Phishing or SPAM junk mail alert (Legit but annoying)

Selector

Perhaps it isn't bogus, but I received about 12 of them in a row suggesting a photo of mine (gave the title) was moved to a more appropriate gallery and to view it 'here' with a hyperlink.

This email purports to come from photos-05@modelrailroadforums.com. I hope I help someone to avoid it.

Edit: just viewed some of the others in the list and each lists a different photo. I think there might be a bug somewhere, but not in my brain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caution is always wise, but the discussion elsewhere about Bob's reorganizing of the photo gallery makes me think in this case the mail you got was benign. Still, better safe than sorry.

Not spam, not fishing, not a bug. Just doing some major cleanup and re-organizing in the photo gallery. I have now (hopefully) disabled the notification e-mails.

Thanks, Bob. I thought to myself, "Geez, these guys are really sophisticated and cagey...almost scary because they have the actual image file titles and use good English...for a change." ;)

Thanks, Bob. I thought to myself, "Geez, these guys are really sophisticated and cagey...almost scary because they have the actual image file titles and use good English...for a change." ;)

Well, as I said that is actually a feature of the photo gallery that turned into a bug when I didn't disable it before moving a large amount of images. The idea is that if you upload a photo, and then I decide for example that "Hey, this shot is really nice, I'll put it in the editor's choice gallery" you don't go to the old category, find it missing and think "That rat deleted my photo!"

Back