Coffee Shop XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. It's 49° and cloudy. The high should be 63° with a good chance of thunderstorms.

There's an 80% chance of thunderstorms today. I hope we get more than the miserable 0.03" that we got yesterday. That was barely enough to get my parents back patio wet and settle the dust. Today I have to see if the parts house can match up the part on the steering arm for the tractor. I also have the other half of the grocery shopping to do today. Must remember to pick up some DVD-R's. Two 10 packs would do. But what I want most today is to hear rain on the roof.

P1011341-1.jpg

Good morning folks.

It's going to be sunny and 60 today! Normally that would be a little cool for this time of year, but it's the best we've seen in a while. No rain or clouds! I'm hoping to wash and wax my car today. It will stay nice and clean for a least one day.:)

I started to turn the corner into the Mankato section of the layout. I still need to figure out what to do for a backdrop. I've decided to start the scenery around the buildings while I hem and haw about what to do. Otherwise the building will come to a halt. There is already a backdrop behind the city of blue sky board so no construction will be needed later, only paint or a picture.

Have a good day everyone.

As far as Bin Laden, glad they got em! The burial at sea was done because NOBODY wanted his carcass buried on thier land! Not the Saudi's, not the Afghani's, nobody. Why? Cuz nobody wanted a shrine to the idiot to be errected on thier land.
So now he's fishfood! Yippee!:D

Next! :eek:

I'm surprised we haven't seen Greenpeace protesting about the dumping of toxic waste into the sea.

Good morning. It's 45° and sunny. The high will be 74° and it will be sunny and pleasant.

Have to go down to my parents place today and put the tractor back together so it will be ready the next time I need it. I'm the only one who uses it anymore. My father uses the little Yardman (MTD) as it's more comfortable for him. Other than that there's nothing on my schedule today.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1011356-1.jpg

It's supposed to reach 102º here today. It's that time of year (till November).

I'm going to do some wiring today, and add a bit more track to my lower yard, if it's not too hot in the train room. Real work first, though.

Bin Laden's Afterlife Surprise

After getting nailed by a Daisy Cutter, Osama made his way to the pearly gates. There, he is greeted by George Washington.

"How dare you attack the nation I helped conceive!" yells Mr. Washington, slapping Osama in the face. Patrick Henry comes up from behind: "You wanted to end the Americans' liberty, so they gave you death!" Henry punches Osama on the nose. James Madison comes up next, and says, "This is why I allowed the Federal government to provide for the common defense!" He drops a large weight on Osama's knee.

Osama is subject to similar beatings from John Randolph of Roanoke, James Monroe and 65 other 18th-century American revolutionaries. As he writhes on the ground, Thomas Jefferson picks him up to hurl him back toward the gate where he is to be judged.

As Osama awaits his journey to his final very hot destination, he screams, "This is not what I was promised!"

An angel replies: "I told you there would be 72 Virginians waiting for you. What did you think I said?"

Glad to hear everyone is doing well! The weather has been pretty scary down South. One of my friends was doing some work in Collegedale TN when a tornado hit there. He was in his 5th wheel when he heard it coming. He ran for his truck and just as he started driving he felt it lift off the ground. It flipped several times. He said he put his head on the steering wheel and just prayed. When it came to a stop, he was standing on the drive'rs side window. Fortunately he was unhurt. Destroyed his 5th wheel and truck, though. He is feeling very blessed. As he helped his neighbors search for victims, they found 3 fatalities. A 12 y/o boy, 16 y/o girl and an elderly woman. My heart goes out to all those folks whose lives have been changed forever in just a few short moments.

I got the control arm end on and put the control arm back on the tractor and lined up the front wheels. Doing the alignment was harder than putting the dang rod back on as I only needed three hands for that though I did quite nicely with two. Now I'll just get some rest as I think about dirtying up a boxcar or two.

Good afternoon. It's partly cloudy and 59 today. We had some weathrr last nihht, but nothing like we (and more so to the South of us) had the last go-'round.
Business continues to suck, every time it starts to pick up a little bit the price of gas jumps another 10+ cents a gallon and things fall flat again. We're all waiting for the layoffs to begin.
If any of y'all need your RVs fixed, come see me...

Good afternoon everyone.

Sandy, holy cow! Blessed indeed.

We are on day two of normal temps. It's suppose to be sunny and 65 today. My super clean car shall remain that way for at least one more day. Tonight and for the foreseeable future we get rain. At least it's going to be seventy and raining.:rolleyes:

I'm hoping to continue scenery around the Hubbard Mill tonight. It's so nice to see it come into focus instead of just sitting there, waiting for me to make a decision.:) I'm also starting to run into areas that were previously worked on and not up to the standard of the rest of the layout. It's nothing that a few more layers of ground foam and brush can't fix.

The backdrop decision still alludes me. I know I would like to buy one from backdrop warehouse, but the funding isn't there. I guess I'll just drag my feet for a little while longer. My wife has a second interview for a new job on Friday. If she gets it I will have over $800 more a month to figure into the budget! That means I can stop being poor!:D

Time to get back to work.

Have a great day.

Good afternoon everyone.

Sandy, holy cow! Blessed indeed.

We are on day two of normal temps. It's suppose to be sunny and 65 today. My super clean car shall remain that way for at least one more day. Tonight and for the foreseeable future we get rain. At least it's going to be seventy and raining.:rolleyes:

I'm hoping to continue scenery around the Hubbard Mill tonight. It's so nice to see it come into focus instead of just sitting there, waiting for me to make a decision.:) I'm also starting to run into areas that were previously worked on and not up to the standard of the rest of the layout. It's nothing that a few more layers of ground foam and brush can't fix.

The backdrop decision still alludes me. I know I would like to buy one from backdrop warehouse, but the funding isn't there. I guess I'll just drag my feet for a little while longer. My wife has a second interview for a new job on Friday. If she gets it I will have over $800 more a month to figure into the budget! That means I can stop being poor!:D

Time to get back to work.

Have a great day.

I'm a real estate broker in one of the most distressed markets in the nation right now. Income is something relatively unfamiliar to me, and has been for most of the last 3 years. Thank goodness for the stipend I get from Social Security each month. Living hand-to-mouth is a relatively new concept for me, and I still chuckle at the thoughts that (according to our mortgage-holder) we make too much money to get a loan modification.

Still, life is good, and despite it all, I have much to be thankful for. That includes figuring out the wiring problem I had that was creating a short on the layout. Amazing what a few well-placed gaps can do.

Hope you're all having a great day. I plan on spending most of mine sitting in front of a fan.

We had a men's clothing store that didn't work out three years ago. I didn't pay myself for three years and then had to declare bankruptcy. We lost the house and around 100 grand to boot. After that I had one good year of two good incomes. Then my Wife's company folded and she was unemployed for a year. After a year of looking for a good job she took one for ten dollars an hour. I know exactly what you're talking about when it comes to a lack of income. We've more or less lived on one income and change since 2005. Not that I've had to go without very much though. My Mother loves me and gives me money for trains!:D

I know exactly what you're talking about when it comes to a lack of income. We've more or less lived on one income and change since 2005.
I know what low income is about. I've been without any income other than my SSI since about 2005. Getting by on less than $700 a month isn't easy but I do. Factors in my favor are no car payment, no rent, minimal utilities and being single. After paying the bills, getting groceries and gas, I usually have a little left over but not much, usually about $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back