N scale New York Central Box Car

nateL

Engineer
I got this for Christmas, along with a piggy back flatbed, but this is by far my most favorite peice of rolling stock :D

Its made by "Micro Trains" and comes weathered right out of the box, plus the doors open...this thing is detailed like crazy...let me know what you think?

022-2.jpg

I'll try to get some closeup detail shots if youd like

-Nate

Yeah, I'd like to see some closeups too. I normally don't like "pre-weathered" stuff because they don't look very good, but that boxcar looks pretty good from a distance.

That is a great looking boxcar. I would like to see more close up pictures.

Alrighty guys heres a few closeups...its the best I could get, sorry theyre not like...extreme closeups like I was trying for haha...

002.jpg

007.jpg

then my RS-3 in the New York Central scheme hitched up to it

009.jpg

-Nate

Hey Nate, the boxcar looks really nice up close. Do you model the New York Central? I have been collecting NYC in HO and I hope to build a layout soon.

Hey Nate, the boxcar looks really nice up close. Do you model the New York Central? I have been collecting NYC in HO and I hope to build a layout soon.

Thanks for the compliment! And no, I model the Providence and Worcester. I kinda collect whatever I can and that NYC RS-3 just so happens to be one of my favorites as does the boxcar that my parents got me for Christmas. All of my stuff is in N scale however I would love to get some HO. Good luck with starting your layout!

-Nate

Back