WPF 22 Oct - 01 Nov 2010

Selector

Post 'em if ya got 'em. :D

SenecaYardTTT6LastCallres.png

Looks like another great start to the weekend with that beautiful shot Crandell!

I have completed the module for the needed Merit Award for Model Railroad Engineer - Civil. It will get packed tonight to take to the Meet on Saturday to be judged. I'm hoping that everything stays in guage and works correctly so I can get the Merit Award.....

Track05w.png

Track06w.png

These are just some quick flash shots. I will get some better ones later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started ballasting the yard today. I got some Highball N Scale light gray ballast and mixed it with some dirt I found near my house. I also plan on weathering the ballast with some brown and black washes. It has not been glued yet, so it will be a little darker than the photo depicts.

IMG_0639.JPG

Here's the prototype yard look I'm shooting for.
IMG_0224.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello form England, I've not posted here for Oh so long !!! I bet many wont even remember me ? But having just started a US outline layout I thought I'd look you all up.

A picture taken of some ballasting in progress tonight..

SDC17729.jpg

And a picture taken a couple of weeks ago to give an idea of how the layout fits into the garden shed. Along the back wall are the scratchbuilt G scale locos I have been working on over the summer months.

SDC17642.jpg

John

Holy cow! Did you tear out your old one? I guess at the pace to went on that you probably finished it a while ago. Welcome back to the forum.:D

What am I/should I be seeing, Jeff? It looks like a coupler with which I am not familiar.

Crandell

What am I/should I be seeing, Jeff? It looks like a coupler with which I am not familiar.

Crandell
It's a Kadee #119 Whisker Shelf coupler. They'll fit anything that a #5 will fit on. This type is the one that's used on tank cars. Cut the top shelf off it and it's the same as those used on covered hoppers and take it from me, the shelfs work. Unless you have an uncoupling tool, skewer, screwdriver or have the coupler over an uncoupling magnet they're not coming uncoupled in most cases. Once I get my credit bills paid down I'm going to order more.

Thanks, HB. If you stick around a train/model forum long enough, you're bound to learn a thing or two. :p

Crandell

My Module for the Merit Award for Model Railroad Engineer - Civil got judged today. i was very happy with the outcome! [:D] It earned the Merit Award, and now I just have to send the paperwork for the Merit Award up through the Region and National for approval. I then can file the paperwork for the Certificate and get it done with......!!!

Here are some photos taken by one of the 2 judges. He got some good close-ups of the Scratch Built turnouts and crossing.

Civil001w.png

Civil003w.png

Civil005w.png

Civil006w.png

Civil007w.png

They both had fun running the old Shay through the track and pushing the flat car through (that showed how smooth the track was), I could see from where I was putting stuff away across the room that they were liking it by the big grins on their faces.......

Back