Coffee Shop Twenty is now open fer business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeffrey, I hope the meal was enough to take your mind off the foot for a while. I understand a stiff shot of brandy and a loratab will make almost anything feel better. :eek:
The Lortab I could go for, but I'd have to pass on the brandy. My blood sugar would be orbiting the dog star!

WOW!!! Barry is the only one to post on this Black Friday since 4AM. Heeeellllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Sorry bout that Larry! Been a litle bizzy! Wife got up at 3:30 am, went shopping, I slept. Got up about 10, wife got home. I went to our clubs modular display, she slept. Got home about 2, wifey woke up, got me to shlep a bunch of junk outta the basement, only to replace it with stuff from the spare bedroom.
So much for what I wanted to do this afternoon!
Anyhoo, got a new project. Trying to find pickups and pots for a 20+ year old Ibanez Lazer. Its a dead on knock off of a Strat, and I'm trying to freshen it up with a whole new paint scheme. The pickups work, they are just showing thier ages. That and it needs a new pick guard. Strat parts will work, but they are so $$$$$$. Lookin got a cheap alternative for an axe that will see little play. It's not like I'm gonna make a living with this thing!

Howdy, y'all.

Looks like both Rex and I were a little off in our Bama vs Auburn prediction. Bama barely beat Auburn 26-20, after Auburn ran two straight touchdowns in the first quarter. Bama gave Auburn an opening with a little mor ethan minute to go in game but Auburn couldn't get the ball in the end zone. We are going to have to be a lot more fired up to beat Florida next week. Prattville is playing now and up only 7-3 in the third quarter so I hope they can pull it off and have a shot at the championship.

I stayed away form the stores today except for a short stop at Home Depot during the Bama half-time. The store was deserted. :) Picked up some more extensions cord and a time to complete the outside Christmas decorations. Luckily, Dianna has been busy and hasn't bugged me about getting the Christmas tree up. That comes tomorrow. :D

Karl, what's a Ibanez Lazer? It sounds complicated. :confused:

Jeffrey, I hope you foot is doing better, even without the stiff shot of brandy.

Nothing else exciting hapenning here today. Just a sunny, cool day. Feels like fall finally.

No BFridaying for me!

Hi all,
Hope everyone had a good Thanks Giving?

I didn't even attempt to go out anywhere, started the morning off planning a trip with a buddy to the Great Train Expo which is being held 143 miles away and trying to find the shortest route to take. Well as it worked out my buddy had to cancel the last minute as his wife had something she wanted him to help her with so I guess I'll just pass for now too.

I really want to get some more work done on the C&S West Shortline anyway as I've been putting it off for too long now and tomorrows a good day to start. Actually I already have but more thinking about solving a couple of minor problems.

Another MR friend told me he found a really great on-board sound system that is almost as good as DCC for straight HO and offers many of the advantages so that something I'd also like to look into as I don't see the need or the advantage of DCC on my layout anyway.

Seems that lately it always rather late for me to post, oh, I should say eaarly for the next day! LoL

Good Morning---

Got a bunch of seminar things to do today so here I be getting up'n getting ready to do this ---:D

Our weather be getting a little more sunnier than it usually is---yay!:eek::):) The high today will be 5C while tonights low will be 2C. Tomorrow--back to some dribble stuff:(

Got an email from LHS about an order just came in----should see what that was:confused: I thought I got everything:confused:

Anyhoooo-you all have a good day!!:):):)

Good Morning after a whole day of Black Friday Shopping, we went from 5am to 1pm......so now I'm Back online! We got us a new Gateway laptop, on black friday. Also got a new BlueRay player and surround sound set up for $125.00. Then we Got our son for Christmas a Old school 6.5hp MiniBike. I rode it around the block some to make sure it works good.(Yes, I really wanted to play with it:D) It goes easy 30 up hill with 180# on it.....So it should haul but with ryan it on it. Well I gots to go and get my chores done be back soon!:)

