Search results

1. nwdrummer379

Switching Layout Roadbed Question.

Thanks Steve, I'm glad I'm not the only one then! :rolleyes:
  2. nwdrummer379

Let's forget I even mentioned that. This is not a permanent layout and will be moved in a year or less. That's why track nails are my choice. Thanks for your input on the roadbed question Mike. Much appreciated.
  3. nwdrummer379

To each their own, I'm doing it my way because someday I'll be ripping the track back up when I move.
  4. nwdrummer379

This is a question for anyone else with a switching layout, I just laid all of my track and as I started laying down the foam track bed I thought, do I even need it? My base is homasote which is already a sound deadening material. I'm just not sure if I want that raised roadbed look since I...
  5. nwdrummer379

Another WTH Ebay Moment

"looks great in the dark" More like looks great in the trash!
  6. nwdrummer379

Atlas Right Track 10.0?

When I touch it up I certainly can, though I can't take all the credit for it. It's somewhat based off a track plan somebody else drew up that I liked way too much. -Jeff
  7. nwdrummer379

Atlas Right Track 10.0?

I kid you not right after I posted this I was doing some more searching and found scarm, wow! What an amazing tool for what I need! I dig the flex track too, very easy to use! -Jeff
  8. nwdrummer379

Atlas Right Track 10.0?

I realize Atlas doesn't offer this freeware anymore and it was a good design software for my simple layout planning since I use Atlas track. I lost the program on my computer, therefore I lost my layout plan.. and I need to make some modifications to it. Does anyone have a "copy" they could...
  9. nwdrummer379

Train Shows

I always make sure to make it to the Dalton show, I always find what I need there every year. -Jeff
  10. nwdrummer379

Train Shows

I went to one two weeks ago at the Cuyahoga County fairgrounds. Big show, but didn't have a whole lot I was looking for. I got an Athearn AMD 103 powered for $25 plus tax Runs like a champ.
  11. nwdrummer379

My amtrak rolling stock!

I recall seeing photos of a viewliner in Phase III. I only need one, Just one!!
  12. nwdrummer379

Combining 2 favorite hobbies

I've been a school bus enthusiast since I was 5, and now I'm a part time school bus mechanic so buses have always been in the mix for me. I spend hours detailing and lettering HO buses, sometimes modeling exact ones that operate in my area, so when my layout is built there's no doubt I'll put a...
  13. nwdrummer379

Wpf 9/7 - 9/13

My recent project.
  14. nwdrummer379

another berk lives

I had the opportunity to see her fly though North Lawrence, OH. on 8-7-12.
  15. nwdrummer379

Building a MOW train

Might be out of your era, but if you can find the Walthers kit of the Industrial Brownhoist X25 crane, that'll make a good MOW piece. It's a fun kit to build too.
  16. nwdrummer379

Wpf 5/12-5/17

Steve, the anti glare nose would look good. Now I'd hate to be a nit picker and I could be wrong but isn't the flag on the engineers side facing the wrong direction?
  17. nwdrummer379

Childhood trains

I am way too young for Lionel. First set was a lifelike one with power loc track probably around 1998 when I was 5. Graduated to an Athearn UP Stream lined passenger set at the age of 8. Today the F7 has been re-lettered, the RPO reduced to m.o.w service, and the dome/observation cars parted out.
  18. nwdrummer379

The engineer never knew....

A really great story indeed. I traveled to Colorado with my family on the Capitol Limited from CLE to CHI in coach, then in sleepers on the California Zephyr to Glenwood Springs. The other passengers were friendly, talkative, all had different back grounds. The crew were great, our sleeping...
  19. nwdrummer379

Good Switching layout examples?

Of course sir! I REALLY enjoy that plan though, so that's why I was asking for that. I'll be getting to work now :) -Jeff
  20. nwdrummer379

Good Switching layout examples?

Oh boy, Are there any less pricey alternatives than the peco turnouts? I'm no track expert yet, all I've ever known is Atlas code 100. -Jeff

Back