EZ track Hayes Bumpers, help

csxfan

I really hate the gray NS EZ track Hayes bumpers, the way they look, so dull, but nothing else fits EZ track. Yet I kinda like the black steel alloy EZ track Hayes bumpers, the black roadbed looks much better to me making the terminal track more interesting, like highlighted. That's why I'd like to replace quite a few, 14, actually.

My question is if it does not affect negatively in any way, electrically, that I'm gonna use these 14 black steel alloy bumpers with my extensive gray NS EZ track. I assume they're are at the track terminals so there should not be any problem, is there, in terms of the best conductivity ?

I used NS and steel EZ-Track together for years with no problems other than that the steel rails got dirty a lot faster than the NS rails did. However another solution is simply to paint the gray roadbed black.

I used NS and steel EZ-Track together for years with no problems other than that the steel rails got dirty a lot faster than the NS rails did. However another solution is simply to paint the gray roadbed black.

Damn, it hasn't occurred to me, stupid little me. Jeff, you seem to be the only EZ track expert/user here. Thanks.

Back