Coffee Shop Twenty is now open fer business

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very Happy Thanksgiving from Ye Olde London Towne.

Jeffery: get those chills checked out quick. Not a good sign as others have said.

Jim: sad about both of your colleagues. It does seem that the case is cursed. That said its common that people who work too close together tend to share health issues. I once worked next to a group of gents that practically lived in each other's pockets. Day, night, you name it. All 5 of them passed away within 18 months of each other and all from various but related heart ailments.

As for me, I've about had enough of the firm I've been with for the past 6 1/2 years. I won't go into the gory details but the past 6 months has been utter hell. Its time to move on, so January is going to be a new beginning. Bit brown trousers time but with a bigger company that has a concept of employee relations it has to be an improvement. The biggest upside is that I'll be working from my home office at least half the time. That will mean an extra 5 or 6 hours a week of free time where I'm not commuting. I may actually get some modelling done.

Take care all and enjoy that turkey & pumpkin pie.

Happy Thanksgiving! They're gonna have to roll me home!

PB260227.jpg

hello from my sons nintendo dsi. thank god ryan is a gamer. typing on the dsi is a little faster and easier than the wii. hopefully we will run across a new cpu/tower on black friday. my wife and my annv. was this past 24th...we have been married for 14 years.

she got me some new shirts for the busness with our logo and stuff on them. well got to go.....having turkey day at the inlaws......lol.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!:):):)

Good Morning---

Happy Birthday!! Ray!:D:D:D:D

When finished with the thanksgiving day feast--you can rest your stomach on the edge of the table--:D:D:D:D

I've got some runnin' 'roun' to do -----CULTR---:):):)

Good morning folks.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Jim, I'm sorry to hear of your friends passing. It is certainly starting to sound like the case was cursed.:eek:

I'm killing time, waiting to continue cooking the rest of the food. I've been cooking a Turducken since Midnight last night. It takes at least twelve hours to cook, so I've been up quite a few times to check on it. Turducken is hands down the best Turkey I've ever had. Well, I guess it's duck and chicken as well.:)

My family should start showing up in a couple of hours, I guess I had better start getting ready.

Have a great day everyone!:)

Happy Thanxgiving everybody, may you enjoy a great feast without indegestion!:D

Jim, sorry to hear you lost yet another friend. 55 is way too early to die, I've seen it happen to a few friends of mine. I sometimes wonder of the "double nickle" year itself is cursed - seems like all the guys I've known who die in middle age were 55.

Chris - congrats to you and the missus on your 14th anniversary!

Jeff - Hang in there. Have you injected this same antibiotic before and NOT had those symptoms? My wife (an M.D.) says your explanation sounds reasonable, as long as it always happens with refrigerated antibiotics. But if this is the first time you had these chills and you've taken the same medicine before, that's a red flag.

We're hosting the Thanxgiving dinner this year, so at least I don't need to drive anywhere. I'll see if I can get some more stuff cleared out of the train room today. I made quite a bit of progress yesterday: Got the blast furnace pieces boxed up and moved the ore boat back onto the mantlepiece where it sat for 3 years before I finished the current layout. There are some large structures that cannot be dissassembled or put into boxes - I need to figure out some place outside the garage to store them, without their being an eyesore to the rest of my family.

Happy Turkey day!To all you turks and turkettes
Just got back from visiting my folks, now its off to her family for the rest of the day. Thank goodness I have plenty of extra holes left in my belt!!!:D

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone has special plans for the day. We are heading over to Dad's place around 2:00. It is always good to get together with family.

Jim...I am sorry to hear that another of your friends has passed away. 55 is much too young. Stay off that knee for the rest of the day!!

Jeffrey...Feel better. I am sorry that these past few days have been so rotten for you.

Corey...Never tried Turducken, but I've heard that it is pretty good. Enjoy!

Chris...Happy Anniversary! Sounds like just the perfect gift!

I hope the rest of you have a fabulous Thanksgiving!!

