Recent content by tompm

1. tompm

Coffee Shop XLI-2/23/2014

Hello folks I just wanted to take a few moments to check in and let everyone know that I am still kicking. I might be a little slower these days. A lot has been happening; some good and some not so good. I have been battling with some minor medical problems. It is nothing life threatening...
  2. tompm

Coffee Shop XXXIX-9/21/2013

Good morning folks It was 28 F when I headed out this bright morning. The wind was blowing so it felt even colder. First time we had to deal with wind chill this season. Our high is supposed to be 41 F. Last night was relatively uneventful. My son had his tennis lesson. My daughter...
  3. tompm

Good morning folks It was 35 F when I headed onto the dry roads this morning. As I traveled the temperature went down to 33 F and I was driving in and of snow squalls. Of course anytime I drove into a squall the other drivers freaked out. Nothing like drive at 60 MPH on the Interstate and...
  4. tompm

Good morning folks It was 41 F this morning as I rolled out of the driveway. Our high will be 51 F. We are continuing to notify coaches of my daughter’s decision. It has been a little rough since she has developed relationships with many of them. In some ways it is like losing a friend...
  5. tompm

Good evening folks It is finally over after almost 3 years. My daughter has found a college. She was accepted to New Jersey City University. Along with being accepted she was awarded the Presidential Scholarship. The scholarship is an academic scholarship and it provides full out of state...
  6. tompm

Good morning folks The phone call went well last night. Now one more phone call this evening and if it goes as expected we are done. I hope everybody has a good day.
  7. tompm

Good morning folks Well, it looks like the college search and volleyball recruiting for my daughter may actually be reaching its conclusion sooner than we expected. We have a phone this evening to help understand a few things. Then there will be a big phone tomorrow followed by some more...
  8. tompm

CoffeeShop XXXVII-5/1/2013

Good morning folks It was 74 F when I hit the roadways this morning. Our high will be 87 F. It is slightly cooler than it has been for the last few days. It has been a while since I had a chance to post or even read the forums. I spent some time over the weekend trying to catch up on my...
  9. tompm

CoffeeShop XXXVII-5/1/2013

Good morning folks It was 45 F as I hit the bright and sunny highways this morning. Our high is supposed to be a chilly 57 F. It was a busy weekend. My son had a camping trip with his Jamboree Troop. They got wet during as they experienced thunderstorms and heavy downpours on Friday night...
  10. tompm

Coffee Shop XXXVI-2/4/2013

Good morning folks It was 52 F when I hit the crowded highways this morning. Our high is supposed to be 60 F with rain for today and tomorrow. We visit another college with my daughter this weekend. It was an under whelming experience. My daughter was not over impressed and my wife was...
  11. tompm

Good morning folks It was 45 F as I headed out this morning. High today will be 63 F. My daughter had volleyball practice last night. She only stayed for half the practice. She has five more practices and then club volleyball is done. Both her and my son are representing their high school...
  12. tompm

Good morning folks It was a chilly 43 F this morning as I dropped the kids off at school. Our high today will be 75 F. Off night last night. It was pretty quiet. I spent a little time helping my daughter respond to a couple of college coaches’ emails. Also my wife and she worked on a...
  13. tompm

Good morning folks My daughter finished her last club volleyball tournament of the season. She cannot make the team’s last tournament since it conflicts with her Junior Prom. She has a few more practices that she will attend. Starting in June her high school team will be playing in a summer...
  14. tompm

Good morning folks Just passing through quickly. Work lately has been on crises after another. At home I am up to my neck with volleyball, college volleyball recruiting, college visits, and Boy Scouts. This weekend is my daughter’s last club volleyball tournament in Manheim, PA. My son is...
  15. tompm

Good afternoon folks I am still kicking. I am just neck deep in club volleyball and college volleyball recruiting. We have had tournaments in Washington, DC and York, PA recently. This weekend is in Philadelphia, PA and next month is Manheim, PA. We visited a few colleges and have some more...

Back