Deal of the day!!

CSXPAID

100_1086.png

Picked it up at a train show today for $15.00 its new and unassembled it includes parts to make the military C-47 which I plan on doing!!!! Now I just have to find WW11 C-47 decals in 1/87th

Later,

DEVLYN

100_1086.png

Picked it up at a train show today for $15.00 its new and unassembled it includes parts to make the military C-47 which I plan on doing!!!! Now I just have to find WW11 C-47 decals in 1/87th

Later,

DEVLYN

Lucky you! Congrats. I remember when they first came out, but for some reason I didn't get one. I regret it.
Enjoy and keep us posted.

That's a great find!
Are you gonna hang it over the layout with spinning props and blinky lights??

If anyone is thinging about adding a DC-3 to their HO layout and can't find the Walter's kit cheap, there is also an old 1/90 scale Monogram kit that Revel re-released a few years ago in PSA markings. It' actually very close in size to the Walter's. It's heavy on the old rivets, but shape wise is considered to be the most accurate of all the DC-3 kits. It should be easy to fine, and yes, its about $10!

Nice find.

Our Walthers DC-3 "crashed" in the desert section of our layout after a minor earthquake snapped the strings supporting it. The crash caused a little damage to the plane, but nothing too serious. I still have to re-hang it:

dc31.jpg

dc32.jpg

Thanks guys I will post pics as the build goes on!!!

Rico- I was thinking about doing that and I think accurate lighting even made a light kit for it

tankist- I model the C&O during WW2 so that is why it will be a military plane

Later,

DEVLYN

Back