Coffee Shop Part VIII

Happy New Year! Here's a toast to a new and better year! I was in bed by ten o'clock last night. The wife and I are fighting a bug this week. Lots of sleep is the key!

I don't have much to add to the discussions lately. I should be planning my new layout, but don't know where to begin. I think I may need to read up on actual railroad practices. It was easier when all I needed to do was fit as many loops on the sacred sheet as possible! I'm hoping to plan an around the walls to fit in a bedroom. I'm thinking of building 2x8 foot sections that will connect at the corners with some sort 2x2 corner modules. I'm sure I'll have to have some sort of duck under or drop section for the door. I also don't know what kind of windows or closets I'll have to deal with in the future. I would like to come up with a general plan for the whole room, then pick one or two sections to build while I wait for future space.

Looking back, I see the irony of stating that I don't have much to say, then rambling on about what I want! I'm kind of going crazy without anything to occupy my time. Usually I work all of the time, or work on the house. Now neither of those things really matter anymore. Apparently, I was driving my wife crazy yesterday. I didn't really know what to do with myself. I reminded her of the silly hobby that use to occupy my time. I think she is starting to see the value of a very time consuming hobby!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good day. I'm going to scrub the house today. We may decide to list the house instead of lose it. It doesn't really matter much. It may keep a foreclosure off of our credit though. Cheers!

HappyNewYear.png

Morning Everyone!

It's a new year, full of all of the hopes and dreams that come with it! I hope that all of yours come true!

Happy New Year to all of you!!! (Mornin' Bill! wake up.... it's time to rise and shine!)

Corey, may the New Year be a bright one for you and yours! It is always darkest right before dawn.

Larry. the Ball in Times Square looked like it always does and Dick Clark looked like he did in 1955 as usual. They were even courteous enough of the old guy to not show any shots of the walker he was clinging to to be able to stand............ Well at least it wasn't Guy "Lumbago" and his Mickey Mouse Orchestra. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :D The timing was good as I was being beaten to death at the time in a Trivial Pursuit 1980's version game. After the compulsory glass of bubbley, We decided to finish the evening with a game of Eukker (sp.) in which my team destroyed the opposition 10 to 3. I came home about 2 AM, fed my geriatric old kitty cat, and hit the sack. Got out of bed this morning around 10:15. God I love Retirement!

Good morning.

How is everybody on this first day of the new year?

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/1/2008

Wind Chill: 35°F
Humidity: 50%
Dew Point: 22°F

So Far Today
High: 46°F
Low: 36°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 20mph NNE

Important Message

Hard freeze warning in effect from midnight tonight to 10 am cst Wednesday. Hard freeze watch in effect from Wednesday evening through Thursday morning.

Today High: 55 Sunny...cooler. Highs in the mid 50s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 25 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 20s. Northwest winds around 10 mph.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Year

HAPPY NEW YEARWell managed to make it downstairs. Went to bed a bit late about 3 this morning . Had my kids and their other halfs over for dinner last night and then sat and watched all the diffrent New Year's Eve celebrations . We got our 1/2 of the 10 inches of snow they were perdicting . Now I hear it's coming tonight . Wish the weatherman would quit making his forecasts and just tell me what it's doing outside at the moment . Don't think he would get that right. Well got to get ready to watch the "ICEBOWL "so you all have a nice day !!

Happy New year folks
lets hope it's a better one than last year, started off on a high today, got the christmas tree down and shredded it up into woodchips, nice. And got started on the backscene, just waiting for my home made winter vegetable soup to cook, anyone fancy a bowl

Good to hear that your year has started off just chippy there Steve and I could use a nice bowl of hot soup around here today !!!

We just finished what has been the traditional New years family meal of blackeye peas and ham hocks. It's the poorest meal of the year so anything that follows HAS to be better.

Good afternoon folks

I am just getting on the computer now. We have been bumming around the house since we got up late. We celebrated New Years with the kids. They enjoy wearing their New Years hats and making noise at midnight.

We had clear skies last night so we finally got the telescope out and tried to use it. We had limited success. We did see Mars. I spent some time this afternoon fine tuning it. If it is clear to tonight we will try again.

The pork is in the oven and the Mummers Parade is on the TV in the background. The parade started three hours late due to rain which means we should be watching the string bands during dinner.

Everyone is watching TV and relaxing. The kids are in the third day of building Lego castles that my son got for Christmas. I am about to head downstairs and sneak in some modeling.

I hope everybody has a good evening and New Year.

