Number Twelve Coffee Shop is now open

leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"
I started it and you can put whatever you want on my tab but don't hold your breathe waiting foe me to pay up. I am retired/ well semi retired and I have a new car to pay for so have at it boys.

I went out to dinner with my sister and her family tonight, as with every Friday night. Her husband (my brother-in-law) is home from Iraq for a couple of weeks so he was with us. On the way back home they got a call from their son. His Jeep threw a rod so he needed them to get the truck and pull it home. So that's what they're doing now.

On my way to bed, but thought I would catch a free snack. Sorry Larry...no excuses. They stuck my tab so bad I had to get a loan from Old97. Wait until the morning and the gang arrives. You will think you're feeding the Indy football team.

Good very early morning everyone.

Saw the remodel job and it looks good. Flo is fgoing to need Larry and Rex's money to pay for the new booths. :D

Haven't had much time to get in here today. The wife's 30th high school reunion is tomorrow night and we went out tonight with group of folks who were here close friends in school. Interesting to meet them and see what they've become. Most of them have become very successful. On of the guys was an F-15 jockey who now flys for Delta, another is a civil engineeer, and one her best girlfriends is a CPA. The strange thing is that most of the women got better looking than they were in high school and guys got fatter and have way less hair. Must be something in our male genes that makes less attractive as we age. :)

Fay is just getting her outer rain bands into our area now. It's pretty windy for a tropical storm that's still about 200 miles away. We've had gusts of 39 mph and I think the wind field may be a little more extensive and the winds stronger than weather guys are thinking. Only a few sprinkles now but it looks like we should get a good rain started by dawn. We have flash flood watches out and, from Fay's history, we should get 4 to 8 inches of rain. We can certainly use it and even 8 inches shouldn't give us serious problems since the reservoirs and mainstem rivers are so low. A change of about 50 miles north in Fay's track will give us more like 15 inches and that could be a problem. We should get the worst of it just about the time for the reunion to start. It is, of course, my fault. :mad:

G'morning Flo and everybody. Been awake ~ 30 minutes and couldn't get back to sleep. Larry, nice job on the remodeling - I'll go easy on your tab by only ordering a glass of OJ.

Jeffery your BIL isn't the only one with truck problems. My Durango overheated and started spraying coolant from the bottom of the radiator Friday evening while my wife was driving. She managed to get it to her mom's driveway. I'll be going over later today to attempt to drive it to my mechanic's garage which is only 3 miles away - hope I don't have to pay for towing in addition to a new radiator!:(

Chris, glad you got the rain you were hoping for! And Jim, I hope Fay gives your area just the amount of rain it needs without flooding or interfering with Diana's high school reunion.

Rex, how are the new teeth doing - are you able to talk normal yet?

C U later, hopefully I get get back to sleep before too long...

08-23-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

Morning from Fay battered Florida!

WEATHER
8 AM 77 °F Cloudy Mostly cloudy with showers inland. Still a bit breezy.
2 PM 84 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers Variable clouds with scattered showers, especially north and east.
10 PM 79 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers Mostly cloudy with scattered showers.

Fay is trying to make her way out of here, and leaving a mess in her wake! At this time a very Strong line of T'Storms are fixing to roll through. The weather man said as Fay exits, she will make the atmostphere very unstable. T-Storms will randomly pop up fast and hard! Great, I got yards to mow!

LOCAL NEWS

State puts Fay death toll at seven
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1
How can you blame a storm for peoples error's? If they had stayed HOME they might be alive today:rolleyes:

Fay, Fay, go away...
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...111&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Tornado touches down in Polk County
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=9&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

MyFox Tampa Bay weather webcast
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...551&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1
WATCH THIS! Are Drought is OVER:eek: so greenie will find some reason to say other wise!:mad:

PERSONAL NOTE
"Flo, I'm real Hungry! and being that Larrys pockets are nice and deep. I'll have.........4 over easy Eggs, Double Order of home fries, 20 oz T-bone steak, two butter milk biscuts, large coffee, Large OJ, slice of apple pie ala mode and get Larry some water to put that wallet fire out!;) " Yes, I can really put that much food away!:D

