Number Twelve Coffee Shop is now open

Well howdy-do PaulW! Dang man, I thought the Texas soil had done swallowed you up. Good to see you here again.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
10-23-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png

waitress3.png

Good morning.

It's 53 and very cloudy here. The high today will be around the mid 60's and there's a chance of rain.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/23/2008

Wind Chill: 50°F
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 48°F

So Far Today
High: 61°F
Low: 53°F
Rain: 0.07"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 25mph NNE

Through 6 AM...light showers will be isolated across southeast Texas and southwestern Louisiana as well as the adjacent coastal waters. Additional rainfall amounts will be just a few hundredths of an inch. Brisk northerly winds and dropping temperatures can also be expected across these areas as a cold front continues to move east across the region.

Today High: 65 Mostly cloudy until late afternoon then becoming partly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers in the morning. Cooler. Highs in the mid 60s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 45 Partly cloudy. Cooler. Lows in the mid 40s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q186/forum-1/p1010002-50.jpg

Good Morning ! It's chilly this morning . 39 and I had to turn on the furnace to take the chill out of the air it was 62 inside.had a busy day yesterday . Today I think I'll take it easy. I went with my wife and son and a couple friends to see The "WHO" play at COPPS COLISEUM in Hamliton Ontario ,Canada last night . It was quite a night. those old guys can still sing and play pretty darn good .Jason Starkey the son of Ringo Starr played drums for them and he was a chip off the old block. Overall it waas a good night. Today I have to get going for my Flu shot so I hope you all have a nice day !!!!!

G'morning, everyone!

Chris - glad the docs were able to do something to alleviate your's wife's pain. I don't blame you for being skeptical after all you been thru. We'll keep praying for you both.

Paul - good to see you on ths side of the tracks

Rex - looks like you'll have a great ARG gathering at your depot in early December, you've certainly got the infrastructure for it (HW and SW)! :D

Haven't had much time to post on here lately. Stress at the office, and scratchbuilding parts for my new engine terminal. Just finished building a pair of Snyder fuel cranes.

Good morning folks

It was 37 F as I headed out. Our high today will be 57 F. We are under a Freeze Warning for the overnight. Last chance to get those plants in.

No modeling last night. We had our monthly Cub Scout Pack Meeting.

Tonight I may have a chance. My daughter has an away volleyball game and I only have a couple of things to do around the house this evening.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Mornin' everyone!

Paul B. good to see you over here! Don't be a stranger now. (Flo, I got Pauls bill today as long as he just sticks to coffee.)

Tom they're not even posting the freeze warnings up here anymore this fall. Been in the low 30s or high 20s every night for a week now. Hope you see some modeling time today. I remember back when my life was that busy. Then the family grew up, I retired, and it got even worse I think.........

Mornin' Ken!

Mostly sunny today here in the Finger Lakes (or so they are predicting - cloudy right now) with a high of 50°F. Currently 40°F outside.

I have some wood to split and stack so i best get going... Catch you all later.

:) Hi everyone! :)
Looks like the rain is finally going to come in and followed by some "real" fall temps.

Ray, that is a photo you can treasure and never forget. We have one of our daughter that looks the same only with jelly. That was about 40 years ago:eek:.

Ken, things are looking good for a fun time with the ARG. Why don't you just hop in the car and come down. I'm sure you could make good time...by yourself. :D

Chris, I hope the wifey is still doing better.;)

Steve, what's going on in your world?

Ray Thats Just like feeding time here, but the main culprit is 40 years!!! i keep telling her to take it easy with the cake......

Rex got the Final paperwork sent away this week with the medical reports LOL it's exciting !!! i may have to pay a visit to Ken M quite soon.

Oooooooo, ah, oh man.......... I am not going to be able to move to move by tomorrow! I finished splitting and stacking 2 face cords of wood today. I needed to get it done so I can have my son help me load the splitter into my trailer to be taken out to the RR museum on Saturday. We will be spending the day getting firewood ready for the Depot and the repair building this Winter. The forecast says it is going to be rain all day. Sure hope they are wrong.