Sandy

Jeff - Hang in there. Have you injected this same antibiotic before and NOT had those symptoms? My wife (an M.D.) says your explanation sounds reasonable, as long as it always happens with refrigerated antibiotics. But if this is the first time you had these chills and you've taken the same medicine before, that's a red flag.
It always happens. It's just worse in cold weather.

Happy Thanksgiving to All!

I hope everyone throws the diets out the window and enjoys the day's feast.

Jim, I am very sorry about your friends. To lose a friend is something that we just don't think about until it happens and then slaps us in the face when it does.

Chris: CONGRATS on the Anniversary!

Hi Trussrod! Glad you stopped by. I'll get an email to you soon. Sorry for the delay:eek: .

Corey: Sounds like a great feast; I always wanted to try Turducken. ENJOY!

Andy: Good luck with new job. The work-at-home part sounds inviting...but hey, it means work not play. LOL:D

Jeffrey: Hope you are feeling better for this special day.;):)

Sandy: Say hi to the family...from BAMA country!

CUL

Well we had the Fowl of the day YUCK!!! smashed taters and gravey, sweet tater casserole, corn, green beans, stuffing and home made hot rolls. I had less than one half of a thigh and that is enough bird to last me for the next two years. My grandkids seem to get more energy every time I see them. They have been running and chasing each other for the last 3 hours. They have totally wore me out and all I have done is sit in the chair and watch. Well back to the feetsball game as my grand mother used to say who lived in Selma.

Last edited:
ugh,,,,,,,,,,,jest got back home...............big turkey dinner..................triptophan.............like.........kryptonite...........cant fight it............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:rolleyes:

burrpppppppppppppppppp.....i ate tto much.....cant move...vision getting blurry....hearing failing...hair falling out......too much..burpppppppp......food....

Jeffrey: Hope you are feeling better for this special day.;):)
Foot and ankle are hurting like h*$$ but nothing I can't deal with.

Just got back from my sister's place. We had an excellent Thanksgiving meal. The cable out here went out early this afternoon and was down for over four hours. In fact it had come back on here about an hour ago.

--------- and, geeee, just think.

Soon people getting up to wait in line at various stores at 4 am for open!!!:D:D:D:D:D

I'm sure there will be lotsa energetic people doing this after heavy meals----

and we had Venison here-----BOOOOOORRRPPP!!!!:eek::eek::D:D:eek::D

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

Karl, I understand how you feel. We had way too much foor for six of us.

Happy Birthday, Ray! Two things to celebrate today.

Larry, the best part of turkey is turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce the day after. Yumm. :)

Chris, I'm glad you able to get to the coffee shop long enogh to tell use you were dying. Congratuations to your wife for putting up with you for 14 years. :D

Corey, we had a turducken two years ag. It was good but the price was a bit steep this year.

Andy, I hope the new job works out for you, especially being able to work from home part of the time. Just the time saved commuting should be a big plus.

Jeffrey, I hope the meal was enough to take your mind off the foot for a while. I understand a stiff shot of brandy and a loratab will make almost anything feel better. :eek:

Sandy, I hope you had fun with the family. At least you had no blizzards to contend with...for now.

Barry, I did the Black Friday thing once...just once. I'll never get caught up in that kind of madhouse again to save a few bucks.

Thanks for all the condolences...again. :( I hope this is the last one for a while. There does seem to be something toxic about that case and how it affected the people who worked it. Not just those that have died but broken marriages, ruined careers, alcoholism...almost no one came out of it unscathed. We all knew when we got the badge that we'd see bad things but I don't think any of use were prepared for a case that intense and that awful.

Rex, tomorrow is the big day. I'm calling the game as Bama 45, Auburn 10. We'll see how close I come. Should be great football weather, sunny and temperautes in the 50's.

Jim, that score sounds good and should be that way, but I'm not sure we can put that many points up...or will. I am going for Bama 27--Auburn 10. DANG! I am really getting excited about it...GOTS THE FEVER BAD! :D :D

TURKEY BUZZARD TODAY......AUBURN BUZZARD TOMORROW!

ROLL TIDE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back