The Drought is over!:D Until some Greenie finds a reason to put up the Warnings...........Fay is still giving us rain here and there, I got's plenty of work today. Rain needs to go bye bye! Hey, we got another storm cooking of the coast of trinadad! hmmmmmmmmmmm.:eek:

Jim Stay home went the storm hits, if you read the stories above. Only people that get hurt are the one who go out in it! find a good project to do at home;) I avoid reunions....I didn't amount to much as expected!LOL's

Ken we got more than enough rain! Looks to be more on the way too:eek:

Rex your to nice, Larry is paying! Get a whole pie and pot of coffee to go!:D :D

Mikey Hi, Mike!:D :D :rolleyes: ;)

Jeffrey I just got done paying the repair dude yesterday! My wife's cars cylinder lock took a crap! Dang, $400 worth of pain! My wallet had a 5 alarm fire! RIP wallet you will be missed! I will never by a fully loaded car ever again no more alarm systems and toys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning.

It's 76 and mostly clear. The high is expected to be in the low 90's and there's a chance of thunderstorms.

Yesterday I completed my project of having two locos run by one decoder. It's quite a success. Last night my brother-in-law had to go out and pick up his son and tow his Jeep back home. It had thrown a rod as he was heading home after having dinner with the family in town. In no way does this mean his mobility is limited. He has four more cars to go through before that happens.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/23/2008

Heat Index: 80°F
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 71°F

So Far Today
High: 77°F
Low: 76°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph N

Today High: 92 Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. North winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 72 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. North winds around 5 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/IMAG0019-1.jpg

Morning all!

The morning should be quiet, but as the cold front approaches the state, scattered thunderstorms will develop. Highs will be in the mid to upper 80's.

3761_G.jpg

Hi 87 F
Lo 71 F

Around here we're just getting ready to head out for a week and a half on the houseboat. We'll tool around Dale Hollow til we find a spot to tie up, then it's nothing but relaxing, jet ski's, and fishing for a good long while. On that note, you won't see me around here after tonight most likely as there's no real internet access down there on the lake. I'll stop in later today though and say hi!

For now, I'm outta here!

11-29-07.png

Good Morning Guys ! just when I was getting used to the old place they go and remo del it . I'll have coffee, OJ and rye toast . I see that Fay is going to help end the draught down in the South. we're have another baeutiful day here on the Niagara Frontier . Not much else going on around here except for a piegrogi festival . Might have to make that one. I see they had a train derailment in Oklamhoma yesterday . They had some fire witht it also. Well have to go watch my little buddy so hope you all have a nice day . Philip have a real nice vacation!

Hi Mikey and good morning to all! Lunch time and I'm ready, Flo what do you have that is soft? shssssst!.

The Bama boys (pups) are very much Golden Retrievers. They have been playing in the rain all morning, jumping in puddles, rolling in the grass, really having a fun time. (We gave them a bath last night:rolleyes: )

Ken, the teeth are doing just fine. The speech....well, still working on that. My jaws are tired from trying to form words and my tongue is totally confused trying to find things. I don't know how many times that I have bitten my cheek while trying to eat.:D

Chris: B----, B----, B----! :D

Philip: Hope you have a grand and relaxing vacation.;)

Jim: You shouldn't play with the weather and then you wouldn't get blamed. While T-town will get a good amount of rain for a few days, it looks like the turn back will give us that extra bucket full. BTW:They say we men get "Distinguished" with age.:rolleyes:

Jeff: were the locos pretty well matched before you put in the common decoder? EDIT: Oops! I just read my answer on the WPF. Well, at least I am paying attention...some :D

Paul: Hope you have a wonderful day.

Big portion of Black pudding for me with two fried egg's fried bread, beans, sausage, and a big cup of tea please Larry

? Black Pudding? ahhhhhhhh? What?????????????????????

Rex, B______,B_____,B______. is really all I'm good for;-)

Afternoon, everyone.

Ken, that's too bad about the radiator. I hope it's just a blown hose or something cheap. Those Durango radiators are about the size of a double bed!

Chris, I know Florida is really sick of Fay at this point but it is nice, in the long run, to get all the rain. Believe me, if I had a choice, I'd stay home. Unfortunately, Dianna is bound and determined to go and it's only about three minutes from the house so I'll hope for the best.

