Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

BreakfastMenu.png
waitress1.png

Good Morning Bill ! Windy here on the Niagara Frontier . Bringing in colder weather but that is about it. Not much in the way of precipitation. Their getting the outdoor skating ring ready at the stadium for the big National Hockey League game to be played there on New Year's Day . Yeah and its' gonna compete against Bowl games for television time. Fol I'm gonna have some coffee and take the wife to work so I hope everyone has a nice day !!

Good morning coffee crew,

It's a soggy Saturday morning here in central Maryland. I suppose that's in harmony with the mood of UofMD alumni after the Terps' showing against Oregon State. But that's OK Rex, I've become immune to the effects of my favorite teams losing, after sitting thru the Ravens' catastrophic season!

The Alabama relatives departed yesterday, so things are quiet here once again. Might even have time for some modeling! Current projects are: Finish painting/decaling my fleet of cement hoppers; install the 'flooring' of my new slag pit; and practice actually operating some trains. (I seem to do better at adding structures and rolling stock to the layout, than actually operating it! :rolleyes: )

What up all?

Just hangin' out here. Sometimes I hate getting up early most mornings. It makes it hard to sleep in once in a while!

My wifes aunt is coming over today with some Christmas presents for the kids. That'll be fun! Funny thing.....kids seem to like Christmas presents? Strange, huh?

Just kind of a cold, cloudy day on tap for today.

Today: mainly cloudy, cooler - high: 36
Tonight: partial clearing, cool - low: 29

Good day to do a whole lot of nothing!

So what's up with you?

Afternoon,
Rex
Ken, who acts as the interpreter when your Alabama relatives are there?
Do ya'll have trouble understanding the east coast accent ;) maybe you could take lessons in it :p only kidding ;)

just spent my christmas allowance on oil tankers

Mornin' everyone!

I have a house to clean this morning, so I'll just grab a cup of coffee and be off. My son and his family are coming over tonight for a Standing Rib Roast Feast in honor of the end of the year. They are going to be very busy New Years as several old school friends are back in town so this was the only day we could be together.

See you all later!

Morning, everyone. It's partly cloudy and a little cool here at 55 degrees. Al the rain was over by yesterday afternoon and the heavier storms went south of us. Looks like it will be a repeat situation today. We got .20 inches of rain, which now only leaves us 23 inches below normal. The Terps, Browns, Indians, and the Tide may not be winners but Alabama is about set a record for the driest year in history.

Paul, I used to play hockey on the creeks when they froze in Cleveland. Between the tree limbs sticking out of the ice,the rocks stuck in the surface, and the 10 degree temperates, I have no idea why I thought that was fun. :)

Ken, those Beavers can be a tough bunch. There were several time that they upset Cal and Stanford. Time to get those yard tracks working now, Ken. You can do it, it's just a bit of detective work and then attacking them with hand tools. :)

Phillip, sounds like grand weather up there. I wish I had an aunt who was bringing me some presents. :(

Rex, you've got a good point. I have to depend on Dianna to tell me half of what's being said by the neighbors or her relatives. I'm starting to get a little better at it but a lot of it is still like a foreign language to me. I just don't understand how people who already talk slow (to my ear) insist on adding extra words to stretch things out ever further. I had to explain to my daughter yesterday why the phrase "You ain't gone done did that yet?" is not only incorrect English, it takes twice as long to say as "You haven't done that yet?". :D

Steve, I remember a few British accents being tough to understand also. There were a lot of times when I was visiting over there that my standard response was "Huh?". ;) What kind of tankers did you get?

Ray, I should clean the house today but I'm going to try to find a way to weasel out of it. I think I feel a cold coming on. Can I come to your house for dinner? I think we are having mystery meat surprise.:eek:

Fred's, a discount chain down here, is having a sale on Rubbermaid boxes with dividers that look like they would be perfect for storing extra freight cars for $4 each so I'm going to have to check that out. I also need to dig up the paperwork to get my second Social Security application done. They want a copy of my marriage certificate to my late wife. I'm pretty sure I have it here somewhere but I can picture myself digging through drawers today.

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446 12/29/2007

Wind Chill: 43°F
Humidity: 67%
Dew Point: 36°F

So Far Today
High: 46°F
Low: 38°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph NNE

Today High: 55 Considerable high cloudiness. Highs in the mid 50s. Northeast winds around 10 mph in the morning becoming light and variable.

Tonight Low: 38 Considerable high cloudiness. Lows in the upper 30s. Light and variable winds.

