Coffee shop one-three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well today is my wife's and mine 13th. wedding anniv. today!:D I just gave her card, candy, and dozen roses to her at work in front office:D She started to cry:D I did goood!:D We're going to celebrate friday at clear water beach with a nice seafood dinner, a sunset walk on the beach and dancing at surfside bar and grill on clearwater beach! then back home for some :D:):D:eek::D:):D:eek: :D:D:D:D:D

BTW: the weather here was wonderful great day to be outside!

Afternoon everyone.

Jeffrey, I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one that takes weeks to track down solder breaks. They should have some kind of magic continuity reader that will read the whole layout and pinpoint exactly where there's a problem. I'd be willing to pay big money for one of those.

Dan, I'm happy to hear your cousin hasn't been deployed. I hope he never will. With the new administration, I'm afraid that it will be like the last year of the Vietnam War, when every soldier knew they were there for no good purpose and just spent their whole time trying not to be killed. Not very good for morale. :( Congrats on your soon to be uncle hood. I think I'm up to 20 nieces and nephews now and the first one just turned 40. eek:

Phillip, glad your were able to take the bike out for a spin. How does she run? I missed Monday Night Football. I think I'm still in shock over the Texas Tech game. :)

Steve, it's stories like yours that make me glad I already served my time in corporate hell and don't have to put up with bosses that knew half of what I did and still yelled at me. We have actually had about 15 minutes of rain here today. No problems with anything torrential.

Rex, funny how those little yappy dogs can scare the big dogs. In my entire law enforcement career, I was only bitten twice by a dog, both some kind of HO size terrier. A dose of pepper spray probably helped them be a little better behaved the next time they saw a uniform. After being up in T-Town for the Miss State game, I can't imagine the chaos that's going to ensue for the Iron Bowl. I think I'd get everything I need for week tomorrow and just stay hunkered down in the house. We have the double fever of Prattville in the playoffs and the Iron Bowl so the whole town is in a frenzy. Nothing like the last weeks of football season in Alabama. :D

ICG, too bad you didn't get to run. I'm always enamored with the idea of a huge layout but I suspect mine would also spend most of the time covered in wallboard dust. At least I get to run some trains on my dinky layout.

Chris, sounds like you did real good. Romance is not dead, at least in your household.

We are getting an occasional passing shower but they've almost cleared the area now and it looks like another dry week ahead. Hasn't even been enough rain to register in the rain gauge. :mad: My wife told me it rained all the time when I moved here. I'm apparently bad luck when it comes to rain or she was fibbing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, I have been meaning to say congrats to Prattville H.S. and I wish them success through the finals. I still can't believe that Tuscaloosa County went down...and big time.
BTW: We got a pretty good soaking for about 2 hours early afternoon.

Chris: Nice you still have the arrow of cupid in you. Me, well I uh...errr...uh, at least get flowers for her.:eek::D

Sparky, Chris.....Congrats to both of you!

Phillip, glad your were able to take the bike out for a spin. How does she run?

If I had to choose between keeping the wife or keeping the bike, I'd have to think a minute! (Just kidding of course!) The big is awesome. It's a big brute of a machine. Gobs of power, and you've got to manhandle it a bit.

Happy Anniversary Chris!:D:D

My wife and I celebrated our 35th in Sept.

Just now getting over the flu.:( You guys don't want to get this years variety, it really kicks your butt!:eek::eek: This was the "little" bug my wife brought home from work!:rolleyes: She's all the time giving me things like this, while she never gets ill at all! My son is the same way. Daughter, on the other hand, definitely has my genes as she has the same immune problem as me. She is lucky a little as her problem isn't as bad.

Neither one of the kids are coming home for the holiday this week, so my wife and I are thinking about invading my sister's house in Selma. My sis said if we brought the turkey, she'd take care of everything else. Sounds like a fair trade!;);)

11-25-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress.png

:cool:

Good morning.

It's 41 and clear. The high should be in the upper 60's and it will be partly cloudy. We got half an inch of rain yesterday along with a lot of lightning and thunder. I'd really prefer to get just the rain without the accompanying light and sound show.

Yesterday's project was to correct the problem with the lighting (lack thereof) of the Lakeside Shipping scene. It turned out to be a simple broken wire and was quickly repaired. While I was at it I reworked the scene a little. Having two buildings at the back of the scene has always bugged me because it made the area look too crowded. So I removed the tan building and moved the red brick building over into it's place. There's much more room now and it no longer looks like one of the buildings is trying to shove a tractor trailer off the scene. The revised scene can be seen at the bottom of this post.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/25/2008

Wind Chill: 37°F
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 36°F

So Far Today
High: 47°F
Low: 40°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph NNE

Today High: 68 Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s. Northeast winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 38 Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 30s. Light winds.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010395.jpg

Good Morning to All,
It's a cool but comfortable 41* here in Coarsegold under clear skys.

