Search results

1. nateL

First HO scale weathering job

So I've decided to get into some HO stuff lately and have come to the conclusion that I reallllllyyy enjoy weathering and detailing HO scale stuff. So heres a few pictures of my first attmept at HO scale weathering, First photos are of my new NS SD60 that I HEAVILY weathered with a rust...
  2. nateL

helllllpppppp

Okay so Im back again, this time...I need to know how to take the shell off my HO Athearn SD 60...I cant get it off so i dont really know where to start :confused: theres doesnt seem to be any screws except for the ones under the fuel tank but thats for the motor mount? Im wicked confused...
  3. nateL

Detailing Questions

Hello Everyone, It's been a while since Ive been on here but since then I've gotten a hold of an Athearn HO scale NS SD60...The only reason I bought this was to detail it and then showcase it (since I model N scale) But heres my question, apparently it was supposed to come with...
  4. nateL

Just outta curiosity...

Does anybody know exactly what the extremely large vent is for on the tail end of a GE Dash 8? Or typically any GE locomotive I guess, but im focussing more on the Dash 8 series...its really bothering me:confused:...just trying to further my knowledge :p...
  5. nateL

N scale New York Central Box Car

I got this for Christmas, along with a piggy back flatbed, but this is by far my most favorite peice of rolling stock :D Its made by "Micro Trains" and comes weathered right out of the box, plus the doors open...this thing is detailed like crazy...let me know what you think? I'll try...
  6. nateL

What do ya make of this puppy!?

So I was sniffin' around modeltrainstuff.com and look at what I came across http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/KATO_N_1660000_RDC_1_Painted_Unlettered_p/kat-166-0206-j.htm Ive never seen anything like it...I wonder what ever came of it :rolleyes:
  7. nateL

Road Numbers

Does anybody have any clue as to WHY model companies such as Atlas, or Kato (for instance) only make certain road numbers? For the longest time I've been wishing to complete my Providence and Worcester locomotive roster (without having to custom make anything anyway) but as far as Ive looked...
  8. nateL

Reflective tape?

Does anybody know how i can make, or buy, reflective tape to further improve the detail on some of my N scale locomotives? Ive looked at alot of prototype pictures and well...my models need some updates haha...any ideas? Thanks ahead of time! -Nate
  9. nateL

New Dash 8-40C

So i just ordered an Atlas made Dash 8-40C in Norfolk Southern scheme...does anybody have any problems with one they may have? My concern is that I have a Kato SD70 MAC which has the 3 axle trucks, of course, and so does the Dash 8-40C, but my SD70 has a WICKED problem with the corners on my...
  10. nateL

Mystery to me...

Hmm so im thinking of picking up some NS n scale dash 8s and ive noticed that on ALOT of Norfolk Southern's locomotives, theres a white box (or in some cases, black) on the roof over the cab...this may be a stupid question but...does anyone know what that is? And im pretty posative the models...
  11. nateL

Directional lighting...?

Hmm so im messing around with an older P&W Dash 8 ive got and i took the engine components out of it (n scale, the engine was acting up on me) to make it into a dummy loco to act as a trailing loco for some consists and what not...so to get to my point, Ive managed to keep the directional...
  12. nateL

Any models of these?

Im looking for some N scale models of these kind of frieght cars....i really dont know what to call them except for enormous grey open hoppers?:rolleyes: idk haha...heres a pic of the cars im looking for... http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1253012 better view...
  13. nateL

hmmm anyone have a model of this or....?

So i was browsing my favorite website, next to modelrailroadforums.com of course, and i came upon this locomotive... http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=286926&nseq=3 i really couldnt believe my eyes so i had to look at other pictures of it and it actually was what i thought it...
  14. nateL

can anyone help?

So ive been looking for a LONG time for Providence and worcester N scale B 23-7 Super 7's and cabless b units....i cant find any =/ as a matter of fact, i cant find any of the 2 in any other railroad paint schemes...does anybody know who might have something like that, specifically in P&W...
  15. nateL

Providence and Worcester stuff

So I've been a member of this forum for a few weeks now and ive yet to see ANYTHING P&W...does anybody have model P&W stuff? Id love to see what other people have, also...for some reason the forum will only let me upload one picture?:confused: i try to upload more and nothing happens...any...

Back