our high has been reached for the day at 45 and our low is gonna be 35 so no chance to sun bathe , Not much else to do . I have to move a box of train equipment up the stairs so it will be a bit of a job. Hope you all have a nice day !!!!!!!!

Good morning everyone. Just thought I'd pop in and see what's up. I have today off, but I have quite a few things on my to do list. One of them is laying road bed, but it is waaaaaay down on the list. The rest of the list involves manual labor of some sorts. Whether it's cleaning my house, or finishing up the yard work at my Grandmother's, it doesn't sound like fun.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Good morning folks

It was a chilly 44 F as I rolled onto the highways this morning. High today will be 62 F.

My daughter’s volleyball team finally broke out of their slump and won a match. They are 5 and 3 for the year with 4 games to go.

I did not get any modeling in last night. Not sure why. I thought I would have time but a lot of little things seemed to take up all my time.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Mornin' everyone!

Just popped in to grab a quick cup of Java. Going to try to get somne wood split before it starts to rain.

See you all later.

Can't understand why that didn't work,,, you click the icon in the centre of the picture and it should play,,, works for me ???

I solved the problem. I layed some road bed before I started cleaning. When I hit a road block, I cleaned. Now I'm off to lay waste to the that beautiful fall blanket known as LEAVES! Thanks for your support in my time of need!:D

Good Morning all and it's time for lunch. Another nice day in T-town but very dry.

Steve: It says that the videos are available only to those in the UK. Something about licencing. No problem, we just won't pay the tax on tea. :D

Corey: That's what I call problem solving at its best. Now, while you are getting the leaves up, you can be planning your next move on the layout.

Afternoon, everyone.

I haven't had a chance to get here since I lost my internet until Sunday and I was too tired to get this far down the page yesterday. :)

Chris, I sure hope your wife is doing better. Those GI problems can be real bears to track down and treat. With all the tests she's having, I hope they come with the cause and some treatment.

Jeffrey, the worst part about what you went through is that there's now some real question whether PSA tests are worth the effort and money. Too many false positives and negatives. There's a new test in use that measures free PSA and I think that will become the standard in a year or two. You'll still have to wait for hours to get anything done but at least the test might provide useful results.

I hope everyone else is doing as well as they can. My brother and SIL are here for a visit and my son and his wife should be here Thursday so I think the layout will take a back seat for a couple of days. Still beautiful weather down here with lows in the high 40's and highs in the 70's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I think about it, my test may be the PSA. Heck, I don't know...that's why I trust my Doctor. Regardless, either test is better than just a finger wave. One of the ARG members had prostrate cancer and it wasn't discovered until he had the test.

Jeffrey, the worst part about what you wnet through is that there's now some real question whether PDA tests are worth the effort and money. Too many false positives and negatives. There's a new test in use that measures free PSA and I think that will become the standard in a year or two. You'll still have to wait for hours to get anything done but at least the test might provide useful results.
Right. The test to check for free PSA is a blood test. That's what I had. The test to determine free PSA.

Back