Coffee Shop Part VIII

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"
Boy these remodeling jobs are getting expensive so this time we will just keep the same decor for Shop VII. I think the girls were just getting used to the most recent redo and I do not want them to get peeved at us. They are doing such an excellent job I think this is the best for all.

IronBeltKen

Lazy Daydreamer
I vote for keeping the decor unchanged, looks good enough already! Here's a link to the last page of Coffee Shop VII so folks can see where we left off:
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6616&page=100

Carey, sorry to hear about FIL's passing. Condolences to your wife and other next-of-kin.

Phillip, great lyrics! Do you listen to country music? If so then you've probably heard my own personal favorite that addresses that theme, When I Get Where I'm Goin' by Brad Paisley.

UP2CSX

Fleeing from Al
Carey, my sympathy to you and your wife on her father's death. Being a short illness was a blessing, at least. Drive safely and I hope the rain doesn't get too bad in Mobile.

Phillip, very nice song.

A very gray and depressing day here in normally sunny Dixie. I had some fun decorating my little town for Christmas with lights strung across the streets and in the big pine trees outside the courthouse. The problem is I've got so many lights strung around I knock down one string every time I go to adjust a vehicle on Main Street. It's things like this that remind me why I don't want to string real wires on my telegraph ples. :)

Steve B

Firefighter
Morning folks
just been to the dentist, had dreadfull toothache all weekend, he drilled a hole in today to let the goo out, that hurt.
Carey sorry to hear your sad news, prayers with your familly sir

tompm

Good morning folks

It is 41 F and raining here in the Delaware Valley. It is supposed to rain all day and the high will be around 54 F.

We continued with the Christmas decorating. The outside of the house is about 95% done. I still have some stars to hang from the tree. On our shopping excursion yesterday we visited my wife’s favorite clothing store which is next Mitchell’s Hobbies. I walked around the store giving some hints for Christmas.

Unfortunately I got no modeling done at all. I thought I would have a chance but it just never materialized.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Bill Tidler Jr.

Retired NS Signal Construction Gang Signalman
11-26-2007

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Mornin' Everyone!

I'm off to school to set up sound. It's the Holiday Concert Season!

Glad the place hasn't changed much other than the sign over the door. I was wondering why Flo pushed me out the door early yesterday.

OldGettysk

Running the MC & Buffalo
Good Morning Folls !! Another dreary day here on the Niagara Frontier . Carey my deepest sympathies to you and your family . Hope that the Lord will give you the peace & courage these next few days and beyond. Went to see Trans Siberian Orchestra last night at our local Arena. the last time I saw them about 5 years ago it was in a much smaller venue . this time the show was much bigger . What a light show they had going on. Along with their mixe of Classical Music played Like Pink Floyd it is quite a show. Gotta go get a cup of coffee si hoe you all have a nice day !!!

Steve B

Firefighter
Dreary here as well Paul, damp, cold and drizzley,,, oh yeah foggy to, glad i'm inside buying tankers of ebay

leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"
The weather here in Central Indiana is cold and dark and dreary. I moved my computer to another room as the puter room is getting new carpet in the very near future. Cat pee and my nose just do not get along. I would shoot the cat but I don't own a gun and besides sleeping on top of my table saw does not sound to appealing. The old carpet was a real gagging experience when I took it out to the dumpster and the pad was as bad if not worse. After all the nails and staples are removed it will get sealed with Zinzer Bin a white shellac based product that has worked well in two other rooms we replaced the carpet for the same reason. The cat does not even think about peeing on the new carpets cause she can't smell the peeing territories she had claimed.
I have started the Christmas project for the grandkids. A Thomas the train table for Colton and a baby doll cradle for Alissa. I found a mat for the train table at Toys R Us yesterday so I now know that the table needs to be 32" X 48". Well better go work on the staple pulling so I can seal the floor.

Last edited:

UP2CSX

Fleeing from Al
Steve, sorry to hear about the toothache. I hate those too but at least the denist got it taken care of.

Larry, I would have used the table saw on the cat. :( Our cat learned real fast to use his litter box. A squirt bottle works wonders for cat discipline.

Sounds like a deary day just about everywhere. It's cloudy here but the low was 55 at midnight and the temperature as risen for the rest of the day until it's at 68 now. We had 1.10 inches of rain so I won't complain about the clouds - at least my lawn doesn't feel like walking across our concrete driveway today. :)

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/27/2007

Wind Chill: 41°F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 38°F

So Far Today
High: 47°F
Low: 41°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph NNE

Today High: 62 Sunny. Highs in the lower 60s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 38 Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 30s. Light and variable winds.

tompm

Good morning folks

It was 53 F and very windy as I headed out for work this morning. According to the weather mis-forecasters we have reached our high for the day. It was pretty windy overnight and I found some big branches all over the front yard and some of the Christmas decorations were blown over.

