Traindo about to take off, again

csxfan

Hi, I just got 3 double level glass/metal tables to do an HO layout on the lower level and an N scale on the upper. I used to have a huge HO layout on plywood all over my living room but it was eaten by woodworms and it literally crashed down as I stood on it, so I took it apart and am starting from scratch again. With two layouts. HO because it's big enough to enjoy details and N because I love Japanese shinkansen. I am here to learn new stuff, Practically I am an old newcomer...high regards for any railroader.

I would like to build a huge permanent transparent shinkansen depot, to hold like for 20 - 30 trains on display, all covered from dust as much as possible, as I am sick of taking out and putting my trains back into their bookcases. I do not know how to do it electrically, I mean that the trains there stay while I run a couple of trains, analog, normally on the layout. How could I do this, stationing some while running others ? Do I need at least two powerpacks to handle this ? How do I separate these two "loops" ? And how do I connect them ? How do I insulate the many individual tracks ? Can it work ?Honestly, I have no idea.

. I do not know how to do it electrically, I mean that the trains there stay while I run a couple of trains, analog, normally on the layout. How could I do this, stationing some while running others ? Do I need at least two powerpacks to handle this ? How do I separate these two "loops" ? And how do I connect them ? How do I insulate the many individual tracks ? Can it work ?Honestly, I have no idea.[/FONT][/COLOR]

It is easy to station some and run one or two using DC. You can station as many as you like, each being on a different track, by using insulated joiners and having a throw switch to turn them on or off.

You would need a separate control or cab for each train running.

With a combination if insulated track joiners and on/off switches you would turn power off to the sections of track where you want trains parked.

If this is difficult to figure out, could you rethink and go to DCC? If that is not possible, send me a private message through the web site and I will figure it out for you. lasm

Back