Coffee shop one-three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rex According to some woman on tv today the new leader is a breath of fresh air we should all follow, ha ha ha.

Another tank sound changing day today, got some WAV clips of germans shouting at each other in a tank, they are now on board mine and sound great, added some radio transmissions in the background as well, this is fun. not much else to do as it's 42 degrees out and raining hard

Yes, we must obey the news media they have all the answers!
:DRemember the max headroom TV Show? and the Movie Soil-n-Green! that's where this world is headed if thing's don't change for the better!

LattentrainfanSorry, we only had it for a day :( :( and :( i want one as well :) maybe when i win the lottery.

Fried Tiger prawns, Squid with wild rocket (peppery veg) all done in avocado oil for me please Rex

AND, another local lad Ricky Hatton has beaten the American Paulie Malignaggi at a fantastic boxing match in Vegas,,, GO RICKY :) :) :)

I spent part of my day going over the inside loop on my layout looking for the bad spot in it. I tested the track at several points in the area that's been giving me a stalling out problem and found nothing. I then pushed down on the track slightly to simulate the weight of two P2K E units and immediately saw a broken solder joint. A little farther on I found another one and it was on the same side of the track, just several sections away. This made for a length of track 3 feet long that was getting power only part of the time. After that it was just a quick soldering job to fix it. The inner loop is functional once again. The test run was made by a pair of E units led by my new Athearn BNSF SD40. After that it was just the SD40 pulling an 11 car train.

So today I helped my Uncle finish, updating his old woodshed into a "cottage". It actually looks really good, considering that nothing in the shed was square. All he has left to do is varnish everything. They he will be building a table for my younger cousins to have a place to run their trains, that can be ripped apart and rebuilt as their interests change.

Probably next check I get, I am probably going to order a fast tracks jig for #6 turnouts and start building track for the layout.

Evening, everyone.

Dan, did you get to shoot all that .45 cal ammo? Heck at today's prices, a couple hundred rounds will buy you a nice Atlas locomotive. :) Glad to hear your cousin is back safe from overseas.

Rex, Texas Tech went from a power to a has-been last night. What a pasting! The new BCS has Texas in 2nd, Oklahoma, in 3rd, and Florida in 4th. TT dropped all the way to 7th. Oklahoma and Texas are in a virtual tie for BCS points so the Auburn game now means something in terms of BCS points. Should be quite a frenzy in T-Town.

Steve, I know of quite a few serious injuries from rugby. It seems like they have to tone down that game a little at some point. Congats to your boxer. I'm not much into boxing so I don't know anything about either fighter.

It is quite bizarre that so few people really understand anything about how the economy works. Most people to either overestimate or underestimate the true situation. While unemployment is a rising problem, Citigroup is the real big problem right now, dwarfing anything else on the economic horizon. I wonder how many people even know anything is happening with Citigroup?

LTF, I'd be happy to lend you a tractor but the only ones I have are 1/87 scale working my cotton fields so I don't think they would do you much good. You do a good job of pleading though. :)

Jeffrey, I hate those elusive solder breaks. At least you found yours. It always seems to take me days to track down mine.

It was cloudy but a little warmer day down here. Wonder of wonders, there's at least slight chance of rain tomorrow, probably about the same chance as me finding a solder break in 10 minutes. :G

Jeffrey, I hate those elusive solder breaks. At least you found yours. It always seems to take me days to track down mine.
It did take me days, or more accurately, 3 weeks! Yesterday I just happened to have a track tester light on the track when I pushed down on it in a certain spot. It became real obvious when the light went out.

11-24-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress.png

:p

Good morning.

It's 58 and cloudy. The high should be around 75 and it will be mostly cloudy with a good chance of rain.

Yesterday my Athearn BNSF SD40 made it's first run on the layout at the head of a test train consisting of the SD40 and 2 Proto 2000 E6's. The test was being made to check the viability of some repair work on the track earlier in the day. After the test was completed the E units were removed and the SD40 was coupled to it's own train, a general freight and is being run long hood forward because I think it looks better that way. I also found out why the switcher team took off the way it did the other day. It was because of a bad connection between the two units. The pickups of both units were wired together after each unit was individually programmed. When I get a chance I have to chase down a lighting problem with one of the structures. There's always something to keep me busy.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/24/2008

Wind Chill: 59°F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 56°F

So Far Today
High: 61°F
Low: 58°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph NNE

Today High: 75 Showers likely and scattered thunderstorms in the morning...then scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph in the morning becoming northwest 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 40 Partly cloudy early in the evening then becoming mostly clear. Much colder. Lows around 40. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010380.jpg

Good morning folks

It was a chilly 25 F as I headed off to the office this morning. High today will be 49 F with rain coming. We had a wild Friday with snow off and on most of the day. Where I live a few miles to the west there was 4 inches while in Philadelphia there was less than an inch. We probably had about 2 inches on the grass. Roads were slick. My wife got stuck several times in mile long back- ups on her way to work. I was home sick with the last (I hope) gasp of this cold virus I have been fighting for weeks. Today is the best I have felt in about three weeks.