Karl, what's a Ibanez Lazer? It sounds complicated. :confused:

Jim......sorry to confuse you,,,,,I keep forgetting how old you are!!!:rolleyes:
An Ibanez Lazer is an electric guitar. (Yes, it's one of them rock-n-roll inventions)
It's hobby #3 :D

Jim......sorry to confuse you,,,,,I keep forgetting how old you are!!!:rolleyes:
An Ibanez Lazer is an electric guitar. (Yes, it's one of them rock-n-roll inventions)
It's hobby #3 :D

They had rock=n=roll in jims day:) It was known as a mountain avalanch Electric wasn't invented yet:D!

Well Good Morning to all,

Say Flo, I'll have some coffee, three eggs, hash browns, some German sausage & Rye toast with Peanut Butter & Jelly if you have any PB and a big glass of Orange juice.

Thanks!

It's pretty cool being about 48* here in the foothills of Central Calif. a nice area to live in and rich with old history of Railroading, Logging and Gold Minning.

Say Karl, I too wasn't sure what you were talking about either, not everybody is familiar with musical instraments ya know.

>>

It's been a while since I've been on the forum /Coffee Shop and I notice some of the prior members don't seem to be around anymore. I guess others come and go too, glad to see some of the familiar faces such as Rex, Jim, Jeffery & Larry and others.

Hope everyone has a good day!

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone! David, glad you are coming back.
As Jim said, Bama had a tough one yesterday and I was totally stressed out when it was over (there were a few times that the dogs even ran out of the house from my...uh...excitement:rolleyes::D). This is not unusual for this rivalry, as this has happened many times throughout the many years. There have been many times that one of these teams would be high ranked only to have the other knock him off. For this game, all records are put aside and it is a down and out brawl. Hats off to the Auburn team (yuk, it hurts to say that) for one heck of a game. It was obvious that Auburn Coach Chisik was trying to do what Utah did to us last year and come in fast and furious and let Bama try to catch up. (almost worked:eek:)
Maybe we were just saving ourselves for Florida;maybe too much Turkey; maybe we felt sorry for them; maybe we.......:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi gang,

David long time no see - good to have you back at Flo's!

Hey Karl, did you get to the VFD this weekend?

I had an excellent Thanksgiving meal, avoided overeating, and have a good supply of whitemeat for turkey sandwiches; life is good. Black Friday was not much of an event for me, I avoided all those "midnite sale" stores like the plague. The only shopping we did was to take my 14yr-old daughter to pick out a guitar which will be her main present this year. Other than that, I got some mundane tasks out of the way - such as taking a load of junk from the attic to he County landfill, getting an oil change on the Durango and replacing two of its tires - while the rest of the population was at Walmart, Target and the other big-name dept stores.

I finally broke thru the "inertia threshold" on my layout rebuild project. Now that I got all the junk cleared out of the attic, I can temporarily store my trains and layout paraphernalia in there while I knock out the wall shelves. My goal is to make at least an hour's worth of progress on this task each day [2 hours on Saturdays and Sundays]. "Slow n' steady wins the race" yada, yada,...

Say Ken & Rex,

It's good to be back as I dearly love Model Railroading and all it has to offer and sure enjoy the forum. I sure appreciate both of your warm welcomes too. I hope Flo understands the small tip, needed train supplies you know. LoL

Ken, the only question I have as far as your storage problem goes is how about all that unused space at the Steel Mill? Surely there has to be a nearly vaccant shed some place? LoL

Yea, moving things around to accomodate the layout can get challenging as that's part of what I'm up against too to expand my layout with limited storage space also.

Ken, glad you enjoyed the game, sorry for the outcome as I gathered it didn't turn out as you would have liked?

Enjoy and be cautious!

