Another WTH Ebay Moment

I see a lot of repeat items and what amazes me how you can have two identical items in the same condition and one may sell for double the other with same shipping cost.

There must be people out there that really get caught up on trying to win a model.
Human nature being what it is.......I guess there would be at least a few souls out there, to whom winning the bidding war is more important than the actual value of the item. It strikes me as a type of confused mindset.

Mike

$883 US for four dozen lights that sell for less than $1 each at a dollar store?
Well at least the shipping and handling is free so I guess that's not too bad. :D

And you get 48 extra batteries too :p

"Plus 48 extra Free spare batteries for all 48 Tea Lights"

Hey! If you buy those ones in Aus off me, I'll throw another shrimp on the Barbie for ya this Christmas.;):p

Aw man, it was a lot more interesting to see a $100 msrp loco have a $4050 bid...

I lookeed at the listing and it was "ended" with no bids. I do have to say though, I made a mistake like that. Entered a bid with a misplaced decimal. I retracted the bid of course but geez (red face).

I was just looking on ebay......guy has a new kato N scale Canadian Pacific AC4400 locomotive for sale. He knows enough about it to say it's new and never been run.......yet he no longer has the box it came in......priced $10-$20 less than usual. Hmmmm.....I'll pass. Maybe he used the box to put leftover potato salad in? Not sure. :confused:

On this one.......what I noticed immediately is he has the large AC equipment box behind the cab on the left side which is THE main identifying characteristic of an AC4400CW. But he is calling this a C44-9W....the prototype of which has DC traction motors and the small equipment box. Looks to have laid some kind of screen mesh on top of the radiator at rear. Otherwise I do very much like CSX and G.E. 4400 series locomotives......it looks okay and has lots of detail.....but a little pricey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KATO-C44-9W...300578?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item19e262af22

$(KGrHqR,!rYFIvS6W19nBSOYs18rNg~~60_57.JPG

Back