Nothing much to report, I did take a trip over Donner pass and saw some unusual new maintanence vehicles in the small yard at Boomtown I believe. Double ended truck that rode on the rails along with several others.

Also across the way was an old depot and a wood toped Water tank just visable from the Highway.

Have a good day to all!

Good afternoon Gents. I am having a glorious day off! I've had a whole pot of coffee, and I'm ready to go! Track laying has commenced on the layout this morning. I hadn't soldered in fifteen years, so I had to practice a little on some old track. Soldering the flex track while it's straight is the best advice I've received yet. I also am very pleased with my decision to use all Peco track, especially the flex track that holds it's shape once bent. I have a long way to go, but I think I'll fulfill my niece's and nephew's mandate on trains being 'done' by Christmas. Done as in a train going in circles!:D I really need to remember to not over think some of this stuff. Once I get going it's amazing how fast I can get something done. I'm off to get my hairs cut so that makes a good day even better. You just can't have a bad day after a fresh cut.

Have a great day!

Thanks guy's......Few mor day's and we can play!!!!!! Got to check on the baby sitter (AKA Grandma!)

Evening, everyone.

Rex, thanks, Prattville has surprised all of us here. since we lost out coach and most of our top players, we didn't expect much but they seem to get better every week. Assuming we get by Davidson, it looks like we'll be playing Hoover for the state championship, which is our own version of the Iron Bowl, since both teams hate each other. :) We had a grand total of .04 inches of rain yesterday. :(

Carey, sorry to hear you've got the bug. From what I've seen so far, this isn't the flu but a really nasty upper respiratory viral infection. Both of my girls have had it and the symptoms aren't consistent with flu although that doesn't matter much since you feel just about as crappy.

Corey, it's good to get down to start laying track. At least you've made a start so you don't just stand there and ponder for the rest of your life.

David, sounds like you saw a track geometry car. They're used to electronically check track gauge and alignment and they mark spot that need attention as they go along. Where did you see the station and water tank? I don't recall any standing water tanks on the Donner Pass line although there are several wood flumes that generally follow the tracks.

Jeffrey, that looks like serious gully on the edge of that parking lot. :eek:

We had nice day here with a high of 69, the closest to a normal high we've had in the last two weeks. We supposedly have another chance of rain Friday. Hah!

Good morning.

It's 40 and partly cloudy. The expected high will be around 70 and partly cloudy. There's a small chance of rain tonight and it may start getting ugly on turkey day.

Yesterday's layout work involved shuffling a couple of structures around and doing some general maintenance. Amazing how long that can take when you're having fun at it. I'm in the process of getting ready for a doctors appointment this morning. General physical time again. Gotta go feed the vampire.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/26/2008

Wind Chill: 38°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 36°F

So Far Today
High: 40°F
Low: 38°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 70 Partly cloudy. Highs around 70. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 55 Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers after midnight. Warmer. Lows in the mid 50s. South winds around 5 mph.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010400.jpg

Good morning folks

It was 38 F on the way in this morning. Our high today will be 45 F.

I did not get a chance to post yesterday. This cold virus got me again. I was up half the night on Monday coughing. Every time I tried to lie down it would set off a coughing spell. Finally around 4 AM I got to sleep only to be awakened by the alarm at 5:30 AM. Somehow I made it work and through the day. Of course I got to work and found things in a panic as we had a computer glitch that wiped out about a third of the information for one of our projects that we have to advertise today. We spent most of yesterday re-entering the information.

Feeling the way I did yesterday and the fact that I had to take my daughter to flute lesson I never made it to the workbench or layout.

It looks like due to this persistent virus my son and I will not be marching in the Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade with the Scouts. In our household we are debating with three of us down with this virus whether it is worth the effort to cook Thanksgiving dinner. Our dinners are small as there are only 5 of us in the immediate family. Our relatives who were local have mostly passed away or have moved to other parts of the country. Both of our families are small to start off with since both my wife and I are only-children. We are thinking about putting the turkey away until Christmas and going out for Thanksgiving.

I hope everybody has good day and a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

A thought for Thanksgiving......................

One day, the father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the express purpose of showing him how poor people live.

They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family.

On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, 'How was the trip?'

'It was great, Dad.'

'Did you see how poor people live?' the father asked.

'Oh yeah,' said the son.

'So, tell me, what did you learn from the trip?' asked the father.

The son answered:

'I saw that we have one dog and they had four.

We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end.

We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night.

Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon.

We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight.

We have servants who serve us, but they serve others.

We buy our food, but they grow theirs.

We have walls around our property to protect us, they have friends to protect them.'

The boy's father was speechless.

Then his son added, 'Thanks Dad for showing me how poor we are.'

Isn't perspective a wonderful thing? Makes you wonder what would happen if we all gave thanks for everything we have, instead of worrying about what we don't have.

Appreciate every single thing you have, especially your friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back