CoffeeShop XXXVII-5/1/2013

Haven't lost any teeth lately and been visited by the tooth fairy?

And how long does it take that pump to fill that bottle in the back there? Would make a good MRRder's bar accessory.

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Monday, July 8, 2013

anim_coffee.png

148.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

And how long does it take that pump to fill that bottle in the back there? Would make a good MRRder's bar accessory.
Back in the 1980's, I had a house with an in-ground pool. That was about the time G scale became popular, so I ended up with an LGB set that I ran around the pool. The set came with a large tank car that could be filled and the contents dispensed from the valve in the bottom. So, for a while I had a rolling bar, with a gondola containing glasses, another one with ice, and the tank car filled with scotch.

Good Morning

Kind of dull and stifling out there ...only 66F out there but it feels more like 83F right now..supposed to go to 85F feeling like 103F later on, under those ol' tunderin'boomers

Not much planned for today other than messing around in the studio...under the A/C....

Have a good one!!

Good morning folks

It was 74 F when I hit the roadways this morning. Our high will be 87 F. It is slightly cooler than it has been for the last few days.

It has been a while since I had a chance to post or even read the forums. I spent some time over the weekend trying to catch up on my forum reading. It has been busy with the kids and I hate to say I do not see any let up soon.

My son is getting ready to head to the Boy Scout Jamboree. He leaves next Monday. He has been attending meetings and a couple of camping trips to prepare for it over the last couple of months. In addition his troop is planning to return to Philmont in 2015 and he wants to go again. So, we attended a meeting on that and we will have a year’s worth of meetings and camping trips to prepare. He has been attending tennis camp for the last two weeks. He decided that he wants to go out for the boys tennis team in high school. He will practice with the girls’ team later this summer and in the fall. Apparently a good number of the boys do so. He really seems to be enjoying it.

The college search with my daughter has really heated up since school ended. She revisited one of the colleges she saw last year. Friday we have a visit and meeting with the volleyball coach with a school in Delaware. She has gotten several phone calls from coaches over the last few weeks. We are currently planning a trip to the Boston area to visit 4 schools in a couple of weeks. At the end of the month we will be heading up to central New York state to visit a few more. In between we have some visits to Pennsylvania and New Jersey schools to make. She attended a College Prospects Camp in California at the end of June. She did well and earned the Team Award. She talked to four or five caches afterwards. Later this week she has a clinic to attend. Her high school team is playing in a summer league and will be having their camp next week.

When we were out in western PA the weather was crazy. There were heavy rains with a lot of lightning. We stayed in Waynesburg, PA and had to drive to California, PA each day. My daughter stayed in the dorms. We had to deal with driving in the downpours and with flooded roads. Several houses got struck by lightning. According to my son the same thing was going on at home. On the drive home we encountered heavy rain on I-81. It was bad enough I got off the Interstate and took US 30 home. I did not want to deal with the trucks and the heavy rain in the dark on the interstate.

With all this going on there has been no time for any modeling. Maybe when the summer is over there will be some time.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning. It's 84°, feels like 91° and the humidity is 69%. The high will be 92° and will probably feel like 106°.
condmc-1.jpg
cond40.jpg

Looks like it'll be a hot one today. Yesterdays mystery of the computer parts has been solved. They came from my neighbors father. I needed it, he didn't so his junk became my treasure.

Tomorrow my father and I will be heading to Oakdale in search of a doctor who can do something about this foot of mine for what Medicaid pays. No doctor here will touch it for anything less than having their mortgage paid off it seems.

P1011572.jpg

Gotta be up at 5am and on the road to Oakdale no later than 7am tomorrow. My father4 and I are going to talk to a doctor there. Other doctors we've asked says he might be able to do something about this foot of mine, like make it go away. They say he can do it on what Medicaid pays. We'll see. If nothing else he may know someone who can do it on Medicaid. No way am I paying for somebodies mortgage!

In layout news, I looked at the park and took some measurements. Other than that there's no layout news.

In computer news, the power supply I put in my mothers old IIe is making clicking noises. Maybe that's OK, maybe not. Today I looked at a couple of power supplies online. One is used but is reported in good condition. The other is brand new. Never been out of the box. After comparing the prices with shipping included there was a difference of 89¢. I ordered the new one. For such a small difference might as well get the best. Total $63. Birthday money at work.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all next time.

