Weekly Fotos Fun, 03-11 Dec, 2010

Selector

Going home for Christmas! :D

Cs-winter-train-btight.png

Ah...... The Weekend! And of course, the start of a new Photo Fun Thread!!! Nice start Crandell and Jeffrey!

I have finally gotten to the point where I could put the Quarry back onto the layout. I did a little test fitting of some of the items that will go there. I also found that the roof on the crusher building has warped. Probably from the type of cement I used on the roofing. Even though the plastic was painted, I think it has eaten through and warped the roof... I can be easily replaced and next time I will use a different cement to hold the roofing on....... Nothing has been glued in place at this point...........

This is the area as it looks tonight:

QuarryArea01w.png

QuarryArea02w.png

QuarryArea03w.png

QuarryArea04w.png

Last edited by a moderator:
1.) Adirondack and Northerns Roster shot
2.) Caboose that i got and completely overhauled.

Adirondack and Northern made several big purchases over the past couple weeks. There were rumors circulating that management purchased a pair of U30C's, well werent the employees surprised when a pair of AC4400s showed up from CP Rail that werent just in interchange? A couple days later, another new locomotive arrived with a string of new rolling stock. Management apparently purchased an SDP40 and used it to deliver a new set of well cars, an 89ft boxcar, a cement car, some containers, and a caboose! Management had one more surprise up their sleeves, when the GE AC4400 Demonstrator arrived on site, the employees knew something was up. Why demo locomotives that were already purchased? It was just another used AC4400 to join the CP Rail ones :eek:

The caboose was ordered to be put over by the shop and left there. This lead to some confusion, maybe they didnt buy the old caboose, and were just hired to scrap it? Well, the next morning the orders were given to completely overhall the caboose :D, the crew would now have a place to rest while waiting for the logs to be gathered at the loading facility.

Someone mentioned some Christmas decorations for the caboose and a locomotive as I was pulling out of the yard with train 183 headed for North River this morning too...

Found this Athearn RTR caboose at the LHS today. It's supposed to be the match for their Desert Storm SD40-2. Paints are a little different color, but it's still a neat set. For those interested, it's Athearn 74000 USMC Cupola Caboose #403.

100_1333.jpg

hea jerome couldnt u hit it with an blast of somthin to lighten up the colors a lill weathering mabe?

Found this Athearn RTR caboose at the LHS today. It's supposed to be the match for their Desert Storm SD40-2. Paints are a little different color, but it's still a neat set. For those interested, it's Athearn 74000 USMC Cupola Caboose #403.

100_1333.jpg

nice set, I will have to get one for my UP unit.

Big D, I could, but then I'd have a bunch of Marines after me for messing with their car!!! LOL No actually it's better just to leave a collectors car in original condition. I haven't touched the matching SD40-2 just for that reason.

Just got another new excursion train. The 20th Century Lmtd. full set with E7 AB units.

IMG_0774.JPG

Added lighting, painted the interior and added passengers.

IMG_0770.JPG

Awesome scene and photo, Crandell.
Ray, that quarry scene is looking good!
Nice looking train, Michael, even if it is NYC.;)

Power hand off, K4s to an E8. DJ.

P1050396.jpg

Wow Gary, excellent job on that building, with the weathering is amazing. Looks very real.

Nice work Grampy, took me a minute to be sure it wasn't a prototype photo.

Good work on the building, Gary. :)

I've been messing around with wire lately, trying to make trees. They aren't done (spray paint/foliage to come) but I made a temp diorama with them anyway. :)

The pine trees are pre-made, the snags are sagebrush, the truck is CMW, the people are from fleabay, and the snow is borax over plaster over white acrylic paint directly over the shaped styrofoam.

P1010009.png

P1010015.png

P1010010.png

P1010018.png

P1010028.png

This is the whole diorama, just a scrap of foam, about a foot long.
P1010013.png

Also, a few trees with foliage on them. :)

P1010033.png

Keep the pictures coming, this kind of thread is what keeps me inspired. :)

Thanks for the kind words guys....There is a wealth of amazing modeling shown on these threads, as well as some outstanding photography....So thanks to all who share their skills each week.

try this

Ah...... The Weekend! And of course, the start of a new Photo Fun Thread!!! Nice start Crandell and Jeffrey!

I have finally gotten to the point where I could put the Quarry back onto the layout. I did a little test fitting of some of the items that will go there. I also found that the roof on the crusher building has warped. Probably from the type of cement I used on the roofing. Even though the plastic was painted, I think it has eaten through and warped the roof... I can be easily replaced and next time I will use a different cement to hold the roofing on....... Nothing has been glued in place at this point...........

This is the area as it looks tonight:

QuarryArea01w.png

QuarryArea02w.png

QuarryArea03w.png

QuarryArea04w.png

hey try checking this rock company i photo shot a while ago it also has a topo view too

http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18476

100_1333.jpg

Those arent switchers. Are you feeling alright?:D

Back