Search results

1. CSXPAID

Anybody Else watch this unfold!!!

I have a good friend who is a brass collector and a PRR modeler and about a week ago an auction started on ebay for a Pennsy RS-3 thats called a hammerhead The PRR only had one and OMI produced 16 of them. 55 bids later this Ho scale brass engine sold for $6310.00:eek...
  2. CSXPAID

UP DD40 Wheel Centers

Hello all, I have a little scratch building project that I am starting (I dont want to let the cat out of the bag yet) but I would like to find out what the wheel centers on the dd40 are to see if that truck is an option Does any body have a bachmann, athearn or dd40 drawings that could...
  3. CSXPAID

Walthers SW-1

I was looking through the new walthers flyer and they are going to re-release the SW-1 in the lower end Mainline series. It does not look like it will be offered with sound but will be dcc ready. Finally though someone is going to do the SW-1 again!!!
  4. CSXPAID

Central Ohio Prototype Modeler Meet

Anybody going to it? Next week april 13th-14th In Marion Ohio at the Depot
  5. CSXPAID

Pennsylvania X-30 Boxcar

Well the newest edition to the freight car fleet is a crown custom brass X-30 This car is beautiful I still need to put semi-scale wheels on it, sergent couplers, and of course weather it A little info on the prototype: Originally built in 1931 this futuristic( I would imagine that is what...
  6. CSXPAID

F&C Virginian Battleship Gon Resin Kit

CNR Glen got me thinking on this Idea I have many resin kits (I really prefer to build these I know some may think I crazy) so I figure I will post build pics on ones that I start This Funaro & Camerlengo Kit features a one piece body and features double AB brakes. Sad to say I did not take...
  7. CSXPAID

Attn: EMD Switcher gurus

Can any one tell me the difference from a phase V NW-2 and a phase I other than the obvious differencein the cab and the stacks Im just trying to figure out what would have to be done to convert a BLI phase V NW-2 to a phase I I realize there are phase I nw-2's already available...
  8. CSXPAID

Up heritage unit spotted in ohio

At work tonight we passed the MP heritage unit headed west out of cleveland probably toward Chicago My engineer said what kind of unit is that? I saw it and got pretty excited that the second one i've seen!!! I saw miss katy a few months ago
  9. CSXPAID

Switching Layout Design Contest w/ prize!!

Hello all, As some of you may know I have the benchwork done for a 18"x 9' HO scale switching layout. I thought I might have had a decent track plan but Im not sure now if I want to use it. I don't know the first thing about the layout cad programs Ive tried the atlas one but cant get the...
  10. CSXPAID

My switching layout build

Hello all, I decided to start a building a switching layout that can be taken down easily in my apartment ( I got the landlords permission but I told them I just wanted to hang a shelf!!! I didnt totally lie). Any way the specs are 18" x 9' hollow core door with 2" polystyrene with 3/16"...
  11. CSXPAID

Looking for a certain post

A few weeks ago a member here (can't remember who) posted a thread on here that had a prototype photo that featured a National Railway boxcar on a siding with long end ladders and a roofwalk on top!!! I tried seaching but could not find it!! Any help would be great!!! Thanks, DEVLYN
  12. CSXPAID

Happy National Train Day!!!!

Hope everyone has a woderful National Train Day!!! DEVLYN
  13. CSXPAID

Deal of the day!!

Picked it up at a train show today for $15.00 its new and unassembled it includes parts to make the military C-47 which I plan on doing!!!! Now I just have to find WW11 C-47 decals in 1/87th Later, DEVLYN
  14. CSXPAID

War Bonds posters

I am in desperate need to find some ho scale WWII war bonds posters like for store windows and such does anybody know of a company that makes decals/stickers like this? Thanks, DEVLYN
  15. CSXPAID

Wash Question?

I am building my first craftsman wood kit it is a C&O frieght house! Anyway the freight platforms are going to have a dark wood finish and I was going to use paint diluted in rubbing alcohol. Are both water-based and oil-based paint compatible with rubbing alcohol? Thanks, Devlyn
  16. CSXPAID

Funny Railroad Story!!!

A yardmaster at work told me this a while back and I thought I would share!! When this yardmaster hired out he was doing some training in Flint Michigan Near a powerplant, anyway he was with a clerk in a company vehicle sitting off to the side of a crossing taking down car numbers as an...
  17. CSXPAID

Piers, Docks, Wharfs!

Lookin to build a custom pier with a few tracks and a gantry crane or two for loading a liberty ship for a wwII era layout! I just would like to get some ideas and designs so if you have any pics of model piers, docks, and wharfs I look forward to seeing them!!! Thanks, DEVLYN
  18. CSXPAID

Milwaukee Road Hiawatha Sky-top lounge cars

Hello all, I work as a Conductor for CSX out of Willard Ohio, and on my way to Cleveland yesterday I saw a sad site on a westbound train!!! There was a two flat cars behind the engines and the load that was on them was two Milwaukee Road Hiawatha Sky-top lounge cars that were cut up into...

Back