No modeling again last night. I am still wrestling with this cold and cough I came down with. I don’t have much energy. I spent the evening bringing down bins from the attic filled with Christmas decorations. I also had to spend some time on Cub Scout stuff getting ready for our pack meeting tomorrow night. Tonight I doubt anything will happen as I have to attend a public meeting on one of our projects. At least this one is in an area I know and should not take two hours to get to.

I hope everybody has a good day.

OldGettysk

Running the MC & Buffalo
Good Morning !! Bill , Jeffrey & Tom and Alll !!! Jeffrey good to see you back and up . It's nice here right now in Buffalo but were expecting 30 MPH winds and rain mixed with snow a bit later . have to pick up my daughters washing machine . The Department Store which rimes with Shears wanted $65. 00 to deliver it.Sorry but a bit much for me. So have to pick it up and deliver it myself. Gonna go get some coffee so you all have a nice day !!!!!!

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey! Jeffrey! You're back! We've been worried about you friend. Glad to see you are back home and recovering.

Mornin' Tom! Mornin' Paul! Bet you folks are sending that wind and icky weather my way, right?

I'm off to school to gloat....er.....rehearse sound with the Middle School Choruses. Catch everyone later.

pcarrell

Just a guy
Around here it would appear that the last of Indian Summer has run for the hills! It's pretty nippy in the mornings around here nowadays!

Today: sunshine early, then partly cloudy, cool - high: near 45
Tonight: partly cloudy, chilly - low: 28

Right now it's a brisk 29 degrees. Looking for snow later in the week though........several times!

Went to class last night and I was on fire! Hittin' on all 8 cylinders! I love it when I'm in tune with the discussion, but at the same time I try to hold back some because I don't want to just dominate the discussion, ya know? Sometimes I tend to be like a bull in a china shop, and thats not good. It's nice to be "on it" though!

Well, I wasn't around a lot yesterday. The wife got her staples out in the morning, then I played catch-up at work, then it was off to school in the evening! Glad that day is over! That was a long one! Just got work today, so a welcome break......sort of.

Whats up with you today?

Bad weather up here again today. Road conditions are a little dicey, plus many drivers don't have their "winter mentality" geared up yet. I'm also learning that I only have maybe one winter left on the snow tires...

This happened about 1 mile from my turnoff - "wrong way driver faces impaired charges". Scary part is if I hadn't bugged out early to pick up hardwood flooring for the house I woulda been driving through there at the exact time this goof caused this...so today is one of those "appreciate what you have" type of days. And...plus...who in the world is driving impaired at 4pm on a Monday?? Aye carumba...

Anyway, enough of the bad stuff. :) Anyone pick up any cheap choo choos over the thanksgiving shopping spree?

Mark

UP2CSX

Fleeing from Al
Afternoon, all. Jeffrey, good to see you back again. I hope the foot is doing better.

Tom, every time I read one of your posts, it makes me real glad I'm retired. I remember the days of work projects, scout projects, getting all the Christmas stuff up projects...etc., etc. Of course, I was younger than and had more energy...and maybe a touch dumber about how much I could do in a day. :)

Paul, 30 mph winds and snow and you're off to pick up your daughter's washing machine? 65 bucks for delivery sounds like good deal to me.

Phillip, glad to hear your wife got the staples out. She must be mending well. What class are you taking? I don't think I ever heard about you taking a class. It is nice when you really get something though. It's hard to keep from jumping up and saying "I know, I know".:)

Mark, sometimes your higher power watches over you in ways you don't even understand. There was a reason you left early. I really dread the first snowstorm down here. My says it snows about every 10 years and that we are do. These folks can't even drive in the rain. I hate to think what it would be like in the snow.

It's turned into a nice day after a cloudy start with temperatures in the mid-60's. Still haven't had any frost and my banana tree continues to grow - weird weather. Another weird thing this year is how few people have put up Christmas lights this year. Are you guys seeing the same thing? I've found Christmas lights to be a leading economic indicator of the economy. When people are depressed and concerned about the economy, they tend to cut back on outdoor lights to save money, if nothing else. I don't know if this is true everywhere but I saw it in California and now again in Alabama when times were turning bad.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.