Good Switching layout examples?

Oh boy, Are there any less pricey alternatives than the peco turnouts? I'm no track expert yet, all I've ever known is Atlas code 100.

-Jeff

Oh boy, Are there any less pricey alternatives than the peco turnouts? I'm no track expert yet, all I've ever known is Atlas code 100.

A published track plan from a magazine or web forum or whatever is for ideas and inspiration - it does not have to be built exactly like drawn by whoever made the track plan you like.

Use whatever brand of turnout you like - just adjust your plan to allow for whatever turnouts you choose to use, since they have different geometries.

Or if it is too hard to make things fit with bigger turnouts - just drop some turnouts etc and make a plan with less track and more space, possibly built on the same core idea.

Totally up to you :)

Smile,
Stein

Of course sir! I REALLY enjoy that plan though, so that's why I was asking for that. I'll be getting to work now :)

-Jeff

Jeff,

Do yourself a favor, and consider the curved switches. They may not be Atlas, but Peco switches are very reliable, + give you operational/trackplan flexibility you can't get just about going any other way, besides trying double slips, or stub switches, and you really don't want to go there.

The Peco machines seem different than Atlas, but really aren't that much different, electrically.

Regards,
Carl/Otis

Back