We had a busy weekend. On Friday night we had our Cub Scout Pack Overnighter at the Ashland Nature Center in Hockessin, De. Getting there was a treat with the snow falling Friday evening and dealing with Friday rush hour/snow panic traffic. Once there we had a great time. The scouts did a night hike. They saw a tortoise and a terrapin. The theme of our program was Lenape Indians. They heard Native American stories, made clay pots, dressed like Lenape, and played Lenape games. They did a morning a nature hike.

We spent Sunday working on my son’s school project. He is making a diorama of the room in Independence Hall where the Constitution was drafted and signed. In Social Studies they are studying the American Revolution and the Constitution. In January he will be visiting the Constitution Center.

I did run some trains. I put away a bunch of stuff that had collected on the layout. I cleaned off the workbench and looked over the “pile” and began to contemplate the next project.

This afternoon we have parent teacher conferences for both kids.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Morning all!

Kinda cold and drizzly around here, but it wasn't too bad yesterday. I even took the motorcycle out for a spin!

So whats up with all of you?

Yes, we must obey the news media they have all the answers!
:DRemember the max headroom TV Show? and the Movie Soil-n-Green! that's where this world is headed if thing's don't change for the better!
Sort of explains why so many Fox viewers end up on Springer. :D:D:D

Good Weekend!

What a great weekend!
I got furniture moved that my wife has finally decided where it should go on Saturday. Went to the 60th birthday party of the girl I dated when she was a sweet young thing. She introduced me to my wife ?? years ago.

Sunday, I pulled a double shift at the club layout. I spent the first 4 hours building a Woodland Scenics HO layout kit. I had forgotten how much fun it is to drag dripping plaster cloth across a layout full of crumpled newspaper to make hills and valleys. One five-year-old kept coming back every 10 minutes to see if we were ready to run trains yet.
With 10 layouts to keep running, it takes a lot of track cleaning every day. The N scale engine we had running started hesitating and stopping. The wheels were SO DIRTY, we wound up cleaning track, engine and rolling stock wheels before getting things to run right.
Happily, 9 layouts are on 2-4 minute push button timers to keep them from running constantly. Our club layout has a camera train and a least one other train running during the time the museum is open. That means constant maintainence on track and equipment. Everything gets checked closely on the weekends while club members are present. Otherwise, the weekday staff just changes out equipment if something doesn't perform correctly.
We have gone through a quart of 91% alchhol and a roll of paper towels cleaning engine and rolling stock wheels.
It is a lot of work, but something must be fun, since we keep doing it.
This will be a busy week at work and traveling, so I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.
Even if you do not celebrate the American Thanksgiving, we are thankful to have your participation on this forum. Our common interests are much stronger than our differences.
Mikey

Morning. No time for breakfast today.

Jim: My cousin hasn't actually deployed yet. He was supposed to go awhile ago, but he got switched units because some girl tried to kill herself. Now he has been stuck in New York for over a year. Which like everyone else on that base has made him depressed which makes it take longer to get deployed, so who knows if he is even going to go.

Anyways, I must be going. Wouldn't want to miss class now would I.

edit:

Also, we didn't shoot yesterday. My uncle's range is in his property next to one of the barns into a hill, but it is hunting season, we don't know if someone is on there hunting, and the neighbor was working in the field. Plus it was really cold. Also my uncle reloads, so ammo is really cheap for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much happening, had a bust up at work with a complete control freek, he's the head of customer services and his head is bigger than the department, what a complete tool, he really got me would up,,, and why, because i was useing one of "His" PC's, not the company s, his, so he thinks.

Bit on the nippy side at just above freezing point but at least the torrential freezing rains stopped.

Just got back from taking care of some business. Gads, I still haven't figured out where all the traffic comes from; this town isn't that big. Of course when you add 27,000 college students that are more interested in the holidays, it becomes downright dangerous.

When I got back, my over sized pups were raising the devil. Going into the backyard, I found out why. The neighbors little dog had come under the privacy fence in a small hole my dogs dug and was in the yard. This little thing doesn't weigh 5 pounds, but it had my 45 pound bears backed off to the porch. :D

I got my two passenger trains running by computer and making their stops and departures smoothly. It's fun to run a manual operated freight through them with automated traffic control. I still have a glitch in one area to be worked out to prevent a crossover of different routes while that block is reserved. May have to get on Railroad and Company's forum and ask some of the software geeks...and to think that I've barely touched the depth of this program.

Today starts IRON BOWL week! The entire state is getting ready for this Saturdays rivalry game with Alabama vs. Auburn. In case you don't get the name, Iron Bowl was an unofficial name given to this match up by the sports media when the game was played in Birmingham (steel industry). The name stuck and now everyone uses it.

:)Have a good day!:)

Go Bama! Roll Tide.

This past weekend there was a scheduled operating session that I was looking forward to. I went to the local shop and picked up a decoder for my IC6067 SD40 and a NS9970 -9, get them programmed, and then be able to run, with the oversight of a conductor, my first DCC session. The layout is HUGE (40'x40' room, with 2 1/2 levels and 20+ industries and such). Unfortunately the owner is expanding, and drywall dust is everywhere, so the session was delayed until this coming Sunday. I can't wait to get started!

Anybody see that Colts/Chargers game last night? Talk about runnin' it down to the wire! Colts won as the clock hit "0".

Well just an update on life.

Turns out I am going to be an uncle. Kind of amazing saying the doctors always told my sister she would probably never have babies. She has a rare genetic disease called galactosemia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back