WPF for 04 Nov - 10 Nov 2011

Selector

Yard Switcher on the Move

0-6-0Yardmove_editedres.png

Wow, that time again? Great shot as usual Crandell, very crisp!
I'm going to recycle one this week: Laundry day on my friend Herb's layout....

My work this last week was pretty lean. All I have to show for it is these three cars.

Model Power Granite Rock hopper
P1012644.jpg

Life-Like Campbell's Beans hopper
P1012645.jpg

Tyco 'Old Dutch Cleanser' reefer
P1012641.jpg

A bunch of MicroTrains couplers arrived from Fifer Hobby Supply today, so I was able to get rid of the rubbish McHenrys off my Athearn F45s. Previously the lead engine had a habit of breaking away from the train if it hit a patch of dirty track or I went very slow over a crossroad, as the brief pause combined with a shunt from the other engines was often enough to break the connection. With the MT couplers installed I sat one loco inbetween the others (sitting idle) and no amount of pulling power or rapid changes in direction could break it free. :D But the best part is that the coupler parts lock together when assembled, so you don't need the skills of a neurosurgeon to install the things after removing the shell!

MTcoupler.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It has my road's initials and I've never built a Bowser kit yet so I grabbed this and plan on turning it into a m.o.w car. I equipped it with Kadee No. 5's and I'm waiting on Intermountain wheels.

ACL32562.jpg

-Jeff

Amazing work guys! Sorry I have not been around much, between work and school I'm too busy...

I've been trying to figure out the best method for installing open doors on a older Athearn SW1200. Is there a company that offers brass doors that could be installed or are people just cutting up a donor shell and installing the doors on the carefully modified model?

Those doors are made by Cannon & Company. They make many sizes, they are also made of plastic. Cut the rough opening, file it down to the right shape, then glue the doors on. This is what it looks like rough cut.

100_1110.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back