Reflective tape?

nateL

Engineer
Does anybody know how i can make, or buy, reflective tape to further improve the detail on some of my N scale locomotives? Ive looked at alot of prototype pictures and well...my models need some updates haha...any ideas?

Thanks ahead of time!

-Nate

I get mine at Auto parts wholesalers(Custom paint stores). You can probably get some Ref. tape in small quantities at Tractor Supply. Office supply stores might have it. You really need the 3M brand because it sticks a lot better on plastic.

This has come up before. Reflective tape is to thick and will actually look out of place on a freight car that small. Well, at least thats what I have read given I havent actually done this myself.

Drafting tape is ideal for reflective style tape, since it's thin, comes in many colors, and you can get it down to 1/16" size. Places like Office Depot used to carry it but you mostly have to order it on-line since the rise of CAD. Just search google for drafting tape and you'll find lots of hit.

Nate,

Here's an example of reflective tape.

100_3401.jpg

I use the yellow stripes from this Micro-Scale decal set. They are yellow decals with white backing so they really stay yellow, no bleed through.

http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2...ct_Code=87-1023&Product_Count=&Category_Code=

Thanks very much guys! Ill have to look around at some office supply stores and see what i can find

Jerome, that website is actually a really good resource, if i cant find anything in person at a store...im deffinately going to consider that site...they sell decals for NS locomotives...which is what im looking to detail...and in N scale so i'll see what i can do

Thanks again everyone!

Nate

Highball does reflective stripe sets...

AD-14 Reflective (Simulated) Sill Stripes - Yellow (HO Scale) $3.00

ADN-14 Reflective (Simulated) Sill Stripes - Yellow (N Scale) $3.00

AD-15 Reflective (Simulated) Sill Stripes - White (HO Scale) $3.00

ADN-15 Reflective (Simulated) Sill Stripes - White (N Scale)

AD-17 Reflective (Simulated) Full Length Sill Stripes - Yellow/Narrow (.053 High X 8" Long). (HO Scale) NEW 1/28/09 $4.00

AD-18 Reflective (Simulated) Full Length Sill Stripes - White/Narrow (.053 High X 8" Long). (HO Scale) NEW 1/28/09

http://www.mgdecals.com/Accessory_Decals.htm

Back