Coffee Shop Part VIII

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Afternoon everybody!

Just popin' in to say hi. Got all kinds of stuff that has to get done today and unfortunately none of it has to do with model railroading......:(

RexHea

RAIL BENDER
Hi everyone! 21 days without a smoke...still ain't easy even though the Chantix seems to take care of the nicotine part :D .

Still in a dither about my Mom and what to do about where she will live when she leaves the hospital. The Doctors have found closing blood vessels going to her brain and said that she cannot safely live by herself anymore and needs close care. Now, all I have to do is get her talked into going to assisted living or the nursing home. Maybe when she goes to Rehab for 21 days she will see that it isn't bad and I won't have to take the legal route (I sure don't want that on my mind).

IronBeltKen

Lazy Daydreamer
'Afternoon gents,

Here in the Balto-Wash region it's above the freezing mark, but otherwise drizzly and dreary. Sure beats what they have forecast for tomorrow though: 30's with high winds (22mph+), yuk!

Rumour has it that I may be going to Alabama for a week next summer - my wife and her sister have tentatively set something up for the respective families. So, watch out you ARGonauts - I'm a comin' to your town! :D

Paul - congrats on your 35 year anniversary! So few couples ever make that far these days, sad commentary on our modern culture.

Jim - I have State Farm insurance too. They have a reputation for being pricey, but I've been with them for 30 years and have gotten just about every type of discount they can offer to someone of my age and gender. Every time I've requested quotes from Geico, Allstate and others, they always say they can't beat what I'm currently paying in premiums. And they took pretty good care of me after my recent wreck.

Rex, congrats on the 21 smoke-free days! :cool:

Just picked up a pair of Athearn's new PS2-2600 covered hoppers that I had pre-ordered from my LHS back in November. Man they're sweet! Exquisite detailing (well it better be for that price LOL), I'm gonna have these two in the foreground whenever I do any photo scenes of my soon-to-be-built cement plant.

Secondhandmodeler

All new now!
Good afternoon folks. I am being reminded of what a blizzard is. Take a little snow and add 40-50 MPH WINDS! My wife was on her way home from half way across the state of Minnesota. She got twenty miles and turned around. She decided to go back to her mother's house. If you've ever been in southern Minnesota, you know what it's like having 40mph winds blowing snow across the fields and over the interstate. There isn't much of a wind block in these parts of the state. I didn't want to become reacquainted with my insurance agent like some of you guys have. Let's just say I'm happy she isn't risking her life to get home. It's not worth it.

I hope everyone has a great day. Two more days and I'm out of work, yeah!

Sandy

Wanna hear what got me cranked up last night?

My boy plays on a local basketball team. He mostly warms the bench but occasionally he gets some game time. Not last night though! Last night he was a starter on the "A" team! He played most of the game and it was a close one. In overtime he managed to draw a foul from the other team which got his team the ball back and they went on to score the winning goal! As some of you know, my son has muscular dystrophy. It's not too bad now, but it will get worse. For him to be able to be such a part of his team last night was, I'm sure, a moment he'll not soon forget! He felt bigger then the biggest kid on that court last night, who by the way, was the kid he was gaurding! Here's my boy with the ball (Not the best pic, but it works for me!). The big bald kid was the one he was guarding.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/MyBoy1-25-08.jpg

Philip,
What an awesome photo! The kid he was guarding looks enormous! :eek:
I have been perusing the forum and checking out some of the work that y'all do with your hobby. I NEVER thought I would enjoy looking at model trains, but I am simply amazed at the detail and work that must go into these layouts. I used to think that I was a detail person...but not anymore! I just read a thread in which someone (maybe John) made these incredible street lamps. Truly amazing!
Well...school starts tonight and I just don't feel ready for it. Just 18 months to finish my degree. Seems like forever, but I suppose at the end of a year and a half it will seem as though it passed very quickly and I will be DONE! YEA!
It is s'posed to snow tonight. It has been very windy here the past couple of days, so I reckon something is blowin' in. The mountains are getting buried. Skiing should be pretty fun the next couple of weeks.

Stay warm!
Sandy

Bill Tidler Jr.

Retired NS Signal Construction Gang Signalman
01-30-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

:eek:

Buffet.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

BreakfastMenu.png
waitress1.png

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.