Coffee shop one-three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice place. I'll have a roast beef poboy.
RoastBeefPoBoySide.gif

Morning/Afteroon/Evening guys and gals

Jeff that looks a lot better then what I digged up for lunch.

Not much on the books to do today. Just putting away halloween decorations and cleaning my car from all the dr pepper that I spilt earlier today when someone decided to cut me off. Then maybe do some work on the website I have set up to show the progress of the layout.

We just got back from the Flap Jack Festival!:D We ate and We ate:):)! This morning we ate Stacks of Pan Cake's! To save your PC's from drool I'm not posting the pic's of the huge stacks of pan cake's and pile's of food:)! Then we had various carny junk foods! Man I'm stuffed:D:D:D We got Ryan and his Girl friend Holly ride bands so they can rides until they droped:) Man they can run;) we had ton's of fun:) Now we're all home, now the kids are playing Wii.

Pancakes,,,, Nice, i could just eat a few right now. Just got in from the Scouts bonfire party and it was amazing. it's the 30th year it's been held and i went to the very first one, around 5-6 thousand turned out to see it and the fireworks.

Flo, interesting decor in this new location - seems to have an 'English' flavor to it! ;) I'll have a lasagna dinner - extra large, with the usual beverage.

Didn't accomplish much today, waiting around all morning for a repairman to do some warranty work on our fridge. Said he'd be here anytime between 8am-12noon, didn't actually arrive until 12:10pm! :mad: I couldv'e gotten quite a bit done during those 4 wasted hours. And he didn't even fix the thing, said he had to order a part and we'll have to wait 10 days for him to come back and install it. I despise these modern throwaway appliances!

However, I did manage to get to Klein's and pickup my two new throttles for guest operators. Also stopped at the Home Despot to get some 2.5" [outer] diameter PVC pipe, gonna try to scratchbuild a set of Medusa-like silos for a cement distribution center. I want to leave the shrinkwrap on my Valley Cement kit so I can re-sell it as NIB, since I discovered there's no way to fit the whole complex in my narrow slot of vacant real estate.

Chris it looks like you all had quite a time this morning! Glad to see your wife is out-and-about and able to enjoy life once again.

Ken

How much real estate does the Valley Cement kit take up. I am looking for some more industries to add to my switching layout.

Hey Ho everybody! I found the new place..........

I have been at the Syracuse Train Show all day. Rode up on the Finger Lakes Scenic Railway. Then waited a half hour sitting on the train for a school bus to take us the couple of blocks over to the State Fairgrounds. Got to see pretty much everything at the show. Of course the one thing I was thinking of buying was a Digitrax UT4 Radio throttle. The guy who I knew would have them sold both the ones he had left within a half hour the the opening of the show....... We arrived around 12:40PM at the show. So at the appointed time that the bus was to be outside waiting to take us all back to the train (2:45) for the ride back to Geneva, there was no bus. They finally showed 45 minutes late. We were around 50 minutes late leaving Syracuse for the ride home. Arrived back in Geneva 20 minutes late. They made up some serious time. The train crew was not happy as they had to be off duty by 7:00PM (after putting the train away and doing the usual stuff with the 2 locos) to keep the rule for a 12 max. shift. I was frozen as i rode out on the vestibule of the car we were in to get some good photos of the trip. (will post later, maybe tomorrow.) Anyway I got home had supper , started a fire in the wood stove and got on line. And.... Here I am!

Now I have to pack recording equipment into the car for a recording I am doing tomorrow afternoon.

Hope you all just as interesting day I did (and it was a great trip even with the bus problem)! Catch you later.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, I didn't get to any train stores today. I had promised my mom I'ld go and have lunch with her, which turned into a shopping expedition for fabric, and then it turned out she was roasting a TURKEY. so, lunch became dinner, and then a 2 hour drive home.

chores done, household pets fed, everyone accounted for.

time for a fire in the woodstove, (isn't someone else doing the same thing?) and maybe a glass of wine.

I need to measure my train room. won't have time tomorrow, but maybe Monday. monday is Maintenance day here on the farm, so I might get that room cleaned out a bit.

Morning All
Valley Cement is a big kit, i was looking at it myself for a while, maybe one day on the sunny side of the world i may build it, but not now, it would be one more thing to pack.

Good morning folks.

Doesn't it feel like we just moved into the old coffee shop? I just thought I'd stop in and say good morning.

I'm continuing to stall on installing my roadbed. There are changes being made that can't really be implemented until further purchases are made. One purchase requires the use of my wife's trailblazer. That means that I need to empty all of her work crap from the back in order to fit the extruded foam sheets. She's touchy about me using her work vehicle, so I have to get my timing just right!

Anyway, I hope you gentlemen have a good day.

I have two big projects to work on. Well 3big projects, 1.)Wire the layout for the Super Empire Builder DCC System, 2.)Clean the wood shop and arrange it for the new Kubota and snow plow will fit in for winter use and 3.)put all of the yard art (statuettes, fountain, wishing well and other yard ornaments in the yard shed. Glendia(wife) has decided that going to the west side of INDY and seeing our grand daughter Alissa has taken top priority so off to Avon we go. The hour long trip will be will be worth it but I need to get my STUFF done also. I hope everyone is having a good weekend I know mine is not going as planned but is a good one.

Good morning.

It's 55 clear and sunny. The high will be in the lower 80's and it will be partly cloudy.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/2/2008

Wind Chill: 55°F
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 51°F

So Far Today
High: 56°F
Low: 49°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 82 Mostly sunny. Patchy fog early in the morning. Highs in the lower 80s. East winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 48 Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 40s. Southeast winds around 5 mph in the evening becoming light after midnight.

RTR on the outside, Blue Box on the inside.
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010241.jpg

Afternoon All ! Just stopped in to see how things look in the new place and say hi to the old gang , Hope all have a nice Sunday !!

SEcondHandmodeler, I sympathize with your wife. I HATE when other people mess with my truck.

Leghome, a Kubota? what kind of Kubota? that is my DREAM tractor. of course, a John Deere would be so much more practical on the bank balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back