Weekly Photo Fun 30 Apr-04 May '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selector

IMG_7796_editedres.png

I love the Pennsy theme going.

Last week I got some plastering done.
100_5156.jpg

My Dad got the name plate mounted to the fascia.
IMG00109.jpg

I have more pictures and videos at my progress link below.

Nice work, Grampy...love the crispness of that shot! Depth ain't too shabby.

Nice scenic work, MoG. But I am insanely jealous of your excellent keystone...where the heck did you get it? Me want one! :D

-Crandell

Nice scenic work, MoG. But I am insanely jealous of your excellent keystone...where the heck did you get it? Me want one! :D

-Crandell

Thanks, My Dad bought if from factorydirecttrains.com. But, I just check their website and it doesn't look like they have them anymore. I think it was only $10. It worked out perfect for this area.

The sheep can come !

IMG_9800_1200.jpg

I've got this old LaBelle kit from a friend. I had seven days of fun!

Wolfgang

Well--I tried my hand at close up photography. I just discovered that I missed my macro button---crab complain bellyache.

Here is what I've been working on so far---I'll get better pix later

This is the Denfield New Life complex---or at least a representation of same had there been tracks through there-

My photo for the week. Picked this up off fleabay for just over $50 with shipping, old Alco models brass RS11 with a decent paint job for the D&H, lighted headlights, numberboards and class lights. Didnt run to well, came from a smoking home, some of the yellowing cleaned off, but I left the rest, kind of makes it look like a dirty Alco as they many times were. Once I soot it up a bit more, it will look good. I upgraded to 8 wheel electrical pickup and cleaned all the old grease out of the gear boxes, it had turned to a paste like substance. New Labelle lube and it runs smooth and quiet for an Alco Models. Cheers Mike
035.png

The modern day Philly backdrop looks a little off with a Norfolk & Western steam engine in front of it, but still a beautiful engine. You're a lucky man.

The backdrop looks MUCH better now!!! Did you end up lowering it, cutting some off the bottom? Please remind me what medium you printed it on...?

I thought I would look back ar some older pics and found this.

000_0056.png

These are a long ways from the mill. it is a rare find of a certain wood but not enough material here to set up a mill so get it cut loaded and send it off to the mill. they get about 3 or 4 cars a week out of here and it is about a 3 day trip to the mill including time sitting in 1 major yard and 1 small yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back