SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress.png

:rolleyes:

Good morning.

It's 60, very cloudy and wet. Good weather if you're a duck. The high today will be in the upper 70's and it will be mostly cloudy with a fair chance of rain.

I fine tuned the SDP40F's yesterday and got the acceleration and deceleration rates to my liking and set the high speed to about 80 smph. I want to get the Kodachrome GP38-2 done but it's decoder went to the SDP40F B, so I'll have to wait until I can lay my hands on another decoder.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/14/2008

Wind Chill: 59°F
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 59°F

So Far Today
High: 60°F
Low: 58°F
Rain: 0.03"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph SSE

Now through 07:00 AM CST November 14, 2008

Through 7 AM...scattered showers will develop over the coastal waters between Cameron and the lower Atchafalaya River out to 60 nm. This activity will extend inland across portions of southwest Louisiana...mainly east of a Cameron to Lake Charles to ragley line. Otherwise...an area of light to moderate rain will continue to move north across western portions of Louisiana and southeast Texas and the adjacent coastal waters mainly west of Cameron. Rain amounts will be around a quarter of an inch or less...except in the heavier showers where rates of up to one and a half inches an hour are possible. These heavier rains will occur mainly over the coastal waters from Cameron to 60 nm south of Cameron.

Today High: 78 Patchy fog early in the morning. Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s. Southwest winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Tonight Low: 45 Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Cooler. Lows in the mid 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010294.jpg

Good morning folks

It was 55 F on the way in today. I was in and out of fog and showers. High today will be 63 F.

With the rain and leaves the roads were slick. I passed a couple of accidents.

I have not been posting for the last few days. I got hit with a nasty virus and was down and out for a few days. I had a bad cough and kept getting the chills. I never had a fever, however. I felt really run down and basically spent half of Wednesday and all day yesterday either sleeping or trying to sleep. I still have a slight cough and feel somewhat drained but no where near what I felt the past few days.

This weekend will start off busy. We have the collection of food items for our Scouting for Food Drive. We will box them and bring them to a local food shelter. We also have the bi-weekly restocking of cupboards.

I am hoping to at least get some train running in and perhaps work some on few items I have to repair. I have a couple of cars that little details have either been knocked off or are loose and need to be reattached.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Afternoon all,

Crappy day at work again, they are putting off telling us who will go untill next friday,,, just to ruin the weekend, my job is in the firing line for sure, non value added work like my role as safety officer is a prime target, they say it won't affect me, but it HAS next door on truck production, they got an update today with another 50 jobs going, Mmmm, it's beer o'clock time for me

Later all

Hi all! Is Jim still buying lunch? Otherwise I will have to borrow for a hamburger for which I will gladly pay you back tomorrow.:D

Chris: My wife doesn't mind guns and even loves to shoot. I got my first gun and started hunting when I was 11. My Dad didn't hunt, but my friends Dad did and would take us and show all the ropes. Not long ago, I had around 12: rifles, shutguns, handguns, black powder. I gave up hunting awhile back and now only have 5 and that includes the two black powder rifles. All I do now is target practice/plinking for the fun of it.

Jim: I picked up the 15 rd. clip for $29. It is suppose to be made by GLOCK. Now I need to work on my nephew (state trooper) and see if he can get me some ammo at discount. A box is so expensive now, it really cuts into practice.

Steve: That is always the problem with getting promoted to a better position that is more cushy or into management. Once you leave the trunk of the tree and become a branch, you can be cut off and the tree still function. These were the words given to me a long time ago when I got axed during cutbacks at a chem plant. I made it to General Foreman but they said many of the duties were duplicated between my job and the plant manager. He was under contract and I wasn't. Guess who left.:(

Good Morning All from Coarsegold,
It was a cool 42*F again with a fair amount of moistures earlier but with clear skys and Sun.

No work yesterday on the layout as I drove down to visit with Mom awhile and do a few things for her the nursing home doesn't do and visited with a buddy prior as it was rush hour!

I'm going to take some of the cruve out of the 6.5" section between the two switches in
a short bit and finish spiking down the secondary siding rail. Then I need to solve the ramp issue leading to the raised section, that should be interesting?!

Have a good day!

Wow! It is lunchtime for sure! Time sure does fly when you're having fun!;)

Finally got released by the Doc this week to go back to "normal" activities after my hernia surgery. Normal activities?:confused: Wonder what those are???:D I have been doing some work in the layout room, but not much on the layout itself. I need to run another section of spline, but before I can, I gotta cut some more spline first. With the rain that's forecast for today and tonight, I don't dare pull out the tablesaw. As sure as shootin', even though the current radar shows nothing rain wise anywhere close, if I pull that thing outside to cut sumpin', a rainstorm will pop up right over me. I think I'll just try to get the boys over tomorrow, and we'll sacrifice a 1X4 or 2 to the layout gods. With the Al game on TV, though that may not happen!:)

And of course, something will occur that will make even that job harder than it needs to be.:( They have forecast that after the rain and storms come thru later this afternoon and tonight, the temp is supposed to drop like a rock, and we'll be lucky to get out of the 40's tomorrow. Add to this the winds out of the north and it will feel like the 30's or even colder:eek:.