Old all-metal kit-bashed Bachmann steamer.
DSCN2619.jpg

OK...did we get a few showers here...all of 5" on the rain gauge here and TO got hammered...flash flooding all over the place. Our back yard lake looks more ocean-like tonight.:confused:.. ....the channels are doing their thing though.

Tomorrow promises to be a wet one too...just what we needed...yeeeeaaaaahhh....right...:rolleyes:.

Good Morning from KindaFoggedInVille....

We are currently foggy and VERY wet here...got even more so-called showers overnight...now we are just drenched here...going to a high later on of 84 feeling like 103F...yay...oh...in the rain and those ol' t'underin'boomers no less....again...yay

Got some medical appointments of mine own to contend with as well..more tests...again...sheeesh...

Anyhow...have a good day!!

^ Love the tin cup with coffee gif. :)

Today may be the first day in a week without rain here in central Alabama. I think I actually saw the sun this morning (big, bright thing in the sky.) Still a chance for thunder-boomers this afternoon though. :p

Good morning folks.

I woke up to heavy showers and thunder this morning. I actually kind of like that in the summer every once in awhile. It's been hot and crispy here for a few weeks now so the moisture is welcome. Every half inch of rain knocks a little off my water bill (more train money)!

I purchased a large railroad crossing sign this weekend. It's the yellow kind in I'd say a 36inch radius. My wife saw it and said "I think you need that". I agreed! I thought it was to be located in the train room but she told me to put it on the wall in the tv/game room. Once again I agreed! Love this gal!

Other than that I've been working quite a bit. I'm taking a few weeks break on the home renovations before I tackle changing ALL of the woodwork to dark walnut from the current honey oak. It will look awesome when I'm done but will be a crazy amount of stripping, staining and varnishing. Oh well, I agreed to change it to get my wife to sign off on this house.

I hope everyone is having a good summer.

Last night rained all night with big ol' tunderin' blaster storms in betwixed. Today is partly sunny. Just went downtown to post office three blocks to mail bills. This must be the muggyist day of summer so far. Humidity is 80% and 80 degrees.....but it feels worse. Now back home with AC and fan a blowin'.

I might need some these hoppers for my ATSF railroad mega-diorama:

ATSF2bay_zps318eb4fb.png

Good afternoon. It's 91° but feels like 94°. The humidity is 42%.
cond30.jpg

Just got back from Oakdale a little while ago. The doctor we talked with says he's not qualified to do above ankle amputations but he knows a surgeon who is and he will do it on Medicaid. He set up an appointment for the 18th. He also checked out my left foot which has a couple small pressure ulcers and cut away some callouses around them then prescribed a strange wedge block type shoe that I'm having some difficulty getting used to. Curbs, steps and up ramps are the worst. We stopped at KFC on the way back. Senior citizen discount on the buffet. I was in the buffet line getting the items I wanted when the woman ahead of me suddenly took two quick steps back then reached across in front of me and pushed me back so she could get another roll. Probably the type that backs up in one way traffic to look at the sale items in the store window. I lost my balance and fell back and my tray went flying. I'm only sad it didn't hit her. The food could be replaced. I have to give it to the KFC employees. They were right there to handle the mess and were only too happy to help me with anything I needed. Meanwhile the woman said that it was my fault as I was in the way. She got some very dirty looks from all that had witnessed the incident, especially my step-mother. Oh boy. If looks could kill, well you know the rest of that. My father too was having some trouble keeping his temper about it. But anyway, I just said it was all right. Nobody got hurt. And we went on with our business at the buffet. KFC employees even took our trays to our table.

No plans for the rest of the day. I'll probably just lay back and watch a couple of movies.

P1011524.jpg

She must have been a politician or had lots of practice with law suits, always blame the other party.

Corey
Can you put her off a few decades?? Case in point. When my parents built their house in 1970, the wood trim was just clear, knot free white pine, with clear shellac... fast forward 1990,, was a gorgeous light honey color...fast forward again to 2011 when the house was sold....the color had deepened further, to a deeper rich amber.......I can imagine what it will look like in another 20 years. :eek:

Just trying to help a brother out ya know!:rolleyes:

Back