Pennsylvania X-30 Boxcar

CSXPAID

Well the newest edition to the freight car fleet is a crown custom brass X-30 This car is beautiful I still need to put semi-scale wheels on it, sergent couplers, and of course weather it

A little info on the prototype: Originally built in 1931 this futuristic( I would imagine that is what you would think if you saw it in 1931) end door loading boxcar is a one of a kind with a length of 74.5 feet it was built to haul American LaFrance hook and ladder fire trucks from the plant in elkhart indiana to what ever city ordered a fire truck!!! This really neat car lasted into the Penn Central era

Now I just need to find a suitable American LaFrance series 700 hook and ladder for the inside

100_1928.jpg

Next to a standard 40 foot boxcar

100_1930.jpg

End Door

100_1931.jpg

B-end

100_1932.jpg

That's certainly unique.

I'm a big fan of APPROPRIATE oddball cars for your layout, like this. You should be able to say "hey that's neat" and not "wtf is that doing there?". Based on the company it's keeping in these photos, I'd say you're definately in the first category. :)

thats too much' I love it!!
And depending if it ever got up Minnesota way we got just the caboose to trail along behind that brute :D

GNX181-2.png

Back