Rex;

Isn't it your turn to buy lunch for all?;) Yeah, that's it! Rex's turn! Spread the word!:D:cool:

Afternoon everyone!

I'm still cleaning out the bedroom that was my son's and had become the quick place to toss stuff that I wanted to save for some reason. There are several boxes full of stuff that became mine (how wonderful) when my sister and I cleaned out our parents house back in the winter of '02. Those are now stuffed into the closet and I just bought some cheapo shelving that will store all the NMRA district stuff and some other must not ever get rid of crap.

My son just arrived to look over the pile that belongs to him so I best get off line.

Have a great day!

Afternoon,, everyone.

Steve, I sometimes have the feeling upper management actually has a sadistic streak when it comes to layoffs. I used to see that kind of thing all the time - tell 'em we're doing layoffs but make them sweat for a week before we tell them who. I always had this mental pictures of the boys on the 23rd floor watching us on closed circuit TV and sadistically laughing at us. Kind of paranoid but I'm sure you understand the feeling.

Tom, sorry to hear you had the bug too. Seems to some variant of the common cold that's going around the country.

Rex, all the Glock 23's I've ever seen only have a 13 round factory magazine. The aftermarket 15 round mags stick out slightly from the grip base. Maybe Glock made some 15's that I'm not aware of but the problem was the magazine spring was too weak to reliably feed the rounds and still allow you to reload the magazine by hand. You're right about ammo prices, though. I just have 9 mm's (a Glock 17 and and Kel-Tek P11) and like to run about 100 rounds a month through them just to keep in practice. Even cheap Russian ammo is running about $12 for 50 rounds so that's almost $50 a month for ammo.

Chris, while I can understand your wife's feeling about guns around kids, I still think every home needs a self-defense weapon. A Remington 870 shotgun is the ideal weapon for this purpose. It's almost impossible for a kid to figure out how to work the slide to load a round in the chamber and there's still a safety in place. The good thing is that every thug knows the sound of an 870 being racked. Best less than lethal defense there is. :)

Jeffrey, you are getting all the rain from the magic front that's supposed to be headed our way.

David, it looks like the high winds did go south of you. They've already lost 100 homes to a fire in Santa Barbara with more to come. :(

CJ, I'd cut the wood today. I don't think we're going to get squat in terms of rain. It's clearing here and the radar show what little rain there ever was in Alabama is now almost in Georgia. I still don't know why the NWS is continuing to forecast rain that's obviously not going to happen. It will turn colder by tomorrow night though - I'm taking my parka to the Alabama game. Glad to hear you're healing up on schedule.

Oh, I forgot. Chris, the rat was a pet. Her name was Stinky and she was a sweet rat. She was almost three years old and rats almost always develop some kind of cancer by then. It looked like leukemia to me since she had developed leukemic cutis lesions on her skin. She died a nice peaceful death though and she's buried out back by our swing under a big oak tree. I'll miss her.

Nothing else of import here. I got my Caboose high level switch stands and I'm puzzling out exactly how those things go together. Caboose is not real good with instruction.

Afternoon guys.

I will not miss the cold weather once spring hits. Went outside and tested our big tree that has christmas lights on all year long, and once again, looks like it all needs to be replaced. I wish I would have tested it a month ago when we put up the lights on the roof.

Tonight I think I am going to empty out the attic of decorations. For the first time in what seems like ever, Thanksgiving is just immediate family at my house. Maybe while I am up there I will try to see if I can find the missing boxes of train stuff. One can dream right?

Still Alive in Florida?

Hey, Just survived another work week....sort of:rolleyes: as for the cold is on it's way out now my stomach is on the fritz? Might be due to all the cold med's? But any way's got a slow weekend no yards to mow and no extra cash so not much to do:( I got some low cost work I can do on the train room though:D Might keep me out of the wifes hair:rolleyes:

Jim, I wouldn't mind a shot gun! But the little lady said, "Hell NO, not in our house!" Well, Jacob Our Black lab Chow mix will have to do:rolleyes:! BTW, Next time I get a rat problem here, I'll trap it and send it to You..... you can Rehabilitate it!:rolleyes::D

Steve, EDIT...... Just joking guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan, those lights are a Chinese plot to drive us nuts. They will always work when you test them but then go out immediately once they are someplace you can't reach them. I'd gladly pay twice what I pay now to get a reliable light set that would work all the time. Almost every Christmas, I end up throwing out half my light strings and buying new ones because the old ones mysteriously quit just laying in a box. :mad:

Chris, the common path of a cold is from the respiratory system to the gut. Just have the imodium handy and you'll be good as new by Monday. As far as a weapon, I assume you have things like steak knives, hammers, and all sorts of dangerous power tools around the house. Ask her if she thinks a shot gun, in and of itself, is more dangerous than the other stuff she sees every day.