Phillip, sounds like you'll have a nice day on the lake. This is one of those times it's nice to be living in Upstate.

Paul, I talked to my brother in Cleveland today and he said it was sunny and 88. I told him we don't have to worry about sun or heat down here for a few days. :)

Rex, I bit the heck out of my cheeks the first month I had dentures so get used to it. :( It was kind of weird to have to learn how to talk again. Looks like everyone south of Birmingham is getting their share of rain from Fay.

It finally started raining here about 6 am after the wind had been blowing all night. The rain hasn't been all that bad so far, only up to .55 inches, but that should change later tonight and tomorrow. We've been getting steady winds of 35 mph with gusts to 46 mph and the barometer is falling like a rock. All this and Fay is still about 200 miles away from us. As Ray alluded to, the current forecast track has Fay chugging along at about 8 mph all the way to the New Orleans area by late Monday then taking a right, going up through Louisiana and Mississippi, then taking another right and hitting Alabama again Wednesday or Thursday. :eek: Fay is the storm that just won't die. It looks like she will finally lose tropical storm status Tuesday, which will make her the longest-lived tropical storm to never achieve hurricane status. Watching the trees get whipped around outside my window, I'm glad she never did get any stronger.

? Black Pudding? ahhhhhhhh? What?????????????????????
Also known as Blood pudding or Blood sausage. It's made by cooking blood with a filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled. Pig or cattle blood is used most often. Typical fillers include meat, fat, suet, bread, sweet potato, barley and oatmeal.

You asked.

There's rain coming down here. Glad I got the mowing done this morning.

Evening everyone

WEATHER

wet, weT, wET, WET!:eek: Man the atmostphere is real unstable, we got's a T Storm worst than any thing Fay had! On and off T-Storm's today should slack of tomarrow!

LOCAL NEWS

Not much to report, for a change!

PERSONAL NOTE

Going to the in-laws for a visit:rolleyes: and return their car! As soon as this T-Storm blows through we leave! We got are yards done in time before the rain hit thank God........

Jim Hope Fay pays you a visit she gave us plenty of rain. You see the new storm brewing? oh My!:rolleyes: .....Hope you drive safe, and enjoy the party!

Mikey Hi.....Mike Hows it going:D

Rex My Black Lab/Chow mix is Hydrophobic! If We use the B-A-T-H word in the house a 85 lb dog goes missing :D Bathing him is a chore:( :rolleyes:

Ah....... So this is the new place. You know Flo maybe you could just pay off the health inspectors.... no, no I didn't really mean that, shhhh.

Oh, Evenin' Everybody!

I spent most of the day riding on LV RS3 211 down at the museum. I got the job of assistant fireman..... Whatever that is. I know what the fireman was but....... Anyway I got to make sure everyone was safe riding on that end of the loco, help them on and off and count heads to see how many were riding each trip. Had a lot of little kids 3 or 4 years old. Parents were very good watching them and being safe. Small children can ride with their parents in the cab but not outside in the walkways. I think I will sleep well tonight and hope I wake up in time to make it there on time tomorrow morning.

Ken old #211 had a leaky radiator today as well. Nothing serious but hopefully she will make it through tomorrow with no problems. She may have been just heating up and blowing off some excess........ I have decided that I really do like the Lehigh Valley paint from way back then.

Flo, cup of decafe and a nice butterscotch sundae please. I think I have earned it today!

Also known as Blood pudding or Blood sausage. It's made by cooking blood with a filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled. Pig or cattle blood is used most often. Typical fillers include meat, fat, suet, bread, sweet potato, barley and oatmeal.

You asked.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Ewwwwwwwww! Basicly american hot dog's UK's cousin!

Ray, I think assistant fireman is left over from the feather bedding. I had an uncle who started with the N&W as an assistant fireman before being promoted to fireman then engineer. He said he spent most of his two years as an assistant doing the fireman's job while the fireman sat and watched him. :) He made sure he did the same thing when he was promoted.

I had black pudding once when I was in the UK, not knowing what it was. It was pretty revolting, especially after my host told me what it was. Everyone in the pub had a good laugh at my expense. :D

Back