Wpf 9/7 - 9/13

QRR Fan

Engine Collector
It's my turn to start this weeks thread! I just added WP 1503 to my fleet. This little SW1500 is one of the four I own which the prototype belongs to the Feather River Rail Society and is located at the Western Pacific Railroad Museum in Portola, CA. I had to throw in my certificate from last week to show that I've even operated SP 2873. (Just please excuse the clutter on my desk.)
View attachment 32578

SD530623-2.jpg

my latest little project. I don't remember what the shell came off of originally, but I cut it down to fit on an Athearn SW7 frame. I still have a lot of detail work to do but I think it's coming along nicely

my latest little project. I don't remember what the shell came off of originally, but I cut it down to fit on an Athearn SW7 frame. I still have a lot of detail work to do but I think it's coming along nicely

I made something like that 2 years ago using an SW1500 engine & used an SD90 cab. made it look like a pregnant switcher.:D

Finally decided on a trackplan for my father's "nursing home" layout. I ended going with a full 2'x4' plan despite the plan to go with only 22" width. What I did, was ASSUME that the piece of foam I had left over from filling two 3' windows was 24" wide. I forgot that the windows didn't quite need a full 3' due to interior filler strips. Each window only took 35" so the left over piece was 26". Ooops. Oh well at least there is room for the 24" in the nursing home room.

trackplan-small.jpg

Here it is with the blue extruded foam grading added.
track-grade-small.jpg

trackplan-grade-small.jpg
The track is now down and drying (matte medium), but I have no photo yet.
track-grading-small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
was working on another custom project for myself. This one is going to be a long time till its finished. I had hoped to get some of the major body modifications done before my son was born, but that didn't work out. Wifes water broke and son was born today at 113pm, 1 week earlier then expected.

I did get some stuff done earlier in the week so he's some progress shots. I also had a big order of cannon parts placed and that will be here this week. But i dont think i'll have time to really work on this model for a while.

Congrats Steve!
Don't worry, once things get settled, you will be amazed how much modeling you can get done during "naptime"!!!!;)

Congrats Steve!
Don't worry, once things get settled, you will be amazed how much modeling you can get done during "naptime"!!!!;)

Provided you don't take one yourself!!!!:D

Congrats on the baby! Where are the pictures?? Since this thread is called "Showing Off", this would be the perfect place!!;)

Congrats, Steve! I usually needed a nap too. Now that they are a little older they can help some.

Here's a photo I made for a thread on 1990s equipment on another forum:
4-SS850297.jpg

Ok since you guys asked for some here are few pics of my son, Daniel Gerard.
0915121650.png

0914121456.png

0915121844a.png

He's been doing great. Falls asleep as soon as he hit's my arms. When doctor had to draw some blood from his foot or a test he started crying, i started to rub his little hands and instantly stopped. Wife is in disbelief in how he stops crying with me.

Wife had to have a C-section so she wont be home till Tuesday. Having the bed to myself has been sweet and not having to goto work kicks ass too. lol

Anyway, I did get my atlas GP40-2 undecorated shell today for my NJT project. This shell is going to help out tremendously. So while off from work i'll try and cut down the SD45 shell for what I need from that and then just wait for my cannon parts to arrive.

Congrats!

A small bit of advice- don't work on trains while the baby is awake. It tends to torque mom off. "You're not spending enough time with the baby!!" is what you'll hear.

Congrats!

A small bit of advice- don't work on trains while the baby is awake. It tends to torque mom off. "You're not spending enough time with the baby!!" is what you'll hear.

oh i know that. i would never. Since she's going to be in the hospital till tuesday i have tomorrow and monday to work on things when i get home from visiting.

Back