Search results

1. C

N scale Shinkansen Depot - how ?

Hi, I would like to build a huge permanent transparent shinkansen depot, to hold like for 20 - 30 trains on display, all covered from dust as much as possible, as I am sick of taking out and putting my trains back into their bookcases. I do not know how to do it electrically, I mean that the...
  2. C

Traindo about to take off, again

Hi, I just got 3 double level glass/metal tables to do an HO layout on the lower level and an N scale on the upper. I used to have a huge HO layout on plywood all over my living room but it was eaten by woodworms and it literally crashed down as I stood on it, so I took it apart and am starting...
  3. C

New old Tyco stuff, what oil ?

I just bought some really old Tyco locomotives,they are new but squeak too much, I think it needs some oil lubricating. What oil should I use when there is no LHS around,to buy special train oil and how and where exactly to apply it. I've never lubricated anything yet. thank you.
  4. C

Metal wheels

I want to replace some old plastic wheels. Are these really, really good ? Or would you suggest any other, cheap and by bulk ? 100 pack InterMountain 33" Semi-Scale HO Metal Wheel sets 40052
  5. C

Need more power

Hi, I definitely need more power to the track as the layout is pretty big, the problem is that I use Bachmann Dynamis, you know that plug and play thing. So how can I do it ? What exactly do I need to add feeders, where, how ? Thank you for any tips.
  6. C

Use of flex track, please help !

I just got some flex track and am fighting to fit not a tight curve but one rail, the loose, always sticks out. Is that normal ? Do I have to cut it off to fit the other connecting rail ? This is my first time I'm "working", more like fighting with Atlas flex track. Can somebody tell me what to...
  7. C

Code 80 bridges with Code 55 track

Hi, how can I connect code 80 bridges with code 55 tracks ? I noticed there are no code 55 bridges. What can I do and how ? Please !
  8. C

Kato Unitrack and Atlas track

Can I use Kato Unitrack and Atlas flex track ? How ? Any special rail joiners ? Thanks
  9. C

Terminal joiners

can I use multiple standard terminal joiners as feeders, how can I connect them ?
  10. C

A Short ?

Now with my DCC all locos just run only in one direction. Is it because there is a short somewhere since I have a lot of crossings and therefore loops and I suppose I misconnected the loops ? Can I measure or discover the short with a voltemeter ? Or how can I find out for sure if there is a...
  11. C

MRC 260, overload ? why ?

I just bought MRC 260 controler and connect it to my 60 feet layout and try to run first only one loco testing it. It runs a few inches and then it stops, the controler indicating the function OVERLOAD. I don´t understand, what´s wrong ? What does it mean, overload ? What´s the problem here ...
  12. C

EZ track 30, 45, 60 degree crossing use

I've been using Anyrail to do something interesting with 30, 45, 60 degree crossings before I lay the 4 mainline track, but I cannot come up with anything nicer than some dull figure 8. Anybody has ideas, or seen HO layouts using 30, 45, and 60 degree crossings in a sophisticated way ? I've got...
  13. C

Athearn DCC ready locos

Hi, I'm planning to buy these locos and I'd like to know what decoder I should use. Is this Digitrax DH165IP HO Scale Mobile Decoder OK ? What's the difference from this Digitrax DH163P HO Scale Mobile Plug 'N Play Decoder, except the price ? Will it work with my Bachmann Dynamis DCC ? I use...
  14. C

A remote crossover EZ track question

Can I use #6 Remote Crossovers on my DCC layout and operate them only manually where I can reach, I got a good deal on a few, but I'm not sure if they will work, supposedly they are no polarized or something, I don't understand those electrical things. I read somewhere they are not suitable for...
  15. C

Hiawatha,gotta show off

Gotta show off, guys. Today I purchased the whole Hiawatha & Milwakee Twin Cities 10 car seton Ebay, there was no bid, so I hit the Buy button like a bull, I love those cars, they're awesome. The seller asked for $ 325, starting at $ 295. I said to myself 30 bucks is 3/4 of my franchise, and I...
  16. C

Any US army stuff except Model Power ?

Does anybody have any US Army rolling stock except Model Power ?
  17. C

EZ track Hayes Bumpers, help

I really hate the gray NS EZ track Hayes bumpers, the way they look, so dull, but nothing else fits EZ track. Yet I kinda like the black steel alloy EZ track Hayes bumpers, the black roadbed looks much better to me making the terminal track more interesting, like highlighted. That's why I'd like...
  18. C

Desiro NJ Bahn V w/DCC, Piko, 52219

I'd like to buy European Desiro NJ Bahn V w/DCC, Piko, 52219, and other European locos, but the available info says it's AC, decoder-equipped for normal and DCC operation. I have Bachmann Dynamis and EZ track. Some people warn me that they will NOT run on my DCC layout because they're AC however...
  19. C

Anybody knows for sure ?

You must remember my post about changing plastic wheels with metal, right ? Thanks for all the available help once again. Yet I also asked specifically about Model Power military series, if their wheels are 33" or 36" sizes to know which I should buy. I contacted Model Power and they politely...
  20. C

My dilemma

Until now I want to use some crossings, having EZ track, and I came across this interesting design I want to actually use on my layout several times. Enclosed you will find the thing, sorry, I'm not a painter. There are two turnouts, could be # 6 ?, with a crossing, I don't know the grade/radius...

Back