Coffee Shop XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy birthday Corey. You're only 17 years behind me.

Got the yard mowed. Also got the bed linen washed. I think I'll rest for the rest of the day.

Happy Birthday Cory! I just had my birthday a few days ago on the 29th.

I had my first week of training last week. Nothing too exciting, sitting in a classroom for 8 hrs a day on some restaurant chair reading through some books is all we did. I'll be heading back down tonight for another week of the same thing.:rolleyes: Can't wait for the following week where we will actually do something in the yard.

I've got some homework to finish up on before Monday, hope to be around next week.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. I'm looking forward to going out for prime rib tonight!

Kyle, I'm sure this has nothing to do with you, but maybe you know the answer. The DM&E trains have only been moving about five to ten miles an hour past our townhouse in Eagle Lake. Usually they're moving twenty to twenty five miles an hour. As you know, it's been raining a lot around here. Any guesses why they're moving so slow? Is there something wrong with the track or roadbed? Just wondering if you had any insight.

Happy Birthday, Corey. You must be a youngster if you're still keeping track of such things. On my next b'day, I'm going to be 69. I don't want to be 69!!:mad: I'd rather go straight to 70 and just be done with it. Better yet, I'll just recycle 68 for another year. I barely used it.

Prime rib sounds wonderful; I'm jealous! I do have some tasty leftovers calling my name, but they sure aren't from the tasty part of the cow. Have a great b'day celebration.

I shouldn't have any problems with low blood sugar tonight. My father and I went to Burger King for dinner. He got his usual. Double Whopper with cheese and fries. I got my usual. Steakhouse XT, no tomato. I wanted onion rings with it but they were out so I sett;ed for fries instead. Dr Pepper with a shot of Sprite. Just took my night diabetes neds, getting ready for the insulin injection now.

Stereo is cranked up next door. They were out working hard in my parents yard today so maybe they'll crash early for a change. And if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump it's butt!

05/02/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
Diner.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

:eek:

Good morning. It's 72° and cloudy. The high will be 82° and the weather guesser says there's a 50% or better chance of thunder storms today. I'll believe it when I see it.

Today I have to take the broken tie rod end off the Peerless tractor so the parts house can ID it properly. It is after all sixteen years old and the company that made it has been out of business for years. It may be easier to take the entire tie rod off and replace it completely. Other projects will be handled as they come up. My nephew and his live-in girl friend were worn out from all the yard work yesterday so I actually got a good nights sleep.

According to the news, it was a SEAL team that got that SOB! Good for them! God Bless the military! Maybe this will put a burr under the terrorist's turbans that if you hurt us, no matter how long it will take, we will get our Justice! I love how the Military has "buried" that SOB at sea. If he's not facing Mecca, he can't get into heaven and get his 72 virgins. Too bad, so sad.

Haven't felt well myself past few days. Its getting close to treatment time, and I always feel rotten, and can barely get out of bed when that happens. It seems worse I guess because of all the tornadoes from last week. Tracking down missing relatives has been a real chore.

I just saw a show on Discovery about tornadoes. Half of the information in that show was so misleading that it borders on being dangerous. It called Nov-Dec tornadoes as "extremely" rare. WTF, that's what's known around here as the second tornado season. That's when we have some of our worse tornadoes! Some correspondant on CNBC also has a lot of us, hopping mad! She said there were almost no warning of the tornadoes that day at all, and that's why the lost of life was so extreme. What BS!

You all know that I was taking about the possibility of storms being real bad that day just the day before. The SPC at Norman had us outlined for a PDS, and even the weatherless channel had us up for a 10 out of 10 on their new tor-con level.

Never mind that that morning, 3 of the 4 TV stations here in town, were in long form coverage for bad weather from about 0430 to 1130 that night. The NWS radio I have was going off about every 5 minutes the entire day. The warnings went out, and they were probably heeded, but when the finger of GOD touches you in the form of an EF-5, unless you're in a concrete bunker or underground, no amount of warning can save you. So far there have been 3 tornadoes in this state alone that got that rating! That's unheard of!

Err sorry, rant over.

Last edited by a moderator:
CJ that is the problem with most TV reporters, they do not verify their info or read into it their own interpretation when they are not meteorologists and understand nothing about the weather. I could go on about our weather guessers here in Central IN. We have four main channels and we get four different predictions daily.

Had the police scanner on last night for about an hour; near dead silence....amazing how "good" the bad guys can get with a curfew in effect and hundreds of police and war experienced Nat'l Guard soldiers patrolling the streets.

Your right Carey about the inaccuracies as we were warned the day before and all day Wednesday. You also have to include B'hms TV stations as well for inaccuracies. Next time (God forbid) they cover a disaster, they need to have someone with them that knows where they are, what they are looking at, and even simple things like the total population. Please, keep Pam Huff and Linda Mays home! Heck, the Weather Channel was on the scene and had it right from the beginning and reported on all the areas, not just the small Rosedale area.
Rant over!

I have read that the tornado was a rare sideways funnel (not to be confused with multiple vortex funnel). The vortex is so powerful that it spawns off short-lived, small horizontal (sideways) tornadoes on the front and sides. You can actually see this happening in some of the videos. It is almost always the most powerful of tornadoes that can have this rare phenomena. To add, the final statistics of all this will take awhile. From what I have seen and read, the tornado destruction widened as it went through the city, from around 1/2 mile wide to nearly a mile. My Hobby Lobby, in a shopping center, only has its walls and some roof frame.

Found out yesterday that one of my neighbors lost his Grandmother and nephew, along with his business he just opened a few weeks ago. You just can't go far without finding someone that was directly affected by this disaster. We have a friend over in the Alberta area that is still missing and her house is destroyed. Hopefully, she is with family and just hasn't checked in. The Mayor announced today that the death toll is now 40 with finding another body in a field. While the number of missing is still around 400, keep in mind that even though the death toll is expected to go up, many of these are just people that haven't made contact....(and probably several are illegals, since a part of Alberta has become a Barrio). Oh, and don't forget: there were many Alabama small towns and communities that lost there entire downtown areas and complete neighborhoods...all this from different tornadoes.

Charlie Sheen (sober) came in to see at ground level and to solicit help from other parts of the US. Well...........guess that was better than Jean Penn in New Orleans riding around in a boat with HIS camera crew.:rolleyes:

I know that this post is depressing and perhaps I shouldn't do it again. It is difficult to get it off my mind right now and I guess, like Carey, I am a bit frustrated with the inaccurate reporting that is flooding the TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to pull the right tie rod off the tractor and discovered it doesn't have a tie rod as such. It has two independent control arms that are attached to the rack. That made my job a bit easier as I only had to take one bolt out to drop the arm which is about two feet long. In total I had to take two bolts out. There was the one with the ball on the wheel assembly where the arm end attaches. It's worn out all right. I could push the ball into the rod end easily.

Carey, Rex, thank the good Lord you are both ok. As far as TV announcers and such, I'd believe the NWS and the weather channel before I'd trust our local TV heads. Idiots all. Must be the radiation from all the tanning booths!;)

As far as Bin Laden, glad they got em! The burial at sea was done because NOBODY wanted his carcass buried on thier land! Not the Saudi's, not the Afghani's, nobody. Why? Cuz nobody wanted a shrine to the idiot to be errected on thier land.
So now he's fishfood! Yippee!:D

Next! :eek:

Burying the man at see was just as immoral to his faith as rapping him up in pig skins and burying him face down on foreign soil! I just wish his death was slower and more painful though.... I would have knee capped him then after he rolled around in pain fer a while shot him to let him bleed to death slowly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back