Well dinner is on the grill and I don't like burned entrees.... Later!

Good morning.

It's 45 and clear here. That barbed wire fence between here and the north pole has done fell down. The high is expected to be in the mid 70's and it will be sunny.

Well, this morning I went and did it! I turned the heater on for the first time this season, just long enough to take the chill off. I must remember next year to vacuum the dust off the coils before doing that again. What a smell! Yesterday I went over to see what progress is being made on my nieces trailer. They've got half of the sheetrock up so far and are wondering what type of paneling to get. Some of the major appliances are in already, refrigerator (they had to take the entire front door frame out of the wall to get it in), oven/range (electric), microwave (and is it a BIG one). The central AC/heat is in (all electric), electric water heater. There won't be anything in the trailer that uses gas. Guess she took a lesson from me on that one. I don't have any gas appliances either.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/24/2008

Wind Chill: 45°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 43°F

So Far Today
High: 46°F
Low: 44°F
Rain: 0.01"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph NNE

Today High: 75 Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 45 Clear. Lows in the mid 40s. Southeast winds around 5 mph.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010152.jpg

Good morning folks

It was 38 F as I rolled out of the driveway this morning. High today is supposed to be 62 F. They say we will get rain tonight and tomorrow.

This is a busy weekend. We have the last weekend of our Cub Scout Popcorn Show and Sells. I am not sure what we are going to do if it rains on Saturday as the location we are at does not have much protection. Also Saturday we have Cub Scout Fitness Day which is a mini Cub Scout Olympics. Our pack is the defending champions from last year.

Last night I managed to get some time to put away some things off the layout. I also was able to look over the layout and saw a few things I have to fix like knocked over people or a door off a building. If all goes well that is what I will try to care of this weekend and maybe run a train.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Tom!

I know it's afternoon already. This place is empty Flo. Where is everybody?

My son came over this morning and we got his new cover on his boat. Yesterday we drained about 20 gal. of water out of her as the tarp he had thrown over her blew of during the last rain we had. We got this one tied down and I built a stand foe inside the boat to help the water drain off. We also got the log splitter loaded into my trailer to take to the museum tomorrow.

Ah, Jeffrey, that wonderful aroma of burnt dust........... Went through that about 3 weeks ago here.

It was 45°F when I checked this morning, currently 53° with a high of 56°. Actually a very nice crisp Fall day here in the Finger Lakes. Tomorrow the weather is going to be rainy and cool. Great day to work out on the railroad (1/1 scale) splitting wood. I hope they decide to bring the wood under cover somewhere so I can split it and not get soaked. Hypothermia isn't something I like.......

Have a great day all!

Afternoon, everyone.

Been spending time with the relatives so not much time here. Of course, after I told them how nice fall weather is here, we have a day and a half of rain, gloom, and a high of 59. Oh well, we needed the rain, and it should clear up to about a week of nice fall weather for the next week.

Chris, how are things with your wife?

Steve, so you've sent off all the emigration paperwork? Good deal, step 20 of your 2300 step project plan is now complete. :)

Ray, I'd be laid up for a week if I had done all the wood cutting you have. Sounds like you have enough for two winters now, even up there. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just eat like your granddaughter and not worry about making a mess? I'm looking forward to doing that again when I get old and senile. :)

Tom, never look too closely at your layout. I was inspired by Ray and painted some of my yard tracks to give them the proper rusty look. While having my head down there on the tracks, I found about 15 things that had either fallen off, gotten bent, to just didn't look right. It all looked fine if I just stood there with my hands in my pockets and looked down.

Paul, you'd be amazed at just how dumb people are at grade crossings. Don't know if this woman was drunk but we had track that ran alongside a street with road that crossed at a right angle. At least once a week, someone would turn onto the tracks instead of the road next to it. The railroad finally filled in the space with ballast up to the railheads to make it easier for us to get a tow in and get the car off the tracks. Most of the people weren't drunk, they just couldn't seem to tell the difference between a road and railroad tracks. :confused:

Hope everyone else is having as good a day as they can. I'm actually looking forward to seeing some sun again.

Back