Evening, everyone.
The first day of the new year is drawing to a colse and it sounds like everyone had a good time

Tom, taking some time off and spending it with the family is a good thing. You'll wish you would have done more of it when you have no choice later on.

Jeffrey, that blackeyed pea things is a superstition here in Alabama here too. You have to eat black-eyed peas to have luck in the new year. You also can't do any wash or you'll wash away all your luck. There's a superstition for almost everything here. I personally think a lot of people here have spent too much time in the sun. :)

Steve, we take our tree and fold it up and put it in a box. I've always had real trees until the last two years when we got this artificial tree and it looks better than any of the real trees we've had. It even has pine cones on it. No needles to drop off and no wood chipping either.

Corey, I hope you can sell the house instead of going through a foreclosure. Unfortunately, it's a tough real estate market out there now. :(

The rest of you guys are wimps, going to bed so early...well, unless you were sick. In Alabama, you can buy just about every kind of firework except 105 mm artillery shells. I had 36 mortar rounds, assorted smaller rockets, and the grand finale, one that shot off 92 rockets in a row! :) I'm still a kid when it comes to blowing things up. I have the burned fingers to prove it today but it was worth it.

Good evening guys,

I see you all found ways to enjoy the first day of 2008! I'll have to take a 'rain check' on my fun, since my family has to arrange the viewing and funeral for Vicky's late dad. Plus, we're having the reception at our house, so I spent most of the day cleaning to prepare for that.

Jim, I did some pretty stupid fire-related things when I was a young'un, including trying to 'model' a nuclear blast over some discarded Roco minitanks using gasoline! Got me grounded for a week, served me right...:eek:

Morning all,
Jeffery Pea and ham soup's great, love it.
Jim i got an artificial tree and it's a very nice one,,, but women,,, LOL, they know best, so it stayed up the loft.

Anyway it's backscene day today.

Good morning folks

It was 31 F and windy this morning. Today is the warm day for the rest of the week. We will be in 20s and the teens tomorrow and Friday. The fun and easy commute to work is over as the roads were full of the usual assortment of idiots this morning. It would be nice not to get almost run off the road by some cell phone talking, breakfast eating, putting on make-up moron. Can you guess what almost happened to me on the way to work? Thank heavens I keep the brakes in good shape.

I continued weathering the trucks on the coil cars. I also sealed the wheels for the coil cars.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good Morning ! Steve , Bill & Tom , Another beautiful day here on the Niagara Frontier High is suppose yo hit 16. Torpical heat wave , I guess you fellas down South will enjoy some of the cold .Hope you enjoy it . Jeffrey I just love ham hocks , Also love Hoppin' John also .Which is how we usually eat back Eye peas at our home. Gotta to hit the skin doctor today .I have a patch on my nose which won't heal . Looks like this is my doctor's month also . Have three more to go see later . Well off to the doctors. Did anyone get to see the Ice Bowl ? 70,000 screaming fans where there . Unfortunatly for our home team they lost in a shoot out . But that is Buffalo weather , sleet rain & snow . Love every minute of it . Have a great day all !

Mornin' all!

Mighty nippy out there this morning! It was a whole 1, count it, 1 degree out there when I first headed out! My radiator was frozen solid! I'm still trying to get it unstuck! I go out, start it up, watch the heat needle climb 3/4 of the way, then shut her down. Yeah, I'm late to work, I'll have to drain the radiator and refill with new anti-freeze, yeah, it's shaping up to be a real fun day! And it's not supposed to get a lot warmer til this weekend either.

Today: breezy & cold with a few flurries - high 18
Tonight: partly cloudy & very cold - low 6

Sounds lovely, huh?

Oh well! Guess I'll make lemonaid as the saying goes!

I hear a few of you got some snow yesterday! We got some, but then it got too cold to snow.

Well, I'm heading back out to try it again!

Later!

Philip Good luck with the radiator, hope it's not damaged it.

forcast here is wierd,,, set to get down to -17 with snow during next few nights,,, but by sunday set to rise to 23c during daytime with rain, all four seasons in four days ???

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Tom!

Mornin' Paul!

Mornin' Philip, sure hope that radiator hasn't developed a few leaks. They don't like to get frozen.

Mornin' Steve!

"We're havin' a Heatwave, Tropical Heatwave...."
15°F outside right now and that's the high for the day. If the Lake was frozen over, it'd be perfect weather for ice fishing. Sounds like a good day to do some "yard" work.......

Looks like I might be OK! No radiator damage that I can see and no popped freeze plugs. Got it to the shop and they're playing with it now.

Back