Up heritage unit spotted in ohio

CSXPAID

At work tonight we passed the MP heritage unit headed west out of cleveland probably toward Chicago

My engineer said what kind of unit is that? I saw it and got pretty excited that the second one i've seen!!! I saw miss katy a few months ago

Thats about 2 hours south and west of me. Did you happen to see it?

Now that i think about it, chances arent very good that ill see any UP power here. Right in the heart of CP territory in NY. I see NS though, never seen a CSX unit either. Just when i was out in Buffalo for a football game did i see a CSX unit. Now that i think about it, ive never seen a CN unit either. I saw an old GE dash-8 (i think) demonstrator last week though. Go figure.

Thats about 2 hours south and west of me. Did you happen to see it?

Now that i think about it, chances arent very good that ill see any UP power here. Right in the heart of CP territory in NY. I see NS though, never seen a CSX unit either. Just when i was out in Buffalo for a football game did i see a CSX unit. Now that i think about it, ive never seen a CN unit either. I saw an old GE dash-8 (i think) demonstrator last week though. Go figure.

Nope, I read about it on the NYS forum at railroad.net, here is a link to the thread http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=73828

I lived in buffalo up until this month and now I am in the Syracuse area so really all I ever see now is CSX, other than the UP and BNSF run through power. Occasionally we get some CN power down from Massena but that is scheduled to end come october since CSX is scaling down NY operations even more. Sure makes me miss the days I got to spend watching Conrail run behind my childhood house :(

A few weeks ago I was able to catch this bad boy here in town. I was out for a "Sunday drive" and low and behold look who comes rolling through town...probably my favorite of the UP Heritage fleet!

UP1995 is the only one I've seen. It was pulling a business train about a year ago.

Back