Search results

1. Selector

Phishing or SPAM junk mail alert (Legit but annoying)

Perhaps it isn't bogus, but I received about 12 of them in a row suggesting a photo of mine (gave the title) was moved to a more appropriate gallery and to view it 'here' with a hyperlink. This email purports to come from photos-05@modelrailroadforums.com. I hope I help someone to avoid it...
  2. Selector

Wolfang (WT fan) Dudler has passed on

I recall him letting us know over on trainboard maybe eight months ago that he had developed a very serious illness. I contacted him right away to express my concern and to offer him my good wishes. He seemed resigned to his early passing, as I understood his words, and stated that he wouldn't...
  3. Selector

Walthers Code 83 30 degree crossing?

Anyone know if the Walthers Code 83 30 degree crossing, the one with the blackened frogs, needs to be gapped? I have tested the tracks leading to a Peco insulfrog Code 83 $6 turnout, gapped just beyond the frog for both routes, and I have soldered curved lengths that meet at the crossing, and...
  4. Selector

WPF for 04 Nov - 10 Nov 2011

Yard Switcher on the Move
  5. Selector

Weekly Fotos Fun, 03-11 Dec, 2010

Going home for Christmas! :D
  6. Selector

WPF 22 Oct - 01 Nov 2010

Post 'em if ya got 'em. :D
  7. Selector

Did we get spammed?

Some of the 'last post' headings suggest a clothing supply place got through, but I don't see them. Just curious. -Crandell
  8. Selector

WPF for Sep 17 - Sep 23, 2010

We seem to have missed our usual mid-day start to this thread. A PRR Q2 is diverging onto a mine spur to Sentinel Coal.
  9. Selector

WPF for July 30 - Aug 03 2010

Yeeeeppp...it's time agin....
  10. Selector

Photo Fun for the week 21 - 28 May 2010

Dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it. :p -Crandell
  11. Selector

Weekly Photo Fun 30 Apr-04 May '10

12. Selector

Ditch light replacements - Genesis SD75M

Hi, fellas. I have two Genesis SD75M's, but from different issues. My fixit guy says one of my ditch light bulbs is burned out and needs replacing. (Trust me, I am not one for fiddling with tiny things...we just don't get along well together, and he loves to fiddle with toy trains.) This...
  13. Selector

WPF for 19-26 March 2010

Hi, fellas...I'm back after an extended absence. Long story, but I recall pitching decks, waves, the Darwin Channel, penguins on Magdallena Island, circum-navigating Horn Island, walking through the marvellous cities of Santiago, Buenos Aires, and Rio de Janeiro. Weird, but I am awake and...
  14. Selector

Photo Contest Questions

First, are the two contests currently 'in session' extended, or will they be closed off soon and voting started? Secondly, we are a full week into February with no announcement yet of the theme. Just wondering what's up. -Crandell
  15. Selector

Weekly Photo Fun 29 Jan - 04 Feb 2010

I guess I'll start us off. A Union Pacific heavy freight makes its way up the spur to the Sentinel Mine. [HO scale, Broadway Limited Hybrid UP TTT-6 2-10-2] -Crandell
  16. Selector

WPF for 27 November to o3 December

I dont' see it yet, so if falls to me to kick it into gear. A N&W excursion in the highlands near Seneca Falls.
  17. Selector

WPF for 16 - 23 October

I guess someone has to start it off....:cool: -Crandell
  18. Selector

BLI going toe-to-toe with MTH! Oh, yeah!

Well, in case you haven't seen or heard, BLI has officially announced that it will produce and deliver by 2010 a new, all scratched, and better version of the UP 9000 series 4-12-2! At least, it seems that it will be improved over MTH in a few ways, although the 22" radius still seems to be...
  19. Selector

Spectrum and Tsunami don't see eye-to-eye

I have a Tsunami heavy steam installed in a Spectrum J Class 4-8-4. I have left the engine to run around my layout for a couple of hours now while I do other things hoping to break it in. From a dead stop, when I dial in speed steps between 1 and about 20, the engine takes off without any...
  20. Selector

I made some switch stands

I have no switch stands, as my yard images clearly show. I had sprung for some Caboose ground throws many moons ago, and decided, once the first was erected, that it was far too large to be on the layout. Dang. I was pondering this afternoon, while building a Kanamodel CPR style water...

Back