Josh Thats not FLO,,, thats her forty year old Mom,,, :)
Jim even i struggle with some of the accents here,,, say's he with the broadest lancashire accent in lancashire,,,
BTW The tankers are mostly petroleum and heavy oil

Ray, ... Can I come to your house for dinner? I think we are having mystery meat surprise.:eek:

Love to have you. Dinner's at 6:00. Hope you like it rare!

I also need to dig up the paperwork to get my second Social Security application done. They want a copy of my marriage certificate to my late wife. I'm pretty sure I have it here somewhere but I can picture myself digging through drawers today.

I just did that yesterday. Yep, thanks to you cluing me in I also qualify for the survivors SSI. Finally got through to the local office yesterday afternoon and spoke with a clerk. Gave her my Late wife's SS number and she asked a few more questions and then said, yes you will be able to get the survivors Social Security and then made an appointment for a few weeks from now for me. The bad news.... It isn't retroactive but it will start as of this month once I file for it because I called when I did. The good news is she said it will not affect the amount I will get when I file for my Social Security next year or later. She will do the math and see what would serve me best when I meet with her. She then listed several documents I have to come up with to prove that I am who I am, That my wife was who she was, and that we were married. I had all the other paperwork but said, "you expect me to come up with my marriage license that we had in 1966????" So she said to contact either the town office where the paperwork was filled or the Church we were married in. Said the church would be cheaper...... So I called the church. Secretary said, "What???? Yes we probably still have our copy of the license...... somewhere. Call the County. So I called the County Clerk. We don't have those things here! Call the Town you filed in! So, I tried the City of Canandaigua. Nope! Then called the Town of Hopewell where I lived at the time. She made me come in and prove who I was (I can't give out that information over the phone......). So I got in my truck, and drove 12 miles to the town hall for Hopewell. Spent 15 minutes talking about how much we both thought of my Father who she knew quite well. Then she looked for the record. Nope it wasn't filed there. So she asked a pile of questions about where we went to get the license. She managed to jog my old memory and we finally figured it was at the Town clerks office in the Town of Canandaigua back when it was in the Clerks home about half a mile from where we lived in the Town of Hopewell. So, she calls the present clerk, calls in a favor owed to her, and found out that they indeed did have the document. So back in my truck, drive to the other side of the county and manage to get the document in my grubby hands 5 minutes before the office closed for the week.... It also cost me a check for $10. I would have paid with pictures of dead presidents, but I only had one of Abe and three of George..

Hope your search is easier than mine!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well tonight my Granddaughter brought over her parents to have dinner with me. The Standing Rib Roast was perfectly done. With tossed salad, Mashed Potatoes, and Winter Squash as the sides, all washed down with some fine local Finger Lakes Wine. Actually it was just a good excuse to have one of my favorite meals (3 of us polished off over 3/4 of a 5 lb. Standing Rib Roast) and play with Olivia , My Granddaughter.

She gets cuter by the day!

OliviaAfterChristmas071w.png

She is going to be a musician like her Grandfather. Here she is playing her Leap Frog Piano that Santa brought her for Christmas:

OliviaAfterChristmas077w.png

I think she has her Mom's smile:

OliviaAfterChristmas0710w.png

Ray I can almost taste the roast from here,,, i'm drooling,, it's our turn tonight for the family get together, lost count how many are coming, it's over twenty though, great pics

JoshFlo's a pert 20

Morning All!

So what does this fine day bring for you all?

For me it brings a day of rest! It brings the possibility of some long overdue layout time! It also brings peace.....the kind that allows one to truly rest.

It also brings weather a lot like yesterdays.....at least to start out. Highs today will be a degree or 2 warmer than yesterday in spite of the snow shower chances. Snow showers are falling with the heaviest pockets to the west of the metro area. Some isolated areas could see some accumulation if this persists long enough. Guess I'll just sit here and watch out the window to see what happens......or maybe I'll just close the blinds and work on the layout! Who cares about the weather, huh?

So, I guess that brings me back to where I started.......what does this fine day bring for you all?

Good Morning Guys ! Looks like another dreary day here in Buffalo . Not much going on just getting ready for New Year's Eve celebration at our house . Ray loos like you had lots of fun with your granddaughter and her parents. She is a cutey . I just love left over rib roast .Jim I can remember playing on our nearby frozen creek and falling through thin ice and havin to go home and explain to my parents why I was so soaked when I wasn't su[[ose to be plaing on the creek to begin with. the old strap came out and boy what a lickin . But it was well worth the pain Lol . Well gotta go get some of Flo's good old coffee .Go Bills. have a nice day all !!

Steve you gotta hear someone from up Boston Way . I went one time and thought a "Card" was a "Cod" you figure that one out !

Back