Now, wait a minute, you guys, I saw Jimi Hendrix and the Who live at the Monterrey Pop Festival, in 1967. Most of you were still in diapers. :) I do know something about rock and roll, I just never heard of that Ibanez thingamajigger before. :D

David, good to see you again. Some folks do come in and out but there's a hardcore group that just can't get enough of Flo's coffee. ;) That sounds sytem is probably the Atlas Commander, also sold by Walthers under their name. It's on sale now at $50 at Walthers and, if you want one, snap it up, since they are about to be discontinued.

Chris, glad to hear you found a deal on a computer and are back on line. Now don't wreck this one. :eek:

Ken, I find that difficult or unpleasant taks are handled best just the way you propose to do it. Taking it a bite at a time is much easier than looking at the whole thing and just deciding it's time for a nap. :)

Rex, the Bama game was a real nail biter. Either Auburn has a much better team than they have been given credit for or Bama was on cruise control for next week. It's kind of silly to go all out for that game when, except for the most bitter rivalry known to man, the game didn't mean anything. I'm just glad everyone looks to be healthy for the SEC championship game. Prattville also won a close one, with Auburn ahead most of the game. A pick with a minute to go saved us from defeat. Both teams are going have to play a lot better next week to bring home a championship.

Lots of clouds around today but no organized weather systems yet. The high was still 65, which is way better than Thanksgiving weekend in Cleveland.

Hey Karl, did you get to the VFD this weekend?

Yeah, I got there Friday about 11, put the autos out, installed the skirts I forgot last week, and solderd a wire back to an IC socket that controls the lights on my bliky lights on the cop car.
Then I found out my automated crossing lights were not working...:mad:... I'll fool with them next Sunday.

Hello!!! Is anyone here???
Good Grief---talk about cobweb ridden--
Is there any coffee around here?!?!?!

Sheesh.

Where'd everyone go?:eek::eek::eek:

Good Morning--

Gonna see some sun then it'll be back to more rainin' kinda evenin'

Got the London ON trainshow today--and I'll be at the office doin' paperwork---yay:cool: ---gonna go down the block to the show and see whazzup---maybe snarfle a deal or two---or three--or :eek::eek:--over my break---

Try to get a little more lively in here--OK? Looks like nappy time in here---:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good morning folks.

I've had a busy week with the family, Holidays and work. Between the two families, we had something going on every night of the week. We were quite excited to have last night to ourselves. Day one of putting up our Christmas decorations is complete. Today we are going out to cut down our own tree. We've had a blast doing that every other year, this year should be no exception.

Business at the store is off by a ton this year for this weekend. Holy crap, if the season continues this way, we may be hurting. Actually, until we looked at what we did last year, we were okay with what we had sold. Isn't it funny what a year of bad news can do to your expectations? Somehow I don't think dear old dad is getting a suit for Christmas this year. He'll settle for gas in the car and food on the table.

On another note, my father in law gave me his Lionel train set from 1953! It's in a box in rusted pieces, but I'm hoping I can make it work. I have a lighted, G scale train for under one tree in the house. I'm hoping to get this one running for under the other tree. I think he was going to throw it away, but decided to let me have a crack at it. We'll see what I can come up with.

I'm off to church and then of to pretend to be Paul Bunyan! Have a great day everyone.:)

Good morning. It's 56 and cloudy. The high will be around 70 and there's a chance of rain.

My right ankle has been giving me terrible discomfort for over a week now. The foot doc say it's probably just the Charcot acting up again but I'm not so sure. I have to go see him tomorrow morning and I'm going to request a new series of X-rays be done. We have to be sure about what's going on in there. No progress to report on the layout front. The pain has just been too great. It didn't stop me from repairing the low pressure power steering line on my car though. Getting the jack and all into position was interesting to say the least. That was the hardest part. The break in the power steering line was where rubber meets steel so it was an easy thing to simply cut the large flared end off the steel line and slide the rubber line over the steel line and clamp it in place with two hose clamps. How long will it hold? Who knows. I should be able to get a replacement from a scrap yard but that will have to wait until I can walk more than a few dozen feet. What's on the schedule for today? Most likely watching some old movies.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/PB290230.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back