Rex, the magic front finally made it down here about 10:00 pm. We had one 20 minute shower that gave us .12 inches of rain. The front is just passing through now and the temperature has fallen from 68 to 62 in the last 45 minutes with 35 mph wind gusts. It's going to be a chilly night in old T-Town for the game. :)

You betch'cha, Jim. Just pretend your in Cleveland. LOL
The game forecast: wind is only forecast at 5-10 and the hourly looks like low-mid 40's during game. Colder later.

We got a good rain of 0.8"; even had some thunder. Temp still at 55 but that is suppose to be the high for the entire day. :)

Man, I have got to get into bed. I have been working on my signal and block controls so long that now feel like I am in a daze.

CU all in Morning!

Good morning.

It's 49 and clear. Today's high is expected to be around 60 and it will be partly cloudy.

I received some Bachmann decoders in the mail yesterday still attached to the circuit boards from the locos they were in. It was only a minor task of just 5 minutes to disconnect them from the boards and remove the plugs so I'll have wire ends to solder to when I install the decoders in locos that are waiting for them. Yeah, I don't mind using Bachmann decoders, especially when they're FREE. I also have to do some track testing when I get the chance for it. Seems that my inside loop has a dead spot. Probably a feeder that broke loose.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/15/2008

Wind Chill: 42°F
Humidity: 60%
Dew Point: 35°F

So Far Today
High: 59°F
Low: 48°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 32mph NNE

Today High: 60 Mostly sunny. Cooler. Highs around 60. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph.

Tonight Low: 35 Mostly clear. Colder. Lows in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010040.jpg

"flo, I pass on breakfast today:confused: I'm cooking at home! Ryan's cousin Austin and his little GF Holly across the street are coming over for breakfast! They want me to make my, "Breakfast Greengo Burrito's or BGB's" scrambled Egg's cooked with Chorizo and Home Fries done the same way! Wraped in a flour Tortillas and of coures some nice cheez to go on them too:D. I was going to make some Pico de Guio.........But got lazy:rolleyes: so I pass today!"

Chris, the common path of a cold is from the respiratory system to the gut. Just have the imodium handy and you'll be good as new by Monday. As far as a weapon, I assume you have things like steak knives, hammers, and all sorts of dangerous power tools around the house. Ask her if she thinks a shot gun, in and of itself, is more dangerous than the other stuff she sees every day.

:)

Well, When she say's No! It means Nooooooooooo.:( But yes, I have tons of very Dangerous toy's! But I'm not allowed to have a real gun and or a nail gun!:confused: I want a nail gun, actually need it at times:eek: But the word is No! O'well I'm P whiped i guess:D As for the cold your right by monday ot tuesday this should all behind me!

We got some much need rain this morning, tomarrow it's going to get down into the lower 40's!:D

Mornin' everyone!

I have already done a mornings work, standing in the pouring rain, telling people where to go.......... OK I was parking cars for Presbytery Meeting at Hobart and William Smith Colleges. I did enjoy telling some of our ministers that if they need preferential parking, they should have been the first ones there! (A paraphrase from "Up the Organization" which was mandatory reading for an education class when I got my Master's Degree way back when.)

As soon as I warm up a bit (nothing like being soaking wet at 50°F) I am cutting up empty boxes for recycling. Then by golly, I'm going to work on the layout!

Have a great day!

Afternoon All

how's life in the USSO today, Comrade Chris I'll have a standard bowl of gruel today with vlodka.

Very dark and damp here today, but it's dry so we went down the wood's for a walk, the boy's led us through a bog and the youngest lost one of his boots in it, took me ages to dig it out,,, boy what a smell.

comrade Jim that guy in Calif must have been a bit mad at someone.

Comrade Rex Who's paying for the gruel today ??? Is it your turn comrade Ray

Afternoon All

how's life in the USSO today, Comrade Chris I'll have a standard bowl of gruel today with vlodka.

Very dark and damp here today, but it's dry so we went down the wood's for a walk, the boy's led us through a bog and the youngest lost one of his boots in it, took me ages to dig it out,,, boy what a smell.

comrade Jim that guy in Calif must have been a bit mad at someone.

Comrade Rex Who's paying for the gruel today ??? Is it your turn comrade Ray

Greetings from the great USSO Comrade Steve! The Grule is O.K. Could use some salt but I used up my government alotment! I think they been watering down the Obama brand Vodka too! I can't catch my usual govenment allowed buzz! anyways My Secret Chicken coop had a lot of eggs and a few illegal ingredent! Steve come on over for a non Government allowed buritto Comrade! I'm sure the OIA is aware of my activites!

BTW: The Kids feasted